Why is window tech a thing?

NullSp3c
NullSp3c Member Posts: 765
edited December 2019 in General Discussions

So a friend of mine that is a survivor main asked me to go to a custom game to try window tech.

Even tho it didnt work (because he was practising) many people can use this "juke" really well to make the killer lose all the advantage he had on you, even tho it is easily counterable.

And this kept me thinking...

Isn't this a "juke" based on a flaw of the game? This is dependant on the fact that the killer becomes immaterial in the middle of the vault animation. It seems to me, abusing a flawed game mechanic and nothing more than that. Just to clarify: feel free to use it as it is a devs fault for making it like it is and not youra for using it, im not saying "screw people who use it".

I know it takes practice, but it shouldnt exist, like the poor FoV that killers have.

Another thing that bothers me is the hook tech.

Why the hell can a survivor put himself behind a hooked person and the killer not?

And why did they remove the "wall smacking" when smacking someone on the hook? Auto aim also sucks so it doesnt help on the matter.

EDIT: TLDR; Window tech shouldn't exist even tho it is easily counterable by hearing the survivor or huggign the wall. It's a game flaw. Hook tech shouldn't exist.

My question is: Do you think that window tech is a good game mechanic or is it based on a flaw of the killer's mechanics?

Share your thoughts.

Post edited by NullSp3c on

Comments