Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

what are my options, community?

Options

so i live in Russia. and as many other people in different countries have been facing an extremely frequent Host Unreachable error since Stranger Things chapter. it was disgustingly often interfering in gaming experience and wasting a lot of time so i was forced to use VPN which fully eliminated my ability to stream the game or even play killer normally because of a very unstable connection.

after recent "hotfix" while using same VPN servers i'd get much more rubberbanding around map plus frequent "rank update" errors that would kick me out of a match.

the amount of times i bitched on twitter, here, on reddit, several support tickets i submitted didn't get me anywhere further "we are sorry you have problems, we work on an issue, hope to fix next patch". been 3 months of same answers. still nothing solved but surprisingly(not) enough it got worse. i can't just wait out Host Unreachable now because instead of error message the game just gives me infinite loading screen that i am forced to kill in task manager. and from what i see most people that had HU error now also have infinite loading screens.

so yeah, what are my options? keep taking it up my arse? can i even sue the company? can i do anything but take it up my arse? even VPN doesn't work for me anymore, i legit can't play the game anymore. i've missed out on getting many "event" items, i've wasted huge amount of time waiting out HU error, i can't play with friends because they either have to wait for my game to finally fukin respond or deal with the fact i'm going to be kind of useless because i am rubberbanding everywhere. i literally can't stand it. i want to play my favourite game, i want to stream it too. this is just so frustrating and annoying. wish i could just play something else but it's all boring to me and i don't think i have enough emotional capacity to get involved into other games.

before the error i already spent over 3k hours in this game, have all dlcs, many paid cosmetics. i wish i could just turn back time and never buy the game on the first place. it literally makes me very upset.

Best Answer

Answers

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671
    Options

Do you have problems with other games?

What do you mean waiting for your game to respond? Like it literally stops responding? Bc DBD for whatever reason, takes a huge toll and some hardware specs.

And asking if you can sue is a really wild thing to ask. The answer is more than likely(almost 1000% sure) no.

Host Unreachable sounds like either a Data center issue or a geographical issue towards the data center and your pc/VPN host connection. VPNs and playing games are not recommended because of the traffic and distance between you, the vpn server, and the server you're connecting to.

• niemniemnieeem
    niemniemnieeem Member Posts: 77
    Options

i don't have problems with any other game. literally everything connects fine and well.

waiting for my game to respond on my pleads to finally work. aka before last patch for Host Unreachable error to finally appear and kick me back to character select. my pc is fine.

obviously i'm being dramatic with suing. i'm just very pissed cause it's been too long and bhvr not being decent to me and other people affected.

Host Unreachable error has occurred in many regions and on different platforms after Stranger Things chapter. most regions affected - Russia and Mid East. but there are people on console in NA region and Belgium. people on PC in Spain, South America, Ukraine, Lithuania. all having same issue since ST chapter. we all use different providers, different platforms and machines, live in different regions. the fact that people on console are affected means it's not even dedicated servers to blame.

• niemniemnieeem
    niemniemnieeem Member Posts: 77
    Options

thank you for kind words. it's just so very frustrating to not be able to stream or join friends playing or even just have fun as killer. i haven't even had a chance to try out Oni even though i got dlc the hour it dropped.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited December 2019
    Options

Yes I can see why that's very frustrating for you.

Maybe Peanits can respond with an update to your situation... but besides that, you'll just have to wait for a fix I'm afraid, despite it appearing to be a long time from now.

I'm sure they're trying to fix this issue, so we'll just have to wait and see.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,532
    Options

I know you've had various discussions with one of our Moderators here, and I'm afraid that we are unable to help you on the forum about this issue - it's been explained to you what the issue is and there's further information in this post : https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/ru/discussion/108667

This discussion has been closed.