Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Gates

When the hatch is closed when there is only one person left, I feel the doors should be at least half way opened, maybe even a quarter; if you don;t come in with a key and the hatch gets closed, you automatically die because the gates spawn so close to each other and the killer monitors them. There is no way for one to escape unless allowed to or with an afk killer at the end. It's a serious problem that makes the game discouraging to play, the whole closing hatch thing was a great idea but there's still improvements needing to be made.

Comments

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

You make a good point, but this wasn't really helpful

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

They weren’t asking for advice, they were asking for tweaks. If they were asking for advice I would’ve said what you said, so kudos for the good advice.

• LintyScorpion
    LintyScorpion Member Posts: 165

Oh boy, another post from a whiny survivor who didn't get a free win. The whole point in the gate being powered when the hatch got closed was for to have a chance to escape, not a guarantee.

• DeDoeH
    DeDoeH Member Posts: 26

I get what you are trying to say. The situation described in your thread is indeed hard for survivors.

But have you every looked at it this way:

this problem only occurs if:

...you failed to escape the normal way

...the rest of your team is dead

...no gate is open or gens are even up

... then you failed to find the hatch before the killer

Which means you (or your group/randoms) have been outplayed every step of the game so far. In my opinion if all of that happens, even a slim chance to escape (e.g. lucky gate spawn) is basically more than you earned over the course of the game.

One piece of advice: If you dont know where the hatch is try going to a gate ASAP and camp nearby. Once the killer closes the hatch instantly work on the gate. This works surprisingly well if the hatch is not by bad luck too close to you.

• FruityMemes
    FruityMemes Member Posts: 55

I've always thought a perk like wake up could use a small buff that if you are opening the gate the red progression bars become invisible to the killer or whatever but idk how strong that would be

• StrickxNyne
    StrickxNyne Member Posts: 230

Wakeup. It speeds the doors opening. I do feel you though. Non hatch campers who actually work on gens get punished here. If you hid by a door during last klll you could just pop the door open if the killer isn't standing in the middle of the hatch reading a. Magazine. If you powered up 3 gens and become the last survivor and miss the hatch, you didn't fail, your team failed you, and everyone thinks you should be punished for working and staying out of the killers reach. The killer got 3 kills already and wants the 4th handed to them via doors that spawn directly together or standing in the middle of the hatch with incidious on.

Let's all pretend he said, "if I've done all but one Gen alone and made it to the end being a good teammate via doing light bringer, the hatch should power a % for the work I've done not being a hiding hatch camping noob. Anyhow the answer will be, oh get good skrub, find a better team, it's still all your fault take your death like a good meat puppet etc.. You're not going to get good feedback from killers here, each one feeling like you feel entitled not thinking you're the exact survivor they actually love to have. Just become what they hate and camp the door or the hatch at the end. Personally I'll camp the door, eventually the magazine runs out, keep a mobile game handy to pass the time VS the hatch camping killer standing on the hatch and prepare for hate mail from the killer who didn't get their 4th kill they feel entitled to.

• Apple2o
    Apple2o Member Posts: 624

My only problem with gates is that it's possible for them to spawn REALLY close together. There's plenty of times where I can guard both gates while not even having to move. It's a 100% guaranteed kill at that point which kinda defeats the purpose.

• Apple2o
    Apple2o Member Posts: 624
    edited December 2019

And while it's true the survivor "failed" by not getting the gens done by then, you also have to consider they could have just had a potato team that got stomped or the killer was running overpowered items / offering.

Especially when the lousy matchmaking puts you into unwinnable games. I will get games where, as a rank 1, my team is a SWF that consists of another rank 1 and two rank 15's. We get a rank 1 killer and it's literally a 2v1 at that point. I "failed" by joining that lobby, not by playing poorly. And thinking about it, it's probably even worse than a 2v1 because the rank 15's will be feeding the killer all his snowball perks as well.

• foochill1
    foochill1 Member Posts: 109

Oh my bad I didnt realize that the survivors were supposed to be given a freebie just cause they happen to be the last one alive, play killer bro, do good then the last survivor gets a freebie???? Wheres the common sense in that

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

A lot. You are basically garanteed to win in a 1v1 scenario if you play smart

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    edited December 2019

Its a team game. Escaping is a team effort. Not escaping is a failure to do so. You are not supposed to 1v1 the killer. If you don't like the notion of relying on others, play killer.

