The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Killers are ruining this game

Sorry, but it’s true. Killers who camp, which now seems to be all of them, are ruining this game. When it became free on ps4, every killer camps and it’s just not worth it to play anymore. I haven’t played one match this week where the killers didn’t go more than a few steps away from the hook. I said this in another post and I’ll say it here again, if you don’t stop camping people will stop playing as survivors. No survivors, no matches. Less people playing the game means the developers have no reason to continue to support it. I know I’m gonna get the same comments as other posts,” just don’t get caught” or “camping is part of the game”. I’m sure these are people who never play as a survivor. I’m not sure what the solution is but maybe create a game mode where a lobby is 5 people and the killer is chosen at random, and random perks.

Comments

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

@johnlaw1972 said:
    And there it is. The don’t get caught comment. With a crybaby added for good measure. How is it my fault if you’re such a bad killer you’ve got to camp.

The killer is 10x more skilled than you if they down you lmao

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    edited August 2018
    yeet said:

@johnlaw1972 said:
    And there it is. The don’t get caught comment. With a crybaby added for good measure. How is it my fault if you’re such a bad killer you’ve got to camp.

The killer is 10x more skilled than you if they down you lmao

Only if he/she can escape from you when you switch sides. :)
  • Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Blame the poor game balance.

• JackieEstacadoWhen
    JackieEstacadoWhen Member Posts: 78
    edited August 2018
    OH MY GOD! Punishing a camping killer is so easy why the hell are people still complaining?

DBD has an influx of new players on ps4 so of course they aren't going to immediately know the ins and outs of the game. Give them time and they will eventually learn camping, while sometimes nessacary is actually detrimental and it's best to just keep chasing one after another.

If the killer is camping you, do not suicide and just let your team rush the gens and escape.

If the killer is camping someone else then unless you have BT just rush the gens, the killer will only get 1 kill and the low score + not ranking up will incentivize them to not camp.
  • shadowsfall42
    shadowsfall42 Member Posts: 201

The game is brutal for newcomers, especially for people that haven't watched much of it on youtube or twitch. But the simple fact is that the higher you rank up, the less likely you are to come across camping killers. They tend not to do well when everyone else does gens and they depip. Camping only ever genuinely works when survivors allow it to. By not just doing generators, survivors enable camping killers because they've learned if they camp, stupid survivors (especially overly-altruistic SWF groups) will just crowd around the hook and no gens get done, so the cycle continues. IMO these killers also aren't confident enough in their own ability to actually down someone again that they just secure their kill. If a killer camps you, don't DC or #########, if they're occupied with you, everyone else gets free reign and they will lose.

Just keep playing, watch videos and try and notice why they do the things they do, don't try and emulate them, because you won't understand why they do what they do and you will likely do it wrong. Once you get better at survivor, you'll actually realize how stupidly overpowered survivors can be. Also try playing killer. It's rough, but you'll understand a bit more why some killers just camp.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

The reason they camp on console is because playing killer with a controller blows. Try it sometime!

• yeet

@Vietfox said:

@yeet said:

@Vietfox said:
    yeet said:

just don't get caught you crybaby if you get camped it's your fault

Killer who needs to camp in order to get a kill detected

can't get camped if you are a good survivor and don't get caught lmao noob

Can't get looped if you are a good killer and kill them by using mind games lamo noob.
    I guess same argument works for you, enjoy.

i don't get looped because i only play nurse dum dum
    lmao how is camping even real just evade the killer just juke them LMAO how do you even get downed survivor is easy mode how do you even lose on easy mode LMAO AHAHAHAHHA

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823

@yeet said:

@Vietfox said:

@yeet said:

@Vietfox said:
    yeet said:

Can't get looped if you are a good killer and kill them by using mind games lamo noob.

lmao how is camping even real just evade the killer just juke them LMAO how do you even get downed survivor is easy mode how do you even lose on easy mode LMAO AHAHAHAHHA

ok i just realized i'm dealing with a kid because of your brilliant arguments. have a nice day :wink:

• yeet

@Vietfox said:

@yeet said:

@Vietfox said:

@yeet said:

@Vietfox said:
    yeet said:

ok i just realized i'm dealing with a kid because of your brilliant arguments. have a nice day :wink:

i win you lose dabs

• Vietfox

@yeet said:

@Vietfox said:

@yeet said:

@Vietfox said:

@yeet said:

@Vietfox said:
    yeet said:

i win you lose dabs

Yeah you win :smile:

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Vietfox said:

@yeet said:

@Vietfox said:
    yeet said:

Mindgames? Are we talking about the same game?

