Petition for a Compromise regarding the withdrawal of the 4 event cosmetics.

Dear community,

As you probably know, update 3.4.0 was supposed to come with a whole bunch of exclusive cosmetics including 4 very special cosmetics : The Huntress' Hound Mask / David King's New Year Donkey / Kate Denson's Free Song Bird Top / Hillbilly's Pro-pain Hammer.

2 of these cosmetics were from the Howling Grounds Lunar New Year event.

2 of these cosmetics were from the Summer BBQ event.

As of the release of update 3.4.0, the devs have decided to withdraw these 4 cosmetics from the batch they were giving us for free because the players that earned them fair and square during the event didn't feel satisfied that they would just be given for free to everyone (which is TOTALLY UNDERSTANDABLE). I would have done the same.

I am however disappointed to not be able to get these cosmetics. I have been following this game since shortly before the Halloween Chapter came out (I discovered the game on YouTube). At the time, my computer was an Acer Aspire V5 (try to run DBD on that !). Furthermore, I didn't have the necessary revenues to afford Dead By Daylight or any of its content.

Still, I was following the game because I felt like it deserved to grow (and look where its come).

I was up all night to see the 10 000 000 th coin added to the counter for Feng Min's New Year polo and I was so happy that the player base at that time had teamed up to earn something together !

I personally think that some of us who didn't get the cosmetics deserve them as well as the players who put all their efforts in the game at the time of the events.

This is why I came up with this COMPROMISE :

When update 2.0.0 released, the devs opened the in-game Store, allowing us to buy cosmetics and DLCs for Auric Cells or Iridescent Shards. Their goal (and you can check back their 2.0.0 dev stream on YouTube) was to make sure that there was a way for players to grind points to access content rather than making everything cost money. However, they were aware that some people weren't into grinding points and they made everything affordable for real money as well to give you the choice (Farm or Pay).

As of today, most of the events cosmetics are available in the in-game Store (Hallowed Blight, Hallowed Catalyst, Moonrise, Ugly Sweaters (wasn't an event but the sweaters were seasonal outfits) and even the All Hallow's Eve event included the nurse's pumpkin head cosmetic that was handed out for free).

WHAT I WANT (and probably others) : I would like the 4 withdrawed cosmetics to be in the in-game Store, in accordance to what the devs intended to do with their game in the 2.0.0 update. Of course, to be FAIR : I would also like all these cosmetics to be worth Auric Cells ONLY (as the other events cosmetics are).

Please, if you feel like this compromise is worth it, rate this post up. It would help me a lot :'D

Let us all keep the game fair and give everyone even chances of obtaining what others achieved in the past. Even if we are late to these events, us joining the game (and I've only been playing since June 2019) means that we are also contributing to the player base growth and we shouldn't be left aside.

Hear us out !

If you've been reading all the way, congratulations and thank you !

Best Regards,

MrGolden32467

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

wouldn't surprise me if they appear in the store or the rift or hell another lunar event

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

Here is my compromise:

Give the cosmetics to all who want them.

BUT

If you didn't earn them in the event then in game all other survivors and the killer just see you in normal gear. Only the owner can see them.

Fair?

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

Petition for skins ?

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

The Kate one is quite nice but at the end of the day its a white T-shirt. Its not good camo....that's why I hardly use it anyhow...

• MrGolden32467
    MrGolden32467 Member Posts: 99

Yes ^^ This is literally the only problem I have with Dead By Daylight : not everything being in the shop. I think it's due to my OCD / Perfectionist / Completionist side. (I got 106 achievements since June)

• MrGolden32467

Well that's the thing. Some people find it unfair that the skins would be handed out for free when they tried so hard to earn them. So I tried to come up with a fair compromise based on what the devs intentions are with their game :D

• rayoxium
    rayoxium Member Posts: 112
    edited December 2019

If it were in the store I’d like it to be for iridescent shards only. Auric cells you have to pay for, and nobody has paid for those items. Make it a really high cost for shards, or close to the same play time it took to get it when the event was live.

at the end of the day it’s just cosmetics and I don’t really mind if they’re there or not. The only event item I use is the propain hammer and I couldn’t care less if it was available to everyone

edit for spelling :P

• MrGolden32467

To be honest, I'm only interested in the Howling Grounds cosmetics, but I included the Summer BBQ ones for the Kate an Billy players that feel like me :)

• MissBehavingX
    MissBehavingX Member Posts: 493

Question.. did we already have the "chuckles" mask? I noticed it in my inventory a while ago. I certainly didnt earn it. I'm on console.

• MrGolden32467

I can see what you're saying with Legacy :D It was a big "Thank You" from the devs to reward the players that supported their game in its beginning. I wasn't even there to support them at that time so I don't feel worthy of them. But for the other events, I feel like its different : I was there, watching YouTubers earn these amazing cosmetics and I couldn't get the game at that time. I just felt sad that I couldn't afford to also join in on the fun even though I really wanted to. And when I actually got the game, I expected "Oh well, I couldn't farm for them, guess I'll have to buy them." But I was sad once again to not find them in the shop. These cosmetics also represent something for me you know ? Its part of my past now, my past self that used to spend hours on every YouTube channel, watching the game grow only to be able to play it in June 2019.

