Freddy and Oblivious

Options
slipttees
slipttees Member Posts: 846
edited December 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

Why did Freddy have Oblivious status? Isn't it enough to teleport to generators, snares and fake pallets? Oblivious to freddy is just to encourage facecamping. Needs to be reviewed, In my opinion freddy without this status would be more balanced.

This status should only be for demogorgon as it is a skill after it teleports between portals.

Oblivious status broke Borrowed Time.

Post edited by slipttees on

Comments

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535
    Options

Cause you are in HIS WORLD. Just go wake up. It's not that hard.

• Toxicboii
    Toxicboii Member Posts: 446
    Options

Wake yourself up, and save that person. You aren't affected by oblivious while you are awake.

Honestly, the change only made 1 single perk less useful. The change was meant to have freddy not run any TR perks, since slowing the game down a lot was enough. If anything, we kinda need this change, otherwise, the slow games will get slower.

Was it worth it man? Was it worth getting a perk that guarantees a save? Was it worth having freddy slow the game down even further, and make it likely impossible to escape for a perk that guarantees hook saves?

No? Then learn and adapt against him, lazy f#ck.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,127
    Options

The Oblivious effect makes him vulnerable too. Ever had an OoO as Freddy? 0 Mindgame possible once they are asleep, because they can see you all the time.

• slipttees
    Options

Every update I need to adapt. I just think Oblivious status was supposed to be just Demogorgon's and not Freddy's.

Freddy is already good enough after rework.

• LapisInfernalis
    Options

@slipttees well... against facecamping it needs more than just BT. It needs multiple Survivors for distraction and someone who fakes the unhook. I did it myself against freddy without having BT at all and it worked. He is no Bubba, Huntress or Billy where you even have problems trying that.

• slipttees
    Options

It's so boring to play against Freddy and Spirit.

Spirit chapter 14 have little good changes collision and window animation and now more balanced.

Freddy need little changes too. Oblivious status is good option.

• Jallybwan
    Jallybwan Member Posts: 472
    Options

"Just wake yourself up" doesn't matter, because if Freddy hits you, you fall asleep immediately. This is likely what OP means by "try facecamping."

• LapisInfernalis
    Options

@slipttees Playing against Freddy/Spirit is not boring (at least for me) but challenging. I welcome the no collision and vault animation changes too, because even as killer this felt just cheap.

Concerning Freddy, what rank are you on? I never met a camping Freddy since the Rework on purple and red ranks. The only reason why I think the Oblivious Effect is bad, is the reason I mentioned before. It makes you helpless as Killer when you are going against Object of Obsession which should not be the case with any Killer and was the reason they gave stealth killers Undetectable.

And if Freddy is (Face)camping, then do gens. Punish him that way. But... don't forget the Totems, OK?

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

It's actually not hard to go against those two killers.

You just have to play a lot more differently and focus on different objectives when compared to the other killers.

Freddy gives the survivors a mandatory second objective, waking up. It slows the game down but waking up will make Freddy much more weaker as it slows down his teleporation recharge and makes his snares/pallets completely ineffective. Waking up turns him into an M1 killer with a very slow teleportation recharge.

Now where have I heard talk of survivors getting another objectives other than gens?

Spirit on the other hands requires you to think on your feet, she relishes on survivors who panic when she phases or don't know what to do but stop moving, hoping to not give their location away to her. She's a killer that requires a certain level of understanding and skill in order to accurately predict what she will do next.

Without her power, the Spirit is a 110% killer with a short lunge that can be abused by survivors to make her ineffective during chases.

They're only boring to you because you seem to not have played against in the way that is intended. You're supposed to wake up, you're supposed to predict what the Spirit is going to do next. You're not supposed to win if you don't do or know how to do those two things.

• KeeBy
    KeeBy Member Posts: 17
    Options

it's funny because everyone it's an expert now

If you successfully unhook with BT and freedy hit him with endurance effect the oblivious effect negate the terror radius so the mend will put him down anywayy

• slipttees
    Options

Killer rank 2, me 1. Gates open, EGC without noed. I try rescue team member.

• Danky
    Danky Member Posts: 217
    Options

if facecamping was just an issue then why arent people crying about Leatherface??? u cant save from Leatherface with him full on facecamping or even basement camping.

• slipttees
    edited December 2019
    Options

this is the point. Little nerf in BT for me.

Oblivious is demogorgon skill.

Freddy is not stealthy killer!

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

When you are in his Dream World you are at a disadvantage. He isnt a stealth killer but neither is Demogorgon.

• KeeBy
    KeeBy Member Posts: 17
    Options

the change must be in BT .. mend should be stoped when you are in chase not only if you hear terror radius

but who i am to suggest things..

• TapeKnot
    TapeKnot Member Posts: 248
    Options

I mean, you can still hear Freddy's lullaby if you are close to them while asleep. It doesn't make him very stealthy as you still know he's near you.

• LapisInfernalis
    Options

@Danky That was the exception I did not mention because I thought it would be obvious.

@slipttees I do not consider that camping, because the killer has nothing else to do. But that's personal definition I think.

• Danky
    Danky Member Posts: 217
    Options

so the issue isnt facecamping, its just u want an ez'er game???

• LapisInfernalis
    Options

@Danky I never had the issue of a facecamping Freddy. And I do like challenging games.

Facecamping in general is stupid and only countered by genrushing.

• CookieBaws
    CookieBaws Member Posts: 619
    edited December 2019
    Options

Oblivious should not be in Freddy's kit, he had decent kit already. Was no need for a "buff"

• Haku
    Haku Member Posts: 614
    edited December 2019
    Options

I never understood either where that idea came from after they reworked him. He was alreay strong and out of nowhere there was this new Oblivious effect like they are saying - hey guys he has so many skills that literally nobody else have at the same time, why not add another one because..... ?

Post edited by Haku on