The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Please Remove Ping Icon from game

All it does is add More dodgers to Que times.
I have played on ping of well over 500 before and there is no noticeable difference in game play ...
Also fix Your Que algorithm, This whole 30 minute Que for killer is really Destroying this game for me.

If I am waiting longer than 5 minutes in a Que you need to fix how this is handled

Comments

• Shadopaw
    Shadopaw Member Posts: 34

I play from South Africa and on PC. My internet connection is Fine.
    As i have Fiber with minimum 50Mb up and Download speeds. .

• Killigma
    Killigma Member Posts: 372

@Shadopaw said:
    I play from South Africa and on PC. My internet connection is Fine.
    As i have Fiber with minimum 50Mb up and Download speeds. .

That is all good and well, but if you do not have many people locally playing, you will be connecting to people further away, meaning that your connection will be worse due to latency. If this is the case it is a geographical issue, not the games.

• Killigma
    Killigma Member Posts: 372

@Orion said:
    I like the ping indicator. Makes it so I don't accidentally start playing with someone in a different hemisphere.

I have had a few Survivors that have clearly been living on the moon with some of the lag I have seen.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Shadopaw said:
    I have played on ping of well over 500 before and there is no noticeable difference in game play ...
    Also fix Your Que algorithm, This whole 30 minute Que for killer is really Destroying this game for me.

If I am waiting longer than 5 minutes in a Que you need to fix how this is handled

Remove ping and it will increase the DC rate by 300%. I would stop playing the game because even in the current state, there are Dcs everygame basically

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Master said:

@Shadopaw said:

Remove ping and it will increase the DC rate by 300%. I would stop playing the game because even in the current state, there are Dcs everygame basically

This since last night I had a game where 1 survivor was literally skipping across the screen at times. The killer and the rest of us kept getting rubber banded back and forth for a good 10 minutes. It took the game that long because it was pretty much impossible to do anything normally for ether side.

When the Meg got hooked and couldn't run anywhere anymore the game ran smoothly, we unhooked her and it was horrible again. I've played against killers from Korea and China but their ping has been fine because of time game played. But at other times I've had games where one side or the other has people playing from Saturn.

• Master

@powerbats said:

@Master said:

@Shadopaw said:

This since last night I had a game where 1 survivor was literally skipping across the screen at times. The killer and the rest of us kept getting rubber banded back and forth for a good 10 minutes. It took the game that long because it was pretty much impossible to do anything normally for ether side.

When the Meg got hooked and couldn't run anywhere anymore the game ran smoothly, we unhooked her and it was horrible again. I've played against killers from Korea and China but their ping has been fine because of time game played. But at other times I've had games where one side or the other has people playing from Saturn.

No need to exaggerate, but assuming that there would be a glasfibre connection to the moon, then a 1k ping would be realistic. Its actually quite funny when you think about that :wink:

• powerbats

@Master said:

No need to exaggerate, but assuming that there would be a glasfibre connection to the moon, then a 1k ping would be realistic. Its actually quite funny when you think about that :wink:

Ok that was a little over the top but the point is still true that when someone is basically skipping across the screen it's bad fro everyone. I had about 15 lobbies including several in a row where I had 600+ ping upon connecting to killers lobby. As a killer I had a few that got kicked due to close to 1k ping by the system itself.

• Succubuzz
    Succubuzz Member Posts: 18
    edited August 2018

@Shadopaw said:

please, removing the ping indicator would change exactly nothing, people would just go back to using MLGA, and you would still get dodged just as much, maybe even more, since MLGA is much more precise.

• Master

@Succubuzz said:

@Shadopaw said:

please, removing the ping indicator would change exactly nothing, people would just go back to using MLGA, and you would still get dodged just as much, maybe even more, since MLGA is much more precise.

