The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

No one escapes death. What is your opinion?

For me,the best killer clutch perk. Noed forces you to play with only 3 perks but it pays off in the end. Some say it's not fair but I believe that noed is adrenaline for killers.

What is your opinion? I ask both survivors and killers. Let me know down below

Comments

• Rareware0192
    Rareware0192 Member Posts: 360

Used to use it when I first started playing Killer. Now I never use it unless I’m doing a challenge because it makes me feel so dirty.

I don’t mind too much when other killers use it, but it does make me hesitate to ever go for hook saves when it’s in effect unless I’m able to find the hex totem.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

It's pretty annoying, replace the speed boost with like 15% missed attack cooldown and give survivors a totem counter and it will be less frustrating to go against and less of a crutch perk for newer players.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241

The crutch for low skill cap players.

• Xerge
    Xerge Member Posts: 928

Even a perfectly executed noed can make you depip, so in terms of rank it doesn't do anything good to you.

From my survivor point of view; sometimes noed makes the game more interesting, because gens pop too fast.

On the other hand I think noed combined with an ebony memento mori makes me raise an eyebrow and wonder about the killer's level of frustration with this game.

From my killer point of view; it's funny if you manage to down all survivors when noed is active:

• FogLurker
    FogLurker Member Posts: 337

I feel it's very cheap and for Killers that are garbage. I mostly play Killer and I never use it for the reason of how undeserving it is to get 1shots on everyone. When I play survivor, it sucks doing well the whole game then at the end everyone starts going down because of that single perk and every save being such a huge risk.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    edited January 2020

It's "fair" in that it can be completely removed

but it is a crutch perk and having tome challenges for it makes it even worse

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693
  • Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

Very high risk, very high reward.

• ppo8820
    ppo8820 Member Posts: 763

As survivor I hate it, and as killed it’s a nice insurance plan. I think it’s smart to do totems to avoid it but so many survivors just don’t.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited January 2020

Do totems or face consequences, that's a gamble you make. It basically just adds time to the game. You are not supposed to know if they have it or not, it's a threat that could or could not exist, that is the point of it.

Survivors generally have a entitled attitude, I know cause I feel it sometimes too; where you did so well and got all the gens done- you don't want to die at the VERY end just short of escape. It's frustrating- but it's part of the game. You are not out until you are OUT. Until then, the killer is still a threat.

However I do find it handicaps your skill as a killer, and makes it harder for you to improve at the game. Generally I don't run it for that reason, I find it's mostly mid to low tier ghostface's running it for some reason lol.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

It's fine. People have to stop being lazy

• inferjus
    inferjus Member Posts: 479
    edited January 2020

Small Game? Detective's Hunch? Map? Eyes? Knowledge where totems spawn?

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054

Do totems and you will be fine. I like it due to making late games very intense.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

It's 100% fair. You give up a perk slot for most of the game for a chance at snowballing when gens are done. It also functions as a bit of insurance if you misplay and get gen-rushed. It's relatively balanced imo.

• inferjus
    inferjus Member Posts: 479

If you look long enough and you find nothing, then you can assume all totems are destroyed. Also Detective's Hunch and Map can help you see if there are any totems left.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

Yes you can but it's still a perk/item solution to a problem, which I really dislike.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

bad perk.

not worth the risk, due to it being 100% survivor dependent.

seriously, if THEY did 5 totems - something you cant control as killer - YOU dont get to use a perk that is ONLY available in the endgame anyway?

and even IF they didnt do the 5 totems, since NOED will only affect one of them, getting rid of it is extremely easy!

in short, way too many risks for the, not even THAT great buff.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    edited January 2020

A direct counter to adrenaline, great with bitter murmur, if only two or three survivors remain they are all as good as dead in most cases.

If someone spent the match busting totems to counter noed the pressure I apply to the rest most likely gives me the win. That is why a totem buster should bring left behind and plunderers.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775
  • TheMonadoBoi
    TheMonadoBoi Member Posts: 346

This.

It's just an uninteresting perk which isn't particularly OP, just massively unfun to see.

• Slaughterhouse3
    Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 901

NOED is easy to counter. A very bad perk against good survivors.

• The_Second_Coming
    The_Second_Coming Member Posts: 1,110

It's fine how it is.

If you're a half way decent survivor, noed will never happen to you anyway.

