I'd like to say a bit about Legion's current state

Okay, so Legion recently got a buff and I decided to come back to the game. My god I missed the speed so much, thank you for re-adding that! However, there may be some ways to make Legion more of a viable killer than a fun killer.

As the ability to chain was removed, I believe Legion should be able to frenzy without a full bar (Half Bar Maybe), as that hit can be cancelled by already being injured, someone with DW jumping in front of your target, or missing.

Or, alternatively allow multiple swings, maybe 1/3 bar drain per swing.

Reduce the distance jumped when vaulting, as you can smack into some walls when vaulting.

Other than these issues, The Legion is helluva lotta fun again. Thank you for bringing back the speed and use of their power.

Comments

• tetsuo
    tetsuo Member Posts: 151

Legion got buffed ?

• KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
    edited December 2019

Yea, in one of the recent updates they got their speed and vaulting speed restored

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Sounds good to me

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609

I think that every missed swing should be a quarter and to use his power you only need 3/4 of the bar

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Sure, their speed was buffed but mending and deep wound were heavily nerfed, so Legion's stall is almost nonexistant now. Overall, I think the changes are a nerf, but glad you're enjoying them.

Also, there's already a post detailing most of your suggested changes and more. Check it out: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/110693/a-couple-of-qol-improvements-that-would-make-legion-a-lot-better-devs-please-read/p1

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

Yep, very much a nerf. I haven't played the game since it happened.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

I love the design, the skin, but their power is weird. Its not lethal, but it has a lot of restrictions. Also, I find only 3/20 addons to be good, the others have no significant impact on my games or they only hurt me.

Examples:

Cold Dirt (Very rare) + Joey's Mix Tape (Rare), two the best addons to decrease the stun after using the powe. That change 4s stun to 3s stun, but survivors still get far far away from me. It doesnt help to get to them before they find another pallet. And the yellow addon reduce it to -0.2s. Is it as quick as the blink of an eye? What for it exist?

Stolen Sketch Book (Rare) + Mural Sketch (uncommon), two the best addons to extend the power time, and they increase it by 2.4s+1.6s= 4s. FF default time is 10s and 4s more can look significant, but no. It didnt help me to hit a survivor that is on the edge of my terror radius. And if survivors are spread all around a map, Im never getting more than 2 hits. Again, the common addon become meaningless, if the other two combined doesnt make a significant impact. + the further survivors are from each other, the less impact mending has.

Susie's Mix Tape (Rare) + Never-Sleep Pills (uncommon), two the best addons to increase the detection range, but why do I need it, if I cant reach other survivors unless they are inside my default terror radius? The common addon become a waste of bp in the bloodweb, too.

Smiley Face Pin (common) - a slugging addon? :D

I didnt care to try Frank's Mix Tape (Very Rare) + Stab Wounds Study (Very Rare), but, if it require to wait 10s+4s stun + being looped to get 2 hits or more, I wouldnt call it good add-ons, too.

The Legion is like a poor version of the Plague.

I dont want to make a new topic, so I would appreciate any tips to improve my Legion playstyle. Right now I use only addons that decrease FF charge time (Scratched Ruler, Etched Ruler), the addon that add broken status (The Legion Pin) and the addon to break pallets (Iridescent Button). You can say that Defaced Smiley Pin is ok (the Mangled status), but a lot of survivors use medkits and it lose its impact. Thats why I exclude it + it doesnt apply to every survivor I hurt with FF. It even more decrease it usefulness.

• Devilshibata
    Devilshibata Member Posts: 15

Ever since his update I've been doing a lot better with him so for me atleast the tweaks are in the right direction

• SpacingLlamas
    SpacingLlamas Member Posts: 602

Duration add-ons to my knowledge no longer stack anymore since the Legion changes (the one before this chapter)

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

You're perfectly right about Plague being a better version of Legion. In fact, they probably could've adapted Plague's power into a Legion rework. But gotta pump out those new DLCs :)

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

No longer losing your power when you miss would be a godsend for me

My computer is a potato powered by a hamster in a wheel so i have to play on pretty low fps

Ad that with that i have the accuracy of a stormtrooper and i miss pretty often

There should be some kind of punishment but losing your entire power and eating a 4 sec stun just for missing once really hurts

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

Yeah they are in a pretty bad place right now

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520

I have similar problems.

I have always around 2, 3 and 6 pm a bunch of lags. Its not dbd fault, but I assume programms on my system searching for updates on that time, or also install them.

