How about...

Options
RSB
RSB Member Posts: 2,258

Deleting pallet looping and bloodlust?

So killers won't need to deal with braindead exploit, and survivors will have one less thing to whine about?

Comments

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

The only juking avaible is Dance With Me. Maybe Quick & Quiet but i doubt that's called more of a juke. MAYBE Urban Evasion with Iron Will if killer is stupid ;d

• Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568
    Options
    Milo said:

The only juking avaible is Dance With Me. Maybe Quick & Quiet but i doubt that's called more of a juke. MAYBE Urban Evasion with Iron Will if killer is stupid ;d

People could juke before Kate came out, you know. Q&Q, Lithe, UE, IW, Balanced Landing, and Lightweight have all been in the game since Spark of Madness or earlier.

Lithe over a vault, hide behind a rock with UE. Saturate the scratch marks, then Q&Q into a locker or through a window. Hit with a pallet, then drop down a level with Balanced and Lightweight. Let the killer hit you, then vault a window and UE away with IW.

You don't even need any of those to saturate an area with scratch marks, hide in a corner until the killer passes you, then run the other way. IW if you're injured, but even then it depends more on the map and your clothes.

The tools are there, but IMO people don't really TRY to juke.
  • slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    Options
    Funny I've only ever seen killers “whining“ as you put it, about pallets. I have never seen a post or several about bloodlust until the Devs mentioned the rework sometime in the far far future. 🤷‍♀️
  • Global
    Global Member Posts: 770
    Options

@Grimzy said:

@RSB said:

@Chi said:
    How do you suggest survivors survive?

Hmm, maybe stealth/juking, instead of pure retardness (pallet looping), and complaining how hard is it to pallet loop nowadays?

Orrr..maybe you can get better at being a killer and catch them before they pallet loop your butt?

Cant catch someone who can take 2 hits and gets a speed boost after the first hit now can ya especially when there are pallets every were on the map huh?

• JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 611
    Options
    Well. Looping is no problem. After all the survivor has been found and intends to survive, and so they shall run as much as they can. I've tried employing tactics like hiding after dropping a pallet instead of continuing to run but to varying success. Though it mostly works with P3 Claudette.

Pallet looping is something I don't really like, but I still do it because it allows me to waste time for the others to repair. If the survivor knows that they have enough distance from the killer to loop they shall loop. If they see the only form of defence and guaranteed time waster in front of them they shall go for it. I don't see the concept of looping as a problem, especially if certain perks can be used to increase the effectiveness of these loops, but pallets are such a powerful tool. If they made more tools that aided in losing the chase then perhaps pallets wouldn't be so relied upon to waste the killers time.
  • RSB
    Options

@Milo said:

I could juke killers before Dance With Me, now it is even more easy. Use DWM, Lithe, UE and IW, this is, in my opinion, the best pekr set for stealth/juking player. These days survivors almost only loop, do not even know how to be stealthy and juke, and they see it as their only "way to survive", which is literal bullshit. If I, mediocre at best survivor, can juke/stealth killer to the point, he sometimes does not see me entire game, and I still manage to do most of the gens alone, why others can't?

• shadowsfall42
    shadowsfall42 Member Posts: 201
    Options
    I think that looping is mostly fine, but long loops like building loops, the cow tree loops etc etc need to go. Bamboozle is a bandaid fix and doesn't address the real issue. Either make it so the windows on these loops close off after one vault or add a door somewhere near the windows to shut that stuff down. The small little loops though? They're fine.

I have fallen in love with Q&Q and Lithe (Lithe is better than SB, fite me) and since I tried dance with me, the three perks are staple picks for me. Personally looping is something I only use to survive until I can get somewhere I can adequately juke. And even before I used Q&Q, Lithe, DWM I was able to juke killers. Sometimes though, juking just don't work. So looping is all that's left. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@HP_Refill said:
    Pallet looping is no longer an exploit. Devs are constantly working around it. 

Yeah lets call it acceptable exploit that turned somehow into a feature and now is considered core game mechanic by most survivors

For me, someone who prefered the gameplay before looping, its just sad what this game has turned into

• Master
    Options

@Peanits said:

@Grimzy said:

@RSB said:

@Chi said:

Hmm, maybe stealth/juking, instead of pure retardness (pallet looping), and complaining how hard is it to pallet loop nowadays?

Orrr..maybe you can get better at being a killer and catch them before they pallet loop your butt?

Now I'm going to stay as objective as possible here, but how do you suppose the average killer (not hillbilly or something with instant downs) catch somebody before they can get to a pallet? Even if you get a surprise attack on someone, with the speed boost they get from being hit, they'll have enough time to get to a pallet and they'll require a second hit to down them.

