No one escapes death. What is your opinion?

Options

Comments

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options

The killer version of the dead hard adrenaline combo for survivors. You can't say one is crutch without acknowledging that the other ones are too.

Crutches are a risk to bring in because they only work in certain circumstances.

• Tokkern
    Tokkern Member Posts: 74
    Options

Noed is as fair as deadhard, adrenaline or unbreakable.

• Xerge
    Xerge Member Posts: 928
    Options

DS also has a similar effect to noed; while survivors do bones just in case you may be running noed, killers may slug a survivor in case they may have ds, even if the survivor isn't using it. Dead hard has a similar effect, like when you wait to hit an injured survivor in case he has dead hard.

• Auron471
    Auron471 Member Posts: 1,310
    Options

NoED is a crutch perk, UNLESS the killer is using an end game build.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

I'm probably one of the only people that likes the killer getting a power surge right at the end

A totem counter would be really apreciated by solo's though

Other then that maybe something that tells people noed is in play, like how the obsession knows rancor is in play

Something like everytime a gen is completed all survivors scream, it would give it use before the end game and it would let survivors know it's in play

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

Crutch perk for new players. Accept you will lose from time to time and just open exit gates if you got your butt kicked.

Noed will make you a bad killer. You can pretty much tell a killer has it when he commits to chases he shouldn't, tunnels 1 or 2 people all game, 0 gen pressure than bam noed.

I hate dying one first hook after getting hit 1x all game. And he face camping and shacking his head like he did something amazing.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293
    Options

It's not really hard to find totems people just ignore them after doing a gen in some of my matches I either break the majority or all of em since I just make a mental note when i'm heading to the next gen or in a chase

• Hex_KillerMainBTW
    Hex_KillerMainBTW Member Posts: 447
    Options

It gives you an idea as to where a totem is. You're telling me survivors, especially solo survivors should have a way to counter totem perks? So you just want to basically remove totems from the game right off the get go. Imagine what that would be like with SWF. If a map doesn't have the burning barrels, even I can find a totem fairly quickly just by listening for sounds of a little fire.

• LiunUK
    LiunUK Member Posts: 943
    Options

as a solo survivor its a pain in the ass because i don't know how many totems have been cleansed or how many are left.

• DaGreenBolt
    DaGreenBolt Member Posts: 453
    Options

Noed isn't always used by bad players.

Currently one of my favorite builds with Freddy is the end game build, where I have NOED, Blood Warden, Remember Me, and a perk of my own choice (Usually Bitter Murmur, Hex: Ruin, or Corrupt Intervention). The amount of salt you get from this is funny.

NOED basically removes an active perk from your slot until endgame, and it can be cleansed before endgame.

I usually use NOED for Endgame builds, or when im using a new killer that doesn't have a lot of perks.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936
    Options

Are you sure you are understanding what I'm saying? I don't mean counter play when I say counter. I'm talking about how many totems are left.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

I don't think most of these posters here had any idea what you were talking about initially.

• Hex_KillerMainBTW
    Hex_KillerMainBTW Member Posts: 447
    Options

Then word it differently. Saying a perk to counter totems isn't a good way of putting it. A perk that says how many totems are left on a map would be different. IE, a perk that gives tokens saying how many totems are on the map.

• LiunUK
    LiunUK Member Posts: 943
    Options

how are we solo survivors supposed to know how many totems are left in the match? when swf can communicate this with ease.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

Don't really have much of an opinion on it one way or another, don't really see it too often in red ranks personally.

As killer I'd rather use perks that are either relevant throughout more of the match or at the very least active from the start in some way.

As survivor I don't really care if I die to it. I understand how people might feel "robbed" even though I disagree with that mindset, but I'll happily die to NOED when I "should have escaped" over getting mori-tunneled or something earlier on. If you die to NOED you lived until the end of the game, so you should've had plenty of time to get to get BP, emblems and general gameplay by then.

• Quol
    Quol Member Posts: 694
    Options

Its fine.

Not only is it a totem perk but you need to play essentially the entire match with only 3 perks. The effect needs to be really good to warrant its usage. Though its not like i cant see why survivors get mad when they play a match perfectly and get 1 hooked at the very end.

