Are people really enyoing playing killer at higher ranks ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,130
    Options

I'm fine as long as I'm not playing lobby sim.

• tak47888
    tak47888 Member Posts: 125
    Options

Sometimes yes, most of the times: NO.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

Some maps are impossible to enjoy playing on. I regularly have to bring map offerings at red ranks just to enjoy myself.

• Brookster
    Brookster Member Posts: 7
    Options

I love how they say the game is balanced with either 2ks every round or split evenly between 4ks and 0ks and so on when even killers are saying they get 4ks nearly all of the time like lmaooo

• Zamblot
    Zamblot Member Posts: 270
    Options

It's the same with survivor. The higher your rank the worse the game gets as you go down and get tunneled or camped for the rest of the game. I much prefer hovering around rank 7 where the game isn't too stressful. Whenever I get too high now I just get frustrated and take a break haha

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    Options

I like going up against survivors who are decent and know what they are doing. I don't like hunting survivors who do not - feels like clubbing baby seals to death. Rank does not seem to matter though you run into better loopers. Usually there's only one though, but if all are good at looping (and I cannot blame them for getting good at it, the game demands it) then I'll just meme that game. In any case I try to lose with dignity and won't face camp or tunnel (on purpose) - just accept that some games RNG is totally against me.

What I won't do it go into a game and say 'I'm getting a 4k no matter what' - that just makes me perform badly. I just let things happen.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,549
    edited December 2019
    Options

yeah this ^

They balance towards the casual mid rank that isn't that good which causes very bad balancing in red ranks. They keep convoluting the rank system to try and get worse survivors into the red ranks in order to muddy the imbalances there so that it won't be as noticeable and then they can post kill rate stats that don't reflect the imbalances.

Separate ranked and casual mode is my opinion of the best solution still as well.

• jasonxjia
    jasonxjia Member Posts: 1
    Options

Killer at Red ranks are tough without any doubts, but dont stop playing because its tough. Yeah its bit survivor side, gen rush etc. But thats not the reason to stop playing.

I like that they are implementing, different ranks for different killers.

• Samwise444
    Samwise444 Member Posts: 195
    Options

I play both sides and absolutely love playing in red ranks for both. Since this is a killer post, I love the challenge that killer brings. It really makes me think how I am going into the game and how I will stop them from succeeding. I believe it pushes me to be my best. Plus, I kinda liked getting tricked and games lasting longer. It feels so boring for me to just 4k in 3 to 4 minutes and then call it a game. I want the games that last, the back and forth, the utilization of my killer power to it's greatest extent. I get that it can be tough, but it gives me such a rush. Plus, even then, I still get through without much difficulty. I think that survivors in red ranks have quite a huge variability. Some are really really good, and some aren't. There is the same thing with killers, but I think it is less apparent.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

Not me

• H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3
    H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3 Member Posts: 188
    Options

i don’t know how I handle it either. But Im okay with getting a 2k as I haven’t gotten anything less than that lately

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

It’s not very fun. I sound like I have a mental issue when I’m playing sometimes. Kids have learned a lot of new words like this.

• YumiiXO
    YumiiXO Member Posts: 97
    Options

I mean this isn't about gen-rushing but it exists. I could care less how fast they do them sometimes I just want to have fun with my favorite killer. I actually dropped my old build on spirit which I can't remember it had ruin in it I'm sure but I started bringing thrilling tremors because I thought it was a cool perk XD

• Schinsly
    Schinsly Member Posts: 176
    Options

I used to but now i just play nurse and win lol

• YumiiXO
    YumiiXO Member Posts: 97
    Options

just summed up my last killer game I had a couple days ago. had a kate not encounter me all game while just sitting on gens and being immersive but as soon as she 3 gens herself and I found her hiding she was downed in 10 secs. This is why I don't like killer mostly the survivor immersion part. I main survivor and I find people who play like it so annoying and it's infuriating having someone like that on your team.

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    Options

When I play killer at red ranks I will generally do so for about two days, only playing DBD.

After that I basically find another game to play that isn't frustrating and terrible as a killer at red ranks and realize that I didn't have fun at all.

• BillyMain77
    BillyMain77 Member Posts: 415
    Options

Im rank 1 killer on xbox and due to the current MMR all im facing is rank 20 new players. Cant even remember last time i played vs 4 red rank survivors.

• skarsguts
    skarsguts Member Posts: 179
    Options

They must be. They seem happy when they're tunneling off hook, facecamping, and extending the match to 25 minutes because their ego would be hurt if a player got hatch. (In memory of the Yui that disconnected last night to give me hatch because Oni was slugging for it. I'll never forget her.)

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,542
    Options

Yes. I have fun. I win most games. I can't remember the last time I had all 4 escape.

Usually I 3 or 4 k. I typically don't slug for the 4k or else I'd have even more of them. And truthfully, though I consider myself a good killer, I still miss a lot of attacks and make mistakes. Red rank killer games are challenging, but not nearly as difficult as people claim they are.

• Machy619
    Machy619 Member Posts: 23
    Options

Nope. I absolutely despise having to sweat my ass off every match because I'm always up against a sweaty swf. Makes the game complete torture and makes every victory bitter sweet

• Reaver_Raziel
    Reaver_Raziel Member Posts: 400
    Options

Depends on the game, mostly I enjoy it. Once in a while I get the dickhead swf that just toy with me, or the insane solo player that got a lucky tile set up where I just gotta give up on them if I want a chance to get anything done. But like 80-90% of the time I enjoy my games whatever the outcome. I think most people gotta change their expectations from their games, and accept that maybe they need to practice more because they made a ton of mistakes themselves.

With that said.....when all 4 survivors just magically spawn on 4 different gens. I mean those games are basically lost from the get go, especially on a larger map. And those games do still happen far too often. Thats personally my definition of gen rushing. If all 4 survivors just crush a single gen before I even find them, is something I have only seen in videos but never experienced myself.

Tl;Dr yeah in general I have a lot more fun matches than not. Its just that the bad matches are ######### awful when they do happen, but you get over it after a while and learn to ignore those/learn from those.

• Azgard12
    Azgard12 Member Posts: 335
    Options

This is why I've started playing survivor more. At least as my preferred killers, when I'm in yellow/green I rank up too quickly and then hate playing in red, where I get stomped to the point it isn't fun. But maybe the MMR changes will help this.