If you could just decide to kill someone before they can even get to a pallet, that sounds like a miserable time and I wouldn't be interested in playing that side.

Back on topic though, I believe that's the intent, sorta'. Not pallet looping specifically, because pallet looping already hard counters bloodlust (breaking one pallet resets it). But eventually get rid of the longer loops where it may be necessary and then get rid of bloodlust.

I'd like it, frankly. It's not the most solid mechanic in its current state. If you ever actually need BL3 to catch someone, we're talking about 45 seconds of wasting your time running around just for one hit. More often than not when I see it come into play, it's because someone's outsmarting the killer and running tiles the right way (and the killer isn't forcing them to switch directions and run it the slower way), or using LOS blockers to mindgame and switch directions. When it goes off in those situations, it just feels like a participation award, like the game is giving them a free hit because they couldn't catch them otherwise.

Personally I'd love to see something that actually punishes running around pallets over and over, rather than something that punishes you for not using pallets.

Now I am curious.
    Do you have any insight knowledge that they will actually rework the maps?
    Because the devs actions lately show no intent doing so.

At the moment it looks more like looping will become even easier with improved pallet droping while BL is nerfed heavily at the same time. They didnt even mention anything about reworking maps in the Q&A, did they just forgot about it and its an actual part of the patch?

And I still believe that a competent survivor can easily loop you for more than 45 sec (assuming you play a loopable killer)

• RSB
    Options

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

So killers won't need to deal with braindead exploit, and survivors will have one less thing to whine about?

Aren't you tired of this useless threads you make without even thinking what goes through this little head of yours?

Aren't you tired of having easy survboi games, while everything in the game is against the killers? You get rid of BL, killers get rid of looping, but this is not okay for you, it would be fair only if the killer were nerfed, huh?

Get rid of BL?If you are a good killer you don't need BL in the first place to land a hit, i don't care about BL changes whatsoever
    And then, you're saying that survivors shouldn't use everything at hand to try to 'defend' themselves, instead the should run in a straight line until you down 'em, right?

Or maybe stop putting your filthy words in my mouth, read what I said, and stop being a small, 12 year old, survboi strawman? Have you ever tried to juke or stealth? Of course not, because "it is not fun, and looping is the only way to defend, because what? RUNNING IN STRAIGHT LINE, THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT? EASY 4KS?! BREAK THE PALLET".

• RSB
    Options

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

Aren't you tired of this useless threads you make without even thinking what goes through this little head of yours?

Aren't you tired of having easy survboi games, while everything in the game is against the killers? You get rid of BL, killers get rid of looping, but this is not okay for you, it would be fair only if the killer were nerfed, huh?

Get rid of BL?If you are a good killer you don't need BL in the first place to land a hit, i don't care about BL changes whatsoever
    And then, you're saying that survivors shouldn't use everything at hand to try to 'defend' themselves, instead the should run in a straight line until you down 'em, right?

Or maybe stop putting your filthy words in my mouth, read what I said, and stop being a small, 12 year old, survboi strawman? Have you ever tried to juke or stealth? Of course not, because "it is not fun, and looping is the only way to defend, because what? RUNNING IN STRAIGHT LINE, THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT? EASY 4KS?! BREAK THE PALLET".

You should calm down, just like juking and stealth, the so called 'pallet looping' you are so afraid of, it's still an option for the survivor to use if he wants to, and if you can't catch the said survivor you should practice more and stop coming here with your 'nerf this and that' threads, it's that ok with you?

Straw man again, aren;t you tired of it? Why are you so afraid of removing your little exploit? I guess you won't survive without it in this game.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Options

@RSB said:

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

You should calm down, just like juking and stealth, the so called 'pallet looping' you are so afraid of, it's still an option for the survivor to use if he wants to, and if you can't catch the said survivor you should practice more and stop coming here with your 'nerf this and that' threads, it's that ok with you?

Straw man again, aren;t you tired of it? Why are you so afraid of removing your little exploit? I guess you won't survive without it in this game.

Please if you are on PC and see me tunnel me and facecamp me, i don't want to spend more than 5 minutes in a match with salty killers like you.

• fakelove
    fakelove Member Posts: 82
    Options

And here kids, you can see why our community is considered top notch in the toxicity department

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options

The secret to beating pallets is to force them. When you respect pallets or repeatedly change directions to try to "mindgame" survivors into running towards you, you are wasting time. Just charge straight at them and take sharp turns, make sure to study props especially on Coldwind to avoid getting caught on the front of a wagon or something. Just relentlessly move forward and they will be forced to drop the pallet. When this happens just brake it. Done well this only takes 15 - 25 seconds. If it's a pallet gym try a moonwalk, it might just work.