I doubt that many people would use a third party program which can get you banned. If you lagg too hard igname, they will simply Dc because this isnt punished for some reason :wink:

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    edited August 2018
    Master said:

@Succubuzz said:

@Shadopaw said:

I doubt that many people would use a third party program which can get you banned. If you lagg too hard igname, they will simply Dc because this isnt punished for some reason :wink:

MLGA isn’t bannable.
    It used to be a whitelisted software which means the devs didn’t give a damn whether you used it or not - hell they even encouraged it, I think - but when they discovered that you could block players and not play with them, they took it off the whitelist.
    However, they did not blacklist MLGA.
    Therefore it’s in the grey - they don’t condone or condemn the usage of MLGA, but it’s best if we avoid discussing it as it could fall under the ‘hacks or third party software’ rule, depending on what the forum staff think.
  • Shadopaw
    Shadopaw Member Posts: 34

Goign to be honest an use League of Legends as an Example...
    Ping Icons used to lead to a lot Trolling in games.
    IT was removed and no one cared either way but the Ping Trolls stopped. .

Honestly the only time you are even Humanly possibly going to notice ping is when it is above the 500 threshold.
    which is 500 milliseconds...
    Ping does not often indicate the The stability or Quality of the conection as often as not it simply defines how far you are away from your host

• mcallisterbritt
    mcallisterbritt Member Posts: 49
    Yeah removed the ping indicator then removed the Leave Game bottom when you are in the game fix it where if you when to leave just let the killer, kill you then you will leave the game easy as that....
  • Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Shadopaw said:

Goign to be honest an use League of Legends as an Example...
    Ping Icons used to lead to a lot Trolling in games.
    IT was removed and no one cared either way but the Ping Trolls stopped. .

Honestly the only time you are even Humanly possibly going to notice ping is when it is above the 500 threshold.
    which is 500 milliseconds...
    Ping does not often indicate the The stability or Quality of the conection as often as not it simply defines how far you are away from your host

That's a completely different game where your ping to the server is the same connection as everyone elses, if you lag, they dont. Dbd  is different, if the killer lags, we all lag. 

I played league of legends for a VERY long time and dont know what this ping trolling you're talking about even is. Wed talk ######### to people who took days to load, or farm them if they go afk under a tower, but it's one person, not the entire game. 

Hiding the ping would just make people leave in game, screwing the remaining survivors to finish the work instead of waiting for a new lobby. 

And not notice unless its above 500? I'm sorry you're used to ######### connections my friend. 200 is about my max. And that's on games that dont require quick moment to moment movements or reactions. Even at 150 you can see rubber banding when animations start, you get unhooked, they swing and hit you from 20 feet away, etc. Just because people arent skipping 10 ft intervals backwards doesnt mean it isnt noticeable.
  • Whispers23
    Whispers23 Member Posts: 111

No keep it please. Not fun playing while lag all over the place.

• MysterTal
    MysterTal Member Posts: 157

@Shadopaw said:

No. No, no, no, no, no, no.

it's a good thing that there's ping indicators in this game.

In fact, we didn't use to have them - they're relatively new. A couple of years ago we didn't have the region lock and the ping indicators and people were constantly complaining about getting into a match against people from the other side of the moon with such insanely horrible ping that either ruined everyone's experience or actually made people lose connection.

Ping indicators need to stay.

• powerbats

The ping indicators are fine and you can't compare the ping indicators in the lobby with the ping troll spam in League since they're completely different.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

@Shadopaw what an absolutely silly idea, no offense. Anything above 200 is unplayable and even 150-200 is unstable enough. If someone with ping that high does not leave my lobby, I'll just host a new game. Not worth the frustration.

I kinda wish I could play with Australians or Texans or whatever, but it's just not possible.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

@Shadopaw said:

There's no noticeable difference in game play because you don't know what good internet is.
    Nah, we're not going to make it easier for you to exploit your bad internet connection when you host.

• Okayado
    Okayado Member Posts: 12

How about no? For people wanting to hop on and play casually, that ping meter is a good way to tell whether or not a particular match will be a waste of their time.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

and what if i dont want to play with survivors who keep teleporting around / the survivors dont want to teleport around?
    this was a very needed QoL update and im more than happy that it is in the game.

PS: the lobby waiting time has been fixed by now.