• Mister_xD

add the totem counter to small game.

not even the killer has a totem counter unless he sacrifices a perk slot for it, i dont see why survivors should have that privilege.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

I wouldn't mind it being basekit for both sides. In fact, a totem counter isn't even necessary. The game should play a sound or something when all totems are cleansed for both sides, that would be enough in my opinion

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Perk needs to be reworked. But before that gen speed, 99% gates and adrenaline need to be addressed

• Mister_xD

thats a solution i like.

i personally thought about adding speachbubbles to the game (similar to Identity V), where one can tell the team what to do, to close the gap between solo and SWF.

it'd be short messages they can select, which would be shown to everyone else (dunno if the killer should be included or not), like "focus on repairing!", "cleansed a totem!" or "Help me!"...

• The_Meh_Teh
    The_Meh_Teh Member Posts: 136

I love the perk. It's easy enough to do totems so I think it's pretty fair. One of the best out there!

• samination
    samination Member Posts: 312
    edited January 2020

The game should become more dangerous after the doors are powered on, not less.

Everyone likes to believe that it's over, but you still have to get out. People that dispise noed are those that managed to power the gates but died anyway. They feel cheated, yet the ability to avoid this was in their hands the whole time. I like noed because it reinforces fear of the killer and reminds survivors they are never safe.

But really, why do you all focus on noed but not devour? It's literally a surprise noed in the middle of the game. I believe it's (again) because most think the game is over and they deserve the escape.

• Mister_xD

well, maybe you wont see any good killers use it, since they realised how bad and inconsistent the perk actually is?

im not gonna waste 25% of my perks on something that is completely useless during the entire trial - until the game is pretty much over - only to get a CHANCE of this activating then.

its also not a "clutch perk for baby killers" (as many love to call it). in reality, this perk does one thing and one thing only: punish survivors for failing at the secondary objective they have been given. and even that is something the perk cant really accomplish, due to only one totem lighting up in the end.

not worth a slot in my builds.

not without a buff that eigther fixes its inconsistency or makes it a proper punishment.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

Good against solo players, awful against coordinated teams actually trying to win at any cost.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,201
    edited January 2020

Rant incoming. It's not a very good perk and I don't get the narrative surrounding it at all.

The common refrain is that "good killers don't run NOED". That's typically true in a sense, but only because experienced killers realize there are far better perks to be running.

Yes, it can get you extra kills and downs after the gens are done that a killer wouldn't have got otherwise. That's literally what it's designed to do, so I'm not sure why that statement is often presented as if it's some sort of revelation.

You're hamstringing yourself by running 3 perks while the gens are up in the hopes that your instadown perk will activate. I'd argue that having 4 perks would lead to a better early game, thus eliminating the need for "clutch" kills late. Not rocket science here.

Nobody is bad because they choose to essentially run a version of Devour Hope where people can just leave the trial while it's active or cleanse it before it even activates. In my experience running NOED in endgame builds at red ranks, it doesn't even activate half the time. Which brings me back to the common refrain you often hear: "good killers don't run NOED." ....because it's a bad perk.

I feel like I'm losing my mind whenever I read people discuss it. If a killer ran 3 perks in a trial and had a bad game, people would look at it and say, "Oh, they'd probably do a lot better with 4 perks." If that same killer puts NOED in the fourth slot, even if it doesn't activate, people might flame them in postgame chat.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

If you think NoEd is op then you are also that survivor who gives up on the team and thinks Totems are not secondary obj

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

I like it for both killer and survivor. If survivors don't do totems then it is their 'mistake'. It can be taken as a second objective, too. What i mean is, there is something else to do.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,078

Yeah, they don't think that Adrenaline or Dead Hard is a crutch perk, but let's categorize killer perks as OP or "fair".

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,078

No killer can apply the kind pressure you're asking for, unless they run meta perks or play as top tier killers. With NOED, it's easier to go for whatever build you want without basically throwing away the game before it starts. Your stereotype of NOED users isn't entirety true.

• Knots
    Knots Member Posts: 49

It's a really bad perk. If you are a good killer, it won't even activate in 90% of your matches.

• TheKnot
    TheKnot Member Posts: 31

Yeah perks that are in the game JUST to reward the killer for playing like ######### should definitely be in the game. (Sarcasm)

• Give survivors a totem counter and NOED is useless.

Survivors have perks that make a totem counter pointless.