If you're Huntress try to attack them over the loop with hatchets. If you're Wraith equip Enduring and just run straight at them, even cloaked. Supposedly an Enduring stun on Wraith is faster than an uncloak. Overall just force them to keep burning through pallets. Eventually, you'll catch them or they'll run out of pallets and be vulnerable (Unless they're on Ironworks of Misery or Torment Creek, on those maps you're pretty much screwed anyway.)

• RSB
    Options

@Vietfox said:

@RSB said:

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

Please if you are on PC and see me tunnel me and facecamp me, i don't want to spend more than 5 minutes in a match with salty killers like you.

Facecamping was removed when Freddy came out, sorry to destroy your marvelous "argument".

• Vietfox
    Options

@RSB said:

@Vietfox said:

@RSB said:

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

Facecamping was removed when Freddy came out, sorry to destroy your marvelous "argument".

When i say facecamping i mean stare at me really close, not being unable to be rescued, sorry for that comeback.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@RSB said:

Have you actually looked at your posts, you insult, deflect, Straw Man, Red Herring etc anytime anyone calls you out. Perhaps the problem isn't with the game but your skills as a killer. IF you can't debate without insulting and all the above then obviously the problem isn't with the game at all.

You're no different then a certain other poster who always says the exact same thing and always responds the exact same way when challenged.

• RSB
    Options

@powerbats said:

@RSB said:

Have you actually looked at your posts, you insult, deflect, Straw Man, Red Herring etc anytime anyone calls you out. Perhaps the problem isn't with the game but your skills as a killer. IF you can't debate without insulting and all the above then obviously the problem isn't with the game at all.

You're no different then a certain other poster who always says the exact same thing and always responds the exact same way when challenged.

Could you show me one post where I insulted someone? Or was that just a couple of words, that fit with your "argument"?

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    Options

@powerbats said:

@RSB said:

@ me next time

• RSB
    edited August 2018
    Options

@Vietfox said:

@RSB said:

@Vietfox said:

@RSB said:

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

When i say facecamping i mean stare at me really close, not being unable to be rescued, sorry for that comeback.

Then use correct term, not the false one, only because it sounds terrible and metling little survivors' hearts.

Post edited by RSB on
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options

@Vietfox said:

@RSB said:

@Vietfox said:

@RSB said:

@Vietfox said:

@RSB said:

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

Then use correct term, not the false one, only because it sounds for terrible and metling little survivors' hearts.

Facecamp: face to face. The fact that it was used to mean being unable to be unhooked is just an extra.

What Wraith main Facecamps? They have the uncloak and ambush the just unhooked guy method.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@jiminie said:

@Orion said:

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

Even if they did run in a straight line, from just 10 meters away, it can take almost 30 seconds to hit them once if they have Sprint Burst.

Aren't you tired of these useless comments you make without even thinking about what goes through that little head of yours?

I don't remember calling low's maid, get out of here

I accept your concession. Don't worry, not everyone can do math.

• fakelove
    Options

Someone got roasted

• RSB
    Options

@fakelove said:
    Someone got roasted

Who, my dear friend?

• fakelove
    Options

@RSB said:

@fakelove said:
    Someone got roasted

Who, my dear friend?

I'm talking about @jiminie and @orion, they roast each other pretty hard lol

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@fakelove said:

@RSB said:

@fakelove said:
    Someone got roasted

Who, my dear friend?

I'm talking about @jiminie and @orion, they roast each other pretty hard lol

If you say so.

• Master
    Options

@Vietfox said:

@RSB said:

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

As you wish, how is your ingame name?

• Vietfox
    Options
    Master said:

@Vietfox said:

@RSB said:

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

Mh? I quoted RSB
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,413
    Options

@Master said:

@Peanits said:

@Grimzy said:

@RSB said:

@Chi said:

Now I'm going to stay as objective as possible here, but how do you suppose the average killer (not hillbilly or something with instant downs) catch somebody before they can get to a pallet? Even if you get a surprise attack on someone, with the speed boost they get from being hit, they'll have enough time to get to a pallet and they'll require a second hit to down them.

If you could just decide to kill someone before they can even get to a pallet, that sounds like a miserable time and I wouldn't be interested in playing that side.

Back on topic though, I believe that's the intent, sorta'. Not pallet looping specifically, because pallet looping already hard counters bloodlust (breaking one pallet resets it). But eventually get rid of the longer loops where it may be necessary and then get rid of bloodlust.

I'd like it, frankly. It's not the most solid mechanic in its current state. If you ever actually need BL3 to catch someone, we're talking about 45 seconds of wasting your time running around just for one hit. More often than not when I see it come into play, it's because someone's outsmarting the killer and running tiles the right way (and the killer isn't forcing them to switch directions and run it the slower way), or using LOS blockers to mindgame and switch directions. When it goes off in those situations, it just feels like a participation award, like the game is giving them a free hit because they couldn't catch them otherwise.