• xGodSendDeath
    xGodSendDeath Member Posts: 320
    Options

LOL at the crying about NOED. This is the only second chance perk that killers have. Survivors have BT, dead hard, adrenaline, DS, etc so you can screw up repeatedly and still get away. NOED helps the killer get a kill or two when they screw up badly or the gens pop in 4 mins flat on mother's hill

• TheKnot
    TheKnot Member Posts: 31
    Options

again, we’re talking about noed here. An opinion was asked on what people’s thoughts were on noed and I stated my opinion. It is a crutch perk that bad killers use. If you wish to speak about your issues as a baby killer dealing with the few half decent nerfed into the ground perks that survivors have to deal with toxic killers, make a different thread.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Not a fan of it really.

I'd prefer to play with 4 perks through the whole match, which usually allows me to perform better than with 3, which for the most part means I don't need some form of safety net in the end game.

Additionally, I don't like to put stock into a perk that only activates for a very short part of the game, and when it reaches that point it may not activate at all. As the killer I also have no way of knowing if it's going to activate unless I'm running TotH too.

• JC316
    JC316 Member Posts: 693
    Options

Actually you didn't, you came in flapping your gums, trying to bait an angry reaction. Sorry sonny, I don't get worked up over someone so....insignificant. It's been amusing to watch you try. For the record, I never said I had a problem dealing with it, I said they were survivor crutches.

Most of my games look a little something like this.. I let the last guy go at the door. Ruthless killer.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,459
    Options

It's cheap but it's not OP.

• TheNHK32
    TheNHK32 Member Posts: 30
    Options

Its good if you are sick of ruin being cleansed 60 seconds into the game or not finding the right gen to use pop on.

I dont have ruin on my trapper yet so i run it to compensate for my loss. It still gets cleansed anyways because its a trapper with no ruin.

• PapiQuentin_
    PapiQuentin_ Member Posts: 889
    Options

I find it fine overall.

But for solo players I definitely want a totem counter.

Also it sorta pisses me off when I get a good chase and go down to NOED after the last gen pops during the chase but I get over it.

• DarkPit
    DarkPit Member Posts: 87
    Options

If a killer uses noed without ruin, ill start looking for all 5 totems and wait with the last one or two gens (which is kinda hard in solo queue like already mensioned above), but at least you know your risk and can be prepared (but i still dislike it). If a killer needs to run Noed in Combination with ruin (especially in high ranks) to get anyone, they are bad af and just get undeserved kills for going against a solo queue with 4/5 totems cleansed. Especially when you play on a map like lerys game or hawkins where totems are very hard to find, you just didnt do any skillful and get oneshots just because of the map design. Good killers dont need to run cause they eithet get a 4k anyways or accept their lost game but can still say they played skillful. Me personally also begun with noed when i started DbD, but because i already followed this game a long timer earlier and got better and better, and today i refuse to run it. But then these dumb noed challenges exist...

• TheKnot
    TheKnot Member Posts: 31
    Options

That’s very interesting you instantly resort to name calling to try to get your point across. I see it’s no use trying to argue or to point out other issues and that it’s not the only crutch perk. You must be a difficult person to communicate with in real life as well. Must be a reason why you play killer and not swf. I’ll see ya around kiddo

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210
    Options

Wow there bud,don't be so rude. You made your point clear,stop being so rude

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547
    Options

A mistake.

Survivors getting punished for completing their objectives.

• JC316
    JC316 Member Posts: 693
    Options

I wasn't aware that "Junior, and Sonny" were name calling, especially when I'm older than you. As for rude behavior, lets look at how you started, then continued this conversation.....

"Lmao. “I’m a pretty good killer, rank 7” Omegalul."

"as a “pretty good killer” those perks should be cake walks to play against for you"

"If you wish to speak about your issues as a baby killer dealing with the few half decent nerfed into the ground perks that survivors have to deal with toxic killers, make a different thread."

Those are childish and antagonistic comments to someone you've never played against. I will leave you with a simple request.... Grow up.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

I am fine with it, i play mostly survivor, but i can count to 5 on my own, so usually i see all totems brocken. If i am not sure they are all broken, i try not to get caught. Works pretty good so far.

As a killer, i play it alot. It counters adrinaline, and a lot of survivors become cocky and rude if they think they won. getting them with noed is a good counter to that.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 896
    Options

As a survivor main it doesn't bother me. I expect it and plan for it most matches. I run Detective 's hunch and inner strength on my Tapp in 98% of my games. The only time it gets by me is when I am tunneled most of the game and can't do totems.