As a result, if I play around that time dbd, I often run into a handful of strong lag-spikes.

I assume, I don't need need to mention here, that it is very easy to do a miss hit under this circumstances.

Also I had 1 time a match with micro-lags. I am sure that had nothing to do with my system in the first place. I had in this match every few secs a small lag. That was actual a terrible experience.

• Machy619
    Machy619 Member Posts: 23

I think the speed buff is cool and all and there is a definite difference but the nerd of FF not being a basic attack anymore has screwed over any builds with Save the best and my build with Sloppy butcher. I think the recent changes were really unnecessary but I'm glad that someone else is at least enjoying the changes :)

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926

I feel that FF not being a basic attack makes complete sense in that it's the same treatment every killer got. They wanted to make power attacks and basic attacks separate. Doesn't help Legion but it was only a matter of time.

My problem with it is that they did not do much to compensate. Speed is nice but doesn't help with Legion struggling to get downs. The only reason it is a big deal is because it was one of the few things Legion had synergies with.

Tldr: Legion needs a rework

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

What I dont like the most about FF is that survivors can chill next to a pallet and force The Legion to take a stun and cancel almost all the Legions power. The majority of survivor dont realise how much control they have over the Legion. I think that the dropped on the Legion pallet must be broken, if the Legion must wait 10s to use the power again.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    edited December 2019

Im just going to repeat what I've said before... Sure Legion is faster, however... their buff is an illusion:

That Legion now is better than previous Legion.

The changes to the DW completely overshadow the speed changes. Seperate them, and they don't seem like a fair comparison. Legion being faster should be a good change, especially at the small cost of mending times...

...but mending is Legion's only stalling mechanism on the basekit. Sure, 20 seconds mending (maximum with both blades pre change) may have been a bit much, but those addons together abandon the utility of others, like the Sketchbook's extra range or the Iri button's information + utility. It sacrifices a better Legion for a gimmick. And this gimmick is what the Dev's used to justify this first change. That and they wanted to buff BT. Two weak reasons by themselves.

The second DW change is a bit more... reactionary... I'm of course referring to the DW timer not going down while running change. This is due to them not testing Nemesis or BOP with Legion. I thought it would be a wonderful addition. It would punish survivors for doing two things:

1. Pallet stunning a frenzied Legion. This is already a bad idea since legion's stun from Frenzy is longer than a pallet stun. Nemesis just punishes them further. They fully deserve that countdown. Heck, right now, DW is worse than Pig's RBTs.
    2. Drawing out a chase with a Legion. It punishes survivors for giving Legion the Frenzy hit on them, then continuing to be chased for a long period of time... even though it's disadvantageous for them to wait out the timer. I get this isn't fun, but survivors keep wanting Legion Nerfed, even though they are terrible. Unfortunately, they need something to be better, and since you survivor mains all still want basekit to be bad, then Legion should get these perks as compensation. However, this is also a shadow buff to BT, since now their timer goes on forever if they keep running...

I know my opinion on these changes are... controversial... but I as a R1 P3 Legion know exactly how limited Legion is, and that survivor mains want to keep them that way.

Then you put these changes in context to higher ranks. The shorter mending time allows survivors to be on gens for longer, meaning more pressure for the Legion player, and it causing more problems for them in the long run.

I didn't mention the changes to on hit perks on Legion, but they're mainly small in scope. It means you can keep stacks if you Frenzy the Obsession with STBFL, but it was never the perfect perk for them anyway. Sure, you can't apply Third Seal or Sloppy on Frenzy hit, but you can still apply it with the second hit. It just means it takes slightly more time.... and makes the button changes relevant.

The button changes were meh to begin with. Blindness for Legion is worthless. Hemorrhage on Legion is pointless since blood (like scratches) is removed from the map when they frenzy, and Broken has such a small impact that you'd be better with other addons.

Iri Button is still the best addon, with either ruler or Sketchbook addons. They buffed the Mischief list, but it so small a buff it doesn't matter. Same with Sketchbook but Sketchbook was good before. IDK why they nerfed Mural sketch, it's not a good addon to begin with...

Overall... Legion got hit hard because of beHavior's poor planning with the Oblivious perks.

TL:DR: The buffs to Legion's speed and addons are completely overshadowed by the DW changes and changes to his Frenzy hit categorization.

The speed buff is superficial. The DW timer changes are absolutely nerfs. Its forcing me to bring one blade addon to get the same amount of pressure that old Legion used to...