• shards
    shards Member Posts: 95

well maybe you should consider that on many maps the hatch spawns on the same few spots (like on the swamp with 2 houses and badham) + more often than not the gates are so close to each other that you can see them by standing still or walking back and forth - now imagine if the killer has high mobility or can trap the door handles

why should one side have an upper hand? shouldn't it be an equal chance?

also when the hatch has spawned, killer will usually look for it before killing the 2nd last guy (slugging) so good luck escaping lol

• Xerge
    Xerge Member Posts: 928
    edited December 2019

Like someone already said; you have to kinda mindgame the exit gatee. I've managed to open it a few times, I even got it opened against an Oni who ran from one gate to the other. It's hard but not impossible.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Lmao, half-way open? Seriously?

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

I play plenty of killer and think end game is way too easily favored fot the killer. Especially since most games killers just slug and find the hatch. If exits are close which is often the case or if whispers are on, you have no chance. It was a huge unnecessary buff to killers. The easy and fair solution to end hatch stand offs would be for the survivor to just fall through the hatch if they're able to get to it before they're found by the killer. But instead they made the endgame boring and totally tilted to one side.

I only usually slug if I need the my last bbq stack, the survivors are clearly visible, or it's a toxic guy. Otherwise I just hook and look for the hatch later. If the survivor gets out, oh well.

• MAV
    MAV Member Posts: 52

Realistically not an option now that EGC will end you before stealthily open a heavily patrolled door...

Simple solution is spread the doors a bit more what's the point of 2 doors of they are 40 meters from eachother... While in other games they are on opposite side of map

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

The problem is that sometimes your odds are reduced to 0% for both sides due to Exit Gate spawns.

I like the EGC, but the harsh truth is, the RNG aspect of it is getting really old, Peanits. πŸ˜•

Survivors shouldn't have to point at a hook when the Exit Gates spawn on the same wall, and killers shouldn't have to stand in a corner when the Exit Gates spawn light years away. I know I'm exaggerating this just a little bit, but I want both sides to have a around a 25%(Survivor)/75%(Killer) chance.

I just want a fair chance that's not swayed by luck too much, and I already read your mind: You're likely going to say this (Nick sees all).

What if I told you that there's a perfect, 100% flawless, solution that prevents all loop holes you mentioned above? 😁

Did I peeked your interest?

Just do this Peanits, literally the most simple solution in the world β€” the only thing stopping you now is coding everything. There is no way the killer can see both Exit Gates, and it also prevents Exit Gates from spawning too far as well.

Peanits:

I just blew your mind away, didn't I? πŸ˜πŸ€—

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

You overestimate the developers coding skills.

Remember that Tinkerer was changed, because the developers couldn't handle its own spaghetticode in it.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

I believe in @Peanits, there's a lot he does for us that we don't see. πŸ˜πŸ€—

• foochill1
    foochill1 Member Posts: 109

Ive escaped many times with patrolling killers by getting the gate up to right b4 it lights up, dont say its not a realistic option just because you dont do it often.

• S_Panda
    S_Panda Member Posts: 539

Gate opening: 20 seconds (before modifiers)

EGC timer: 2 minutes

amount of gate opening before first light turns on: ~4 seconds

If you can't open the gate in one go the killer's going to guard it so if the 2 minutes EGC timer isn't long enough then you were immersed far too long before trying to even open it. Another option is to create a situation where the killer stops patrolling to prevent an easy door open: turn on that first light and head to the other gate. Set up like you would above if the killer does decide to ignore that first light right away. Or stay at that gate in a safe area far enough and wait for him to give up, you have a partially opened gate and an opening to finish it up without getting downed or possibly hit. Almost like some sort of game where you're tricking the killer's mind...

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

@LordRegal Oh hey, you got it spot on! ^ XD

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

Hehehe, the wording is fairly specific and I really like their reasoning for it so it’s stuck in my head.