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,803
    Options
  • MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

From a survivor POV: Idc, in the end it's our fault that we didn't cleanse totems. But it really does make me wanna question the killers skill level no matter how good or bad they played

From a killer POV: I possess too much pride to use this perk plus I can't waste a second perk slot (due to my addiction to Shadowborn).

• arslaN
    edited January 2020
    Options

Not really, why would disabling a perk that the killer may not even be using be an objective? That's like saying slugging is a secondary objective because the survivors might have ds.

If noed was basekit then it could be a secondary objective

• arslaN
    Options

That's a fanmade wiki, why are you even showing that? The dbd gamepedia one is endorsed by devs and it doesn't say objective there.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    Options

It does if you scroll down. Also it is a secondary objective. If it doesn't show up,please follow the link because I believe I'm not mistaken.

• ASurvkillivorer
    Options

By that logic you might as well never unhook team mates, never heal anyone including yourelf. Just do gens as thats the objective.

Peoples BS never surprises me but NOED is really a special one to me....a perk that can easily be REMOVED FROM THE GAME in a couple minutes. In most cases without ANY special attention to totems other than survivors cleansing them when they happen upon them.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

I never had a problem with noed

I almost never use it outside of a cheeky end game build, and as a survivor i always try to cleanse the totems

People calling it a crutch need to get their heads straight though

It's completly in the survivors hands if it spawns or not. As long as you always expect it coming it should never be a problem

The game isn't over until you escaped, the killer did not fail their objective when the last gen pops cause their objective is to kill you before you escape

Honestly if an entire team goes down to noed it says more about the survivors skill then the killers

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    Options

Found it on another one. It is indeed a secondary objective. I took a screenshot,here;

It's emblems,for objective completion

• arslaN
    edited January 2020
    Options

You don't have to help your teammates so it's not an objective. You could literally not help anyone and get out with the hatch. Survivors objective is to escape by any means and the killers objective is to kill by any means. It's that simple.

Cleansing totems helps you escape, but it's not an objective.

• ASurvkillivorer
    Options

Thats really strange logic. Everything in game that merits points can be an objective towards the goal of escaping. Escaping by any means is more doable if you have your team alive to help with it. Take out totems so the killers perks go away especially NOED. No? Even though the devs consider the main objective pipping. To pip you need to do more than just gens.

• Helevetin_nopee
    Helevetin_nopee Member Posts: 408
    Options

I never use noed, but I feel like its fine how it is. If survivors dont cleanse the totems, badaboom the game might turn completely around. And of they do, well, at least theres something they're doing other than gens.

• arslaN
    Options

I don't think it's strange at all. Are pallet stuns, vaulting, opening chests and many more stuff alternate objectives too then since they help you escape?

The game would put a lot more emphasis on cleansing totems if they were actual secondary objectives. The only thing dull totems do is give points and potentially disable one perk.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    Options

They are a secondary objective I just showed you 2 sites that say that. They were added as a secondary objective and they will remain. I showed you my logic and my proof of why they are a secondary objective. If you wanna argue with me about this,then I suggest to find your own proof that they are not. If you may,I wanna make a forum about this because I indeed find it an interesting topic. Let me know if you agree

• ASurvkillivorer
    Options

By your own definition of the survivors objective...YES. Those do become objectives. Escaping by any means such ass pallet stunning the killer to lose him etc. Your trying to say the only actual survivor objective is to simply walk out the exit gate. That is objectively wrong and the devs even say that.

The game would put a lot more emphasis on.....are you being ironic? IT DOES It has a perk in it that only activates when the exit gates are powered. Ya know the perk the topic is about?

The only objective of a baseball team is to win the game. Does that not also mean hitting home runs is not an objective in mind? Is scoring a goal in soccer not the teams objective when on the field? lmao #########.

• arslaN
    Options

You can open a thread if you like, I am also interested.

The only time totems are mentioned as objectives are in the emblems section, I don't know where else it says that on the gamepedia site like you say.

Why do they give bloodpoints in the boldness category rather than the objective category? The game also never mentions totems as being objectives in the ingame guide section. It only says cleanse dull totems for bloodpoints or cleanse hex totems to disable their effect.

If the devs are actually considering them as secondary objectives then they are doing a very poor job since dull totems do almost nothing.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    Options