Who else has stopped playing Dbd?

And I don't mean like for a couple of days or a week I mean like completely stop playing dbd? Especially if you got some new games over Christmas.

It's funny, first week into Christmas break I was just playing dbd only, then second week came and I stopped playing it and played r6s instead and remember how fun that game is, more fun then dbd.

3rd to 4th week in and I got ark survival and cod mw and played the ######### out of MW for three days (on 4th week) and now today, as well with ark survival (3rd week), and the thought of playing dbd again hasn't come to mind at all.

Honestly I'm thinking about deleting the game.

"Go play a different game" said once by one of them, and I think I will, the games ive gotten over this break are WAY more fun and are less stressful.

Comments

• MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky
    MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Member Posts: 571
    edited January 2020

Exactly, before hand, I knew how stale this game was getting but I kept playing it, but now I got new games, now it feels like their is no point for me playing dbd anymore, dbd has nothing new no matter how many chapters they come out with

• samination
    samination Member Posts: 312

And yet here you are. Why don't you go post on those amazing games forums?

• MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky

Stress simulator in general, I don't just play killer.

• DaGreenBolt
    DaGreenBolt Member Posts: 453

I think im getting close to quit DBD, I'm seeing myself taking more and more breaks from DBD, and I'm playing less and less.

• Vampirox
    Vampirox Member Posts: 411

I'm a survival main there is no stress at all and Im in the red ranks.

Just releasing your mind of the pipping!!!!

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

The game can be stressful and if it truly stresses you then I hope you take as much time away as you need! If quitting is what you wanna do then I encourage you to do so. :)

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

This game is very abusive.... I like to be abused.... same with many others who play this game.

• Mikeadatrix
    Mikeadatrix Member Posts: 890

I've been busy with other things and as soon as I hit tier 70 on the Rift, I dipped. Oni's "hotfix" before the holiday season also left a bad taste in my mouth anyway so until the midchapter drops, I'm not gonna touch DBD.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

I play other games frequently. I only play DBD solo as survivor as I feel thats how it was intended to be experienced. I think its more fun as not knowing creates the best atmosphere for me.

I only play others games with friends for the reason above.

I always come back to DBD after a day or two for a few hours of killing or surviving. Sometimes a lot more than I'd admit 😛.

Played Ark way too much in the past.

My friend bought me Atlas and made a private server for us so playing around with that.

Got Age of Empires definite edition to play through again along with Age of Mythology.

Have Wow to jump in and do some raid.

It's good to take breaks and play others now and again.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

yet, you are here.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

It's fine to not like a game anymore, we all got different minds.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

been getting super bored all the rift does is make burnout feel worse

• aGoodOldRub
    aGoodOldRub Member Posts: 267
    edited January 2020

This is kind of stupid to look for people who don't play anymore in a game's forum. If someone stopped playing they wouldn't keep reading general discussion forums, maybe only the news.

Also who plays r6s it is such a ######### game 😫

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

I play a bunch of other games so I don't play a ton. I did come back for the tome though and will come back for the next one. It's fun to have an actual goal (as long as it isn't stupid hard or grindy)

I also buy and play new killers when they come out. It's usually fun.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

We're getting there. These devs are slowly but surely breaking my will to play this bug-filled pile of #########.

• ArksnaVixone
    ArksnaVixone Member Posts: 30

Im playing rdr2 online, friday 13 and ow. Its impossible to play in double points event because all the killers are really sweatie and the queus are painful.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

I got Kingdom Hearts 3 and Death Stranding both very fun, but i put in time for DBD. I already beat KH3 and waiting for the dlc. I am halfway through DS, I think. So i got the time to play DBD.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

It's part of a 3-4 game rotation and has been that for over a year at this point. I alternate between mainly playing one over the others, but always play them all a decent bit anyway when I have the time.

• Ksoni
    Ksoni Member Posts: 607

-Playing same killers in Red ranka or else you will have a bad time

- Small perk diversity in Red ranka

- Toxic survivor players (for no reason) at Red ranks

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

If the game play wasn't so fun I wouldn't be playing.

At this point, you have to learn how to not let the poor balance anger you so much.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,109

I wish.

• musstang62
    musstang62 Member Posts: 517

I have never found another game that I had such a love/hate relationship with. I initially picked it up for 3 months, quit for 6, picked it back up for another 8, then just quit again a month ago. No plans to pick it back up. Only reason I check the forums here and there is to see if nurse is ever un-murdered and/or if some balance issues are fixed up. Nurse might still be OK on PC but she is absolutely miserable to play on ps4 now

I'm definitely not the best or most consistent player but I've gotten to red ranks with both survivor and killer. Wish the devs would take the common advice here and buff solo survivors to SWF levels, then buff killers. SWF players shouldn't be punished for playing with their friends, I agree to that. Right now though, solo players are punished for not playing SWF, and killers are punished by having to go up against SWF and get stomped on. Playing killers against all rank 2 SWF with toolboxes/map offerings every match... I would rather go feet first thru a woodchipper than play another round of that. Solo survivor definitely has its own frustrations as well. I just don't see the point in playing either side of the game in its current state. It's less a game and more of a frustration simulator for me

I'm looking forward to project resistance with re3 remake. I want to love this game but I get the feeling it will never be balanced until it has some actual competition

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

I've been playing working games, the terrible matchmaking BS is getting old

i bounce between rank 2-3 so when I play solo i shouldn't be getting teammates who are sub-purple ranks, yet its all i get nowadays

but dodging low ranks is worse than being forced into a terrible game i guess.... /s

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,141

I traveled for the holidays and didn't play DbD for three weeks. Didn't miss it at all. I'm trying to play during the Bloodhunt so I can earn some BP, but my heart's really not in it. I'll start the match, chase someone for a bit, then get bored and just haunt around the map kicking gens until I can open the exit gate. (The survivors haven't complained once yet so I assume they prefer their game killer-free, anyway.) I have a lot more fun roaming around the city killing zombies and taking part in the numerous events in Dying Light. Or mewing in Gato Roboto. Or tossing a tennis ball in the air.

