Bhvr rework the adept achievements

Rinthespooki
Rinthespooki Member Posts: 255
edited December 2019 in General Discussions

Don't care if i get banned, the adept achievement for killers ARE BULLSHIT.

The recent one, for Oni, is impossible, since using an instadown punishes you for doing your objective and a single DC already throws the achievement out.

When will you fix it?

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• shanks3042
    shanks3042 Member Posts: 163

When I did the adept achievement with nurse 1 of the survivors disconnected. I think they need to stay in game for 5 minutes and then the dc will count as kill/sacrifice.

• Venom368
    Venom368 Member Posts: 321

Good thing they just added punishments for DCing. Are you really complaining about not being able to get achievement on the day the killer was released?

• LiunUK
    LiunUK Member Posts: 944

i agree the gens just get done way too quickly without any slowdown perks and all it takes is 1 toolbox to ######### the killer over

• Venom368

Who cares? It's something to work for. The adept survivor achievements have a different goal and are much easier to get. Why are you comparing the two? They are personal achievements to get in the game, and have nothing to do with game balance whatsoever. Would you be happy if they changed the name of the survivor achievements to something else other than 'adept'..?

If they made it so all you had to do was get a 4k then it wouldn't be challenging at all. I like having something difficult to go for. BHVR has no incentive to change how difficult the adept killer achievements are, because they literally don't affect the game whatsoever.

• Venom368
    edited December 2019

Are you understanding what I'm saying? There is no 'punished' when it comes to achievements. They are literally personal challenges. There is nothing to fix. Sure luck is involved, but there's no benefit you get from completing these achievements. There's so many other games that have achievements that are infinitely harder than any 'adept killer' achievement.

A - You should know how you are doing in the middle of a match. Check out the Dbd wiki for a breakdown of the numbers behind the emblems.

B - If a survivor disconnects after you have hooked them once, you can still get the achievement. In the Devout category, you get 2 points for a sacrifice and 2 points for a disconnect. They are equal. You're only screwed if a survivor DCs before you hook them once.

I have every adept achievement completed other than the ones that came out today. Some of the killer ones took me a longggggg time to get. Why would you want an achievement just given to you? If they nerfed it, it just makes it less impressive to have it.

Post edited by drimmalor on
  • Rinthespooki

I don't know where you are getting the punished part because i have not mentioned it anywhere.

Also you love not to look at the current issue that every instadown killer is punished in the emblem departament FOR USING THEIR POWER AS INTENDED.

Go to a match and only use chainsaw as hillbilly, you'll depip if you are in the red ranks, black pip at best if you kill every survivor just by only using hillbilly's chainsaw.

• Venom368

I don't know where you are getting the punished part because i have not mentioned it anywhere.

Killers with instadowns have been constantly punished

the current issue that every instadown killer is punishedΒ 

...?

you'll depip if you are in the red ranks, black pip at best if you kill every survivor just by only using hillbilly's chainsaw.

It's a way to balance the power of their insta-down capability... A chainsaw isn't exactly hard to hit, and it would literally just carry everybody to rank 1 if it counted as 2 hits. The only emblem this even affects is the Brutality category where you get 1 point for each hit on a survivor. No other emblem is effected by using chainsaw only. You will not depip unless you do poorly in the other 3 categories as well... Throw in a few M1s as Billy and you're good to go.

• Rinthespooki

Soo why would i want to throw in a m1 if i have the perfect opportunity to use my power to end a chase there and there and not extend it? Sounds ######### ######### in my opinon.

• Venom368

You would only want to throw in an m1 if you are going for the iridescent brutality emblem. There's no other reason why you would, if you're in a situation where could just chainsaw them. That's not punishing Billy, thats making it so you're not punished for playing a killer other than Billy (as far as emblems go). Why would anybody ever play a non-insta-down killer if you could just get iridescent brutality by only chainsawing people lol

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

Ok, so Oni's power is a 1 hit down if you use it well.

His power takes a significant time to build up, during which 3 survivors are under 0 pressure.

He also has no stalling across his power or perks.

One of his perks is training wheels for new players.

This is going to be one of the hardest adepts yet, stacked with the fact that new rank reset will basically still leave you in the red ranks.

Guess I'm slugging the last two survivors 6 or 7 times to bump up emblems.

• ahandfulofrain
    ahandfulofrain Member Posts: 528

Then do the same thing that Ghostface players do and don't use the ability to instadown. Use it strictly for mobility. Ez.

• anarchy753

Yeah ok, go against red rank survivors where your only power is "run a bit" with 0 useful perks, and expect a literally perfect game by emblems.

• ahandfulofrain
    ahandfulofrain Member Posts: 528

I have all the adepts except Oni and I am a rank 1 player. Next.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    edited December 2019

Agreed. 4K with the 3 set perks should be enough to gain the achievement.