Personally I'd love to see something that actually punishes running around pallets over and over, rather than something that punishes you for not using pallets.

Now I am curious.

At the moment it looks more like looping will become even easier with improved pallet droping while BL is nerfed heavily at the same time. They didnt even mention anything about reworking maps in the Q&A, did they just forgot about it and its an actual part of the patch?

And I still believe that a competent survivor can easily loop you for more than 45 sec (assuming you play a loopable killer)

I mean, it's always been an ongoing thing. There were some changes to multiple loops in the 2.0.0 update where they tweaked loop sizes to make them less effective and added LOS blockers to allow for some mindgames to close the gap.

• Master
    Options

@Vietfox said:
    Master said:

@Vietfox said:

@RSB said:

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

Mh? I quoted RSB

I am a salty killer too. Tell me your name and I will remove you from my game ASAP such that you dont have to suffer from the salt overload

• Master
    Options

@Peanits said:

@Master said:

@Peanits said:

@Grimzy said:

@RSB said:

@Chi said:

Now I am curious.

I mean, it's always been an ongoing thing. There were some changes to multiple loops in the 2.0.0 update where they tweaked loop sizes to make them less effective and added LOS blockers to allow for some mindgames to close the gap.

They promised mindgame pallets by breaking LOS, but those promises never have been fulfilled.
    Most pallet loops are super safe and the survivor sees the killer at any time via his 3rd person view. And then there is the stuff with the red killer stain shining through walls.... well

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,413
    Options

@Master said:

@Peanits said:

@Master said:

@Peanits said:

@Grimzy said:

@RSB said:

@Chi said:

Now I am curious.

They promised mindgame pallets by breaking LOS, but those promises never have been fulfilled.
    Most pallet loops are super safe and the survivor sees the killer at any time via his 3rd person view. And then there is the stuff with the red killer stain shining through walls.... well

I know for a fact I've seen some of them go in. Off the top of my head, there's the Autohaven tile with tires stacked on top of the car. It creates a LOS blocker that you can use to mindgame. Combine that was a moonwalk and you can close a lot of distance really fast.

• Master
    Options

@Peanits said:

@Master said:

@Peanits said:

@Master said:

@Peanits said:

@Grimzy said:

@RSB said:

@Chi said:

Now I am curious.

I know for a fact I've seen some of them go in. Off the top of my head, there's the Autohaven tile with tires stacked on top of the car. It creates a LOS blocker that you can use to mindgame. Combine that was a moonwalk and you can close a lot of distance really fast.

I will throw in a few autohaven offerings and look for that spot :wink:

However, I think you can agree that such a change didnt change the way looping works at all and the main loop spots like the killer shack or the big house loops are super safe. For eample in the kiler shack, you see the killer at any time through the wall...

And from my own experience playing survivor, I usually only get hit while looping a braindead loop when I get greedy and think I can make another turn, not because the killer showed skill and mindgamed me. In fact, when they try to this and switch their runing position, then this is when they waste their time and reset the "loop clock".
    Autohaven is a perfect example actually, there are so many loops where the tiles are only as high as your legs go, huntress can even throw over it and hit the survivor while not crouched, of course the survivor sees you at all times.

Or take any map with short tree-loops or rock loops. There are always gaps in between the legs or trees where you can see the killer

• Vietfox
    Options
    Master said:

@Vietfox said:
    Master said:

@Vietfox said:

@RSB said:

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

Mh? I quoted RSB

I am a salty killer too. Tell me your name and I will remove you from my game ASAP such that you dont have to suffer from the salt overload

Oh, in that case is the same name, Vietfox. Unlike others i don't try to hide with another name in the forums.
    PS: thought you were more reasonable than other killers instead of being salty like them.
  • RSB
    Options

@Vietfox said:
    Master said:

@Vietfox said:

Master said:

@Vietfox said:

@RSB said:

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

Mh? I quoted RSB

Oh, in that case is the same name, Vietfox. Unlike others i don't try to hide with another name in the forums.
    PS: thought you were more reasonable than other killers instead of being salty like them.

Or maybe you are not reasonable? Have you thought about that?

• Vietfox
    Options
    RSB said:

@Vietfox said:
    Master said:

@Vietfox said:

Master said:

@Vietfox said:

@RSB said:

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

@jiminie said:

@RSB said:

Mh? I quoted RSB

Or maybe you are not reasonable? Have you thought about that?

Yes
  • Outland
    Outland Member Posts: 535
    Options

@Grimzy said:

@RSB said:

@Chi said:

With pallets every ten feet, how is that supposed to be accomplished?

This discussion has been closed.