New Hex Idea

Options
GeneralSpudmuffin
GeneralSpudmuffin Member Posts: 311
edited December 2019 in Creations

Hex: Static Cling

-every 60/40/20 seconds, the next generator you damage will become Charged. A charged generator regresses 10% faster for 45 seconds.

-If a survivor interacts with it during this time, it will explode like a failed skill check, and the survivor will become Charged. Their repair speed is reduced by 15% for 45 seconds.

-if a Charged survivor interacts with another survivor, they must complete a tremendously difficult skill check. If they fail, all survivors involved will be effected based on their current health state:

Healthy-> oblivious- 15/20/30 sec.

Injured-> broken- 15/20/30 sec.

Dying-> heal/recovery speed reduced 10/20/30%

(Charged gens will emit red sparks every few seconds)

Still a work in progress, feel free to share your opinions

Post edited by GeneralSpudmuffin on

Comments

• WhTe_Tygre_DBD
    WhTe_Tygre_DBD Member Posts: 295
    Options

Instead of 45 seconds, it should be 1-1.5 mins as they have to find another gen

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238
    Options

Weird Hex but ok

In all seriousness, I wouldn't want some survivor to come heal me just to find out he's a Charged potato and I end up in deep wounds (or back to 0 after nearly recovering myself).

Let's see if I can rework this...

Hex: Static Cling

A Hex that interferes with Generator progress.

Generators regress 6/8/10% faster.

When a Survivor begins repairs on a regressing Generator, that Generator will explode (there is no regression penalty) and the Survivor becomes Charged.

Charged Survivors can no longer hit Good Skill Checks and they cannot heal, mend, or wake up other Survivors. Charged Survivors can interact with another Survivor to cause that Survivor to scream and remove the Charged Status Effect.

Survivors who scream due to this effect are woken up.

I tried to make it a little less complicated while keeping it close to the original idea. I also made it affect all regressing generators and have no cooldown (it is a Hex, after all).

• GeneralSpudmuffin
    Options

Okay, this looks a bit better... But I think that the Charged effect should only effect one or two gens, just to make it a little less devastating.

I do like the bit about waking up survivors, nice touch. Though, maybe it doesn't fully wake them, maybe putting them to 50%.

• GeneralSpudmuffin
    Options

Update:

-Changed effects of Charged survivor interaction

-cooldown of skill shortened

-gen regression debuff increased

• GeneralSpudmuffin
    Options

Update:

-cooldown shortened. That's pretty much it.

If you have any ideas on how to improve it more, I'd be glad to hear them!

• GeneralSpudmuffin
    Options

Fair enough... Mind if I adopt it, then? In case I ever put this perk to use on a killer concept...