Thank you for commenting your thoughts ! :D

• MissBehavingX
    MissBehavingX Member Posts: 493

Ah that might be it. I haven't played since the update but when I saw the pictures of the items we will be receiving it was like "wait a minute, I think I already have it".

Thank you so much <3

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

"being able to pay for them removes the feeling that players earned them."

How so?

• MrGolden32467

I can recall all of that actually :D Everyone was super salty. Some survivors would go full sabo on lunar hooks and some killers would just camp lunar gens. Good times ^^

Thank you for sharing your thoughts :)

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

I think event cosmetics should be available but during events. Like the hallowed blight stuff this year. You can buy the new stuff with event currency as well as last years. This way everyone has the same kind of grind and everyone has a chance to get it.

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334

The David Jacket is a re-color of his other two jackets. It still looks awesome though.

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334
    edited December 2019

It's more yellow then white, still not very camo. It always bothered me though that's it's the only slip dress without her accessories (bracelets, rings, and necklace). That kinda drew me away from it. I guess it makes it more "unique". But it also makes it pretty bland.

• Kev19915
    Kev19915 Member Posts: 117
    edited December 2019

I would also personally like to see them put in the store. All other event cosmetics after the Scorching Summer BBQ event were put in store. Yes, i do have the free songbird shirt and the Pro-Pain hammer. I unlocked all available cosmetics during the hollowed blight and the Moonrise events while others could simply purchase them whenever they wanted. At this very moment i am grinding the tome, currently at tier 68 but in year all those cosmetics will be available in store. I hope at least they will consider doing it. Well said MrGolden32467!

Post edited by Kev19915 on
  • concious_consumer
    concious_consumer Member Posts: 282

I lost them all due to this game being a big ######### buggy mess. I'm likely one of many that didn't bother with support ticket and it would be logical to just give it to everyone because the same bug will happen. It's just a matter of time.

Not like I care tho. Those cosmetics were gross imo lol

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

They have fixed the bug, and found a way to store the items securely from now on.

There are plans currently in the works to restore the cosmetics to players who earned them during the events in the near future.

• lynelmane
    lynelmane Member Posts: 549
    edited December 2019
  • lynelmane
    lynelmane Member Posts: 549

from what I heard, exclusive cosmetics from PAX events and stuff were given out as steam codes, so console players could not get them because console has no way to accept codes for ingame content. that's why you dont see exclusives on xbox

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

NO

• DeathReaper
    DeathReaper Member Posts: 52

i was kind of in a bad mood when i made my Event Cosmetics post calling people entitled wasn't very civilized and i apologize for that

• T2K
    T2K Member Posts: 635

so you should be able to get cosmetics others grinded for because you didnt play at that time? lol

I even bought the core game back then when it wasnt for free in the stores and grinded every event for that stuff.

Cant believe how onesided some people are. sure free stuff is nice for you because you missed out a lot. but its nobodys fault you joined in on dbd so late.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,873

I'd be fine with it. It's not like they were "hard" to earn. It's just a matter of playing the game during a specific time frame. I suppose that could be an argument for or against putting them in the store. Some players feel like they should be "special" because they played for a certain amount of time.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

The difference between event cosmetics and legacy is that legacy was actually VERY HARD to obtain. It required a significant amount of time dedicated to the game. Event cosmetics didn't. You play normally and could get it in less than 50 games. That is a cake walk. Legacy by comparision would take a few hundred games. They aren't even in the same league dude.

You didn't earn the event cosmetics. You played the game and they handed it out to you. Like I said I got 3 of the 4 easily by just playing normally. I missed out on one because the game was literally in an unplayable state, so yea I was robbed of the cosmetic because the game didn't work. Explain to me how that's fair.

Despite that I would have no issue giving these skins out to everyone. It's been well over a year since either event, you got to have them exclusively all that time. No reason to deny other players from having it.

If they had a new event for legacy skins I would support it. But unlike the event cosmetics, they were significantly more difficult to earn. More difficult than Withered Blight. So you can't be applying the same logic here.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Legacy took a lot of time to unlock. Event cosmetics did not. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME. Stop comparing them.

In one case you play maybe at most 50 games. That can easily be done in the 2 weeks or whatever time the event lasted. That's about 4 games a day.

Legacy took several hundred games to unlock because of how grindy it was. Not to mention it's basically like a beta skin because it was so early in the game's development.

It seriously boggles my mind how selfish some people are.

• Retry
    Retry Member Posts: 36

I can understand the code-related ones, those make sense. But no compromise on the event skins is needed - players earned those skins by completing the in-game events. If you didn't, I see no reason you should be entitled to them whatsoever. As much as I would love the huntress one, I was not playing the game at that time - so there's zero reason for me to receive it, regardless of if I pay for it or not, as I did not earn it.

That's the point of event skins; giving players something to earn. It's not fair to give those out to those who did not earn them while there are those who worked for them; it's just silly and unfair. They deserve to keep those unique skins that they worked for. They're the same as the legacy skins, even though the difficulty in earning them is not at all comparable. I'm not entitled to a legacy skin because I did not earn it, so I'm not entitled to an event skin I didn't earn, either.

This discussion has been closed.