Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Should bbq/sc/ruin etc become native abilities?

Anyone remember Brutal Strength before the nerf? Almost everyone ran it. Killers couldnt function hardly without it. So what did the devs do?

They nerfed it.
And buffed native pallet breaking speed.

The result - its now a well balanced perk. Nice. But not crucial.

I think SC, Ruin and BBQ are all like this. Their pick rates are insane. So maybe a much weaker version should be added to the default gameplay.  For example:

Bbq: by default, see for 1 second which gens have been worked on in the last 10 seconds. And leave bbq as it is.

Sc: by default survivors can heal themselves at 25 or 30% speed. But sc improves it to 50%.

Ruin: increase time to do gens. Then reduce the effect of Ruin somewhat. 

SB and DS on the other hand are totally different... other perks are adequate enough. Theyre just so OP that everyone takes them.

Comments

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

I'll be more for adding NOED as a native ability for all killer to encourage survivor to hunt down dull totem and not ######### around in the end game.

Not only would it make cleansing dull totem actually usefull it will slightly slow down the game without increasing the already tediously long generator repair time.

• ThePeeje
    ThePeeje Member Posts: 70

Yeah its a good shout. Killer is pretty weak at the end of the match. I'm not sure how that would work though.

Maybe either just the speed boost or just the 1 hit ability by default.

However... if it was too strong and survivors always had to cleanse all the totems - NOED wouldnt catch anyone by surprise. and thus it would rarely ever spawn. I could see a strengthened small game would become a lot more useful and take away from some of the meta perks.

At the same time though, i dont think NOED is as crucial as the others mentioned above. I mean, SC is just so far beyond meta its ridiculous. No one wants to have to rely on others. especially in solo queue.

An alternative fix to SC would be to either allow SC to kick in when someone or multiple people die. Because this is when SC is most crucial. Where as early on its not such a problem to get healed. I really feel that self healing is just something people want and need in the game.

BBQ, while very strong, is just kind of needed because without it, you may as well camp or not wander too far. i said for a year now that i'd be happy to give every killer a weak version of bbq for free. its actually helpful.

And Ruin is a perk most killers despise but still use because theres no other choice. It simply does such a good job, despite being entirely RNG dependent. A weaker Ruin, longer gens and improved Thanat would make Ruin go right down.

• Feyard
    Feyard Member Posts: 43

BBQ by default: Maybe make all gens worked on instantly have a hard skill check, which won't improve the progression, this way there is still counterplay to it by just hitting the skill check.

SC by default: I don't know, in my opinion the whole "healing yourself" thing is unnecessary, med kits should be the only way to do that (or a limited use sc like many are proposing), just nerf the self healing and buff the friendly healing that way you will get rewarded when actually searching for others while you are wounded.
    As long as you can safely heal yourself taking a hit wont be such a risk and I do not know how others feel, but I wouldn't want to get hit by those killer weapons... If Sc would be a default (no matter how weak it is), it would make hits less scary and one hits even more op.

Ruin by default: Well yeah, increasing gen times/difficulty would be the only way, but that is pretty bland, adding other objectives would be interesting, combined with the NOED by default you could just make totems the secondary objective. Make hex totems look like dull ones and when the exit is powered the killer gains a X% speed boost per active totem (the one hit would be too oppressive). Then cleansing totems would finally start to make more sense.