DbD mobile has a better team than the main game

DwightOP
DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

DbD mobile:

- u can earn auric cells by just login in daily

- not only are they doing g double bp events but also double XP events. We NEVER had a double XP event

- Free cosmetics for the winter (these frostbite cosmetics for Claudette, Dwight, Trapper and Hillbilly), why we not aswell?

- Some kind of deaf support for survivors having a heart indicating the heartbeat/terrorradius.

- Solo survivors can see each others loadout pre lobby

Why is the main game not adapting some of the good ideas from the dbd mobile team? This is so sad, seriously.

Comments

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

That is cause dbd mobile, if I am correct, is free I think. Meaning they will reward different things for being a free game

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

We've received heaps of free cosmetics over the years, especially when the game was just starting out. Also, I believe the Winter Chill collection is supposed to be a reward for Beta testers. Be glad we didn't get anything like that, or people would be complaining about exclusivity and platform favouritism even more than they already are.

While the terror radius indicator could be useful for deaf players, it's not meant as deaf support. It's meant to compensate for the fact that it's a mobile game, meaning that players may often be playing in areas where it's not possible for them to play close attention to ingame sounds.

Being able to see other survivors' loadout in the lobby would be nice, but I'm guessing that comes down to just different decisions made by different dev teams. Perhaps Mobile doesn't have the same problems with lobby dodging and matchmaking that DBD has.

As for cells and XP, my guess would be that there are specific design-related reasons for that, but having not played the game myself I don't know for sure what those reasons would be.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

I just want the heartbeat thing so I can play the game with music

• DwightOP

That would be great, but the most benefit would be for deaf people

• DwightOP

"it's not meant as deaf support"

Who care what its meant for? It obviously will work as deaf support, doesn't matter what it was planned for at the start. Therefore they should implement it to give deaf players a little bit of support.

• Fibijean

It matters because you were using it to make the case that the mobile devs are "better" (more competent, or more considerate of their players) than the DBD devs. In the case of "deaf support", there was a practical reason for the inclusion of that feature which had only to do with the platform on which the game is based.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

Totally agree. You also missed that you can also change the fps cap and the brightness.

@Fibijean about your comment, don't just defend devs on everything of this post, because if the main dbd did these same things, it would just end even better. Also, the winter chill is not really meant for beta testers, the game was suposed to be released way before of the cosmetics.

• DwightOP

Not using sound is kinda like being deaf in the game.

• Freddy_chan
    Freddy_chan Member Posts: 31

Im just wondering why we didnt even get double bp for christmas xD, i mean, ok i dont really care about exp, but bp is something i could use, but well, taking care of mobile players is more important than fixing bugs on other platforms, let alone giving some xmas gifts, heh, im nit forgetting how nurse was getting stuck on almost every and anything on the ground in temple of wrath or whatever it was called, nightmare map, impossible to win as a killer until you tunnel, slug or have ruin

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984

Some of these features sound pretty neat. I especially like the idea about adding a status effect indicating you're within TR. That will definitely help not only people with hearing problems, but others as well.

Also, having double exp during BP events would be really neat! I have most of my characters maxed out, so don't really care about BPs, but it would be amazing to be able to farm double exp - i.e. 2x faster to get shards. There are so many cosmetics I want to get with shards

• Fibijean

I wasn't just mindlessly defending the devs, I even said I didn't know why some of these ideas aren't part of the main game. I was just trying to give a constructive response to the question in the OP, "Why is the main game not adapting some of the good ideas from the dbd mobile team?"

• Fibijean

That's true... but I'm not sure what your point is. There are portability-related reasons not to use sound on mobile, but who would voluntarily play a game on PC or console without sound?

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Can you imagine being able to see your teammates' loadouts in lobby? Would be a game-changer for sure..

Btw I've found the same true of other games. Like PUBG mobile got way more features and better support than PC ever did. Perhaps there are different teams developing different platforms.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

Someone deaf or someone who wants to play with music