• anarchy753
    edited December 2019

I have all the adepts except Oni and I am a rank 1 player. That doesn't magically make these achievements good, or reasonable.

nExT.

Edit: AND I have the Oni one, it's still problematic.

Post edited by anarchy753 on
  • Venom368

Yall are missing the point of difficult achievements lol. You shouldn't expect to have a perfect game by emblems when going against red ranks. It's going to be difficult and you're going to have to play in a way to manipulate the emblems. You're going to have to get lucky and it's going to take a while if you want to go for it.

And again, you get nothing from completing the achievement. It's a personal accomplishment. And it's less impressive of an accomplishment the easier it is to do.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

Agreed

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897
    edited December 2019

Just go back to the old system of killing all four survivors. That was a fair method and did not need changing.

I just got Oni's and if it was like pulling teeth with the gen rush, dc's, and crappy maps.

• Venom368

Nice, then everyone has the achievement because of how easy it is to do, especially with Oni. Woohoo! Everybody gets a participation ribbon!

• anarchy753

There's a difference between "not expecting it" and "the emblem system does not function properly for different killer powers, AND stack a bunch of terrible perks on and then just roll the dice until you get a potato squad who decides to not do gens for no reason."

You act like these are DESIGNED to be hard, the original adepts were about unlocking perks on the bloodweb. The 4k adepts were a fun and reasonable challenge. The merciless adepts are terribly designed, because they went for the cop out of changing the trigger to match the changed meaning of "merciless" over trying to change achievement text which is harder, then also changed the meaning of merciless to be harder against already better players.

These achievements are a ######### show because they just keep changing them to make them harder, not with the intent of changing achievements, but because they're arbitrarily tied to rank mechanics that they want to experiment with and can't be bothered fixing the achievements to be separate from that.

• Venom368
  • Venom368

Does it matter if they were designed to be hard or not? I do agree that it is unfortunate that the requirement for 'merciless victory' is different depending on your rank as far as the achievement goes. But, that just means the achievement has more personal value if you were able to get it in red ranks.

If they did make a change to make the requirement consistent across ranks, i'd rather it be changed to 'get all 4 iridescent emblems in a game' over anything else.

• anarchy753

You can shove 'personal value' when I can bust my ass for a week on the thing, meanwhile green rank players have the same achievement for barely scraping a 4k.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

And you sound like a lovely fellow! Good day sir! 😊

• Venom368

Hence the 2nd part of my comment. Derank if it's too hard for you in red ranks and you want it that badly.

The only challenge I had left in the 3rd chapter before the patch yesterday was the save 2 survivors in endgame, and I spent almost 80 hours trying to get it. I got the challenge done in my 2nd game after they nerfed it. Definitely more reasonable of a challenge, but it doesn't feel great knowing that I had to wait until they made it easier to get it, and that the harder version of the challenge doesn't exist anymore to go for and be rewarded for.

For the challenges, you get bloodpoints as a reward, so I understand why people were upset with their difficulty. For achievements, there is no award other than the feeling of personal achievement and being able to show it off. And I don't understand the mentality of "please make my personal achievements less meaningful" or "can you make this really hard thing easier for me so i can feel accomplished"

• Venom368

You do as well! I understand your point of view, and I respect it. Have a good one! 😊

• tunnelmedaddy
    tunnelmedaddy Member Posts: 1

Can confirm that it's difficult, as it should be. However, I've now managed it twice in the 10 games I've played as Oni and neither registered, so I'm quite certain it's in a bugged state at present. Can anyone else confirm?

• tomerk
    tomerk Member Posts: 7

I've used only his 3 perks, items and some bloodpoints offering, and didn't get the trophy on PS4.

Is it bugged?

• anarchy753

Yeah, so what? I managed the 2 unhooks in the endgame after 3 matches. It doesn't make the attitude that "things that are ######### should stay ######### forever" any better.

I'm not going to be salty that they fixed a terrible, luck based challenge.

I still think they should fix a terrible, luck based achievement.

• Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568

Ackshually...

It affects Chaser as well. Downing a survivor in 2 hits means you won 2 chases. Downing them in 1 hit means you only won 1 chase.

• Venom368

I got the adept Oni yesterday as rank 3 killer. Seeing as how we both got it within 2 days of the killer release, with both of us being in red ranks, I don't see how you can make the case that these achievements aren't reasonable.

• Rinthespooki

you are indeed missing the point but im not gonna be wasting my breath.

• Venom368

I'd sure hope you aren't wasting breath from typing

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

In green ranks I got all iridescent after letting two survivors go I felt sorry for because their teammate was absolute garbage and ran into dead zones instead of windows or pallets