If I hadn't put so much money into DbD, I'd probably uninstall it. My PS4 could really use the disk space.

I've been thinking of trying out Identity V, because the hunters seem a lot more creative, but at the same time I don't really want to get invested in a new game. It's so cool that they've got a Lamia, though.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

I've only returned to finish up the last I can towards the rift. Matchmaking made me quit because I couldn't find any matches.

I played Rainbow six seige and a few other games during the break and it was refreshing.

I am back to playing dbd a lot less often depending on whether I can find lobbies, to complete achievements or just chill while playing music.

• DBDIT
    DBDIT Member Posts: 172

It's just lost its initial luster for me and I've been playing since 2017, but I know a few people who've gotten it post end game (arguably between its best and worst) that have fun with it and more power to them, but I honestly don't see it getting any better and that's not me knocking it, just going by BHVRs track record.

• scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 356

I stopped for like 6 months and recently came back, and I'm already ready to be done. After this bloodhunt is over I'll probably be taking another extended break, but the devs don't care because they already have my money.

• Eye66
    Eye66 Member Posts: 822

There should be more fallout from that awful December dev stream where they ignored every meaningful question, they pay such close attention to survivor complaints if we don't let it go they might start listening to killers. They've shown us complaining works in them

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899

Why are people that no longer play the game trolling its forum? Serious question.

• HanginToads
    HanginToads Member Posts: 4

I play because my wife loves the game and wants me to play with her. That's about the only reason.

I'm a red rank survivor main, but honestly I'm horrible at this game, and that's just the way it is. Me bad + horrible hit latency + horrible console optimization and you have a rough time.

I will say that the 1 or 2/10 games that are good or close are fun, but most of the time I'm curb stomped.

If you see my SWF pop in don't worry. The only one that's pretty decent is my wife. The rest of us are easy claps.

• ElementDoom
    ElementDoom Member Posts: 166

I personally still care about the game despite many of the recent issues making it impossible for me to have fun with it. I still check the forums from time to time because I hope to see positive changes happening when I do. That's never actually the case but I'm still hoping.

• MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky

Kinda what I do, beforehand I use to check the forums every so now and then, even when I wasn't playing the game, but now I feel like their is no point of checking. This game and the forums never came across my mind until I realized that I haven't touch this game until just today.

Also I find it funny how many people are saying "and yet your here" as if they have a point or something

Checking back ≠ being back

How is this trolling? I'm just generally asking people who have stop playing this game? Serious question

• MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky

It's what they do, they get people to buy all of their DLC because we want to play with more content, they never have in the past months release something for free, but then they start to realize how bullshit this game is and how stale it is, so when people have already putted alot of money into this game, they don't want to uninstall it or else they feel like they waste their money, lucky for me, I got the game for free when it was on ps plus.

That's BHVR for you. They get your money and you realize how bad their game is and it's too late, can't refund anything, BHVR is money hungry.

Once BHVR starts to realize too many people are leaving game or not buying their dlcs because of what they are doing, they do something big that brings people back and then they go back to doing their lazy band aid fixes and changes no one asked for. Why do you think BHVR release more cosmetics then actual fixes and content?

• antgnstea
    antgnstea Member Posts: 869
    edited January 2020

I stopped playing DBD for 3 or 4 months last year, right after Demise of the faithful chapter. Found others games to grind through. I checked time to time in that period to see if I'd missed DBD and answer was no, so I kept playing other games,

But something changed, one day I started again and still playing without that much of a break since. I think I am so much more invested in the game than any other game I've ever played. Both financially and emotionally. I can take short breaks, but I don't thin stop playing all together.

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398
    edited January 2020

Even with the balance issues, IDV is designed much better than DBD.

•Hunters are all unique, have viable and fun powers. Even Hell ember, the pve hunter is fun once you get his snowball going.

•Survivors are also unique, with strengths and weaknesses. Each survivor starts with a unique item and has a different role to play on the team.

•Better perk system. IDV's persona tree is far superior to DBD's teachable perk system.

•Better optimisation. You can run high consistant framerate on the mobile version now. DBD can't even get consistent 30fps on consoles and it's been out for over three ######### years. This is just embarrassing BHVR, optimise your ######### game!

•More game modes. Casual, rank mode, 2vs8 and blackjack which is a weird but fun mode. The only problem is that other game modes have server times. DBD still, only has the stale, old game mode.

I don't think I need to say more but I'll put a link to a video for Blackjack mode:

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,141

Wow. I really do wanna play IDV, now.

I did actually try playing it on my phone over the holiday, but I was really clumsy with the controls; I think I prefer a controller or m&kb to tapping a screen with my fingers. Any idea how IDV plays on the computer?

• oskar0ch
    oskar0ch Member Posts: 29

I'm really close to quitting because of the completely broken ranking system. I haven't had a match against the rank I'm at in like two weeks. It's so stressful as killer going against full red ranks when I'm only rank 10.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

Gonna take my break from dbd now, i played for the bloodhunt/bp not because I wanted to play the game actually.

• smappdooda
    smappdooda Member Posts: 544

This game has so much potential with the design and (minimal) lore they created, it's fun to follow but not always play. There is hope and then there is Stockholm syndrome. I think DBD fans lie somewhere inbetween.