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

@johnlaw1972 said:

if the killer camps you, that means you got caught first.
    now, if you say the killer is bad, what does that say about you and your skill level?
    think about it.

• Mister_xD

and honestly, you have multiple ways to prevent to go down at all. use them or stop complaining.

• Outland
    Outland Member Posts: 535

@johnlaw1972 said:
    Sorry, but it’s true. Killers who camp, which now seems to be all of them, are ruining this game. When it became free on ps4, every killer camps and it’s just not worth it to play anymore. I haven’t played one match this week where the killers didn’t go more than a few steps away from the hook. I said this in another post and I’ll say it here again, if you don’t stop camping people will stop playing as survivors. No survivors, no matches. Less people playing the game means the developers have no reason to continue to support it. I know I’m gonna get the same comments as other posts,” just don’t get caught” or “camping is part of the game”. I’m sure these are people who never play as a survivor. I’m not sure what the solution is but maybe create a game mode where a lobby is 5 people and the killer is chosen at random, and random perks.

Did you go do gens? Because that is the solution to your problem.

• krick
    krick Member Posts: 13

@johnlaw1972 said:

Its up to the devs to fix it, im surprised its still so rewarding to camp, and more things haven't changed to make it less rewarding.
    a few months after the DBD came out, I got 2 of my friends to try out the game, was a lot of lobby dogding, and when finally getting games their just get camped to death

• King_Checkmate
    King_Checkmate Member Posts: 60

On a game i dont camp:survs unhook each other up to 8+ times, are really hard to track, specially after the first 3 minutes there are all 2-4 generators down, there is a free secret escape hatch which u can use to win even if you are trash), you have uncounterable perks such as adrenaline and kindred, and a bunch of bs pallets and windows (plus the ability to choose the map with the most of them).

How else am i to get a kill? After rank 14 its a miracle if i get 3 survivors on how much they rescue eachother and how fast they heal.

Plus survs love doing the dance and tbagging but as soon as they get camped they whine.

Well whine. I'll be staring into your eyes and soul while the entity butt****s u.

• Mrrgle_the_Mediocre
    Mrrgle_the_Mediocre Member Posts: 346

@Vietfox said:

@yeet said:

@Vietfox said:

@yeet said:

@Vietfox said:

@yeet said:

@Vietfox said:
    yeet said:

i win you lose dabs

Yeah you win :smile:

My man you just got hecka baited.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@johnlaw1972 said:

they should get rid of all killers and i will be the true killer. NEA THE KILLER MUAHAHAHAAHA. but only i wont hit you i will just suck you dry ;)

• Mrrgle_the_Mediocre
    Mrrgle_the_Mediocre Member Posts: 346

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@johnlaw1972 said:

they should get rid of all killers and i will be the true killer. NEA THE KILLER MUAHAHAHAAHA. but only i wont hit you i will just suck you dry ;)

Dude, that's too scary, are you mental?! She'd send every player to the hospital from heart attacks, you really want that many people to die?!

Well, you do I guess, because you're Nea the killer.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Mister_xD said:

@johnlaw1972 said:

now, if you say the killer is bad, what does that say about you and your skill level?
    think about it.

So killer tunnels you until they finally down you while all the gens are done and that's the camped persons fault how again? If a killer is determined to get you, eventually they'll get you even if it's emans letting 3 ppl escape.

• Chrona
    Chrona Member Posts: 245

@azazer said:
    Complaining that baby killers are camping you. 
    A baby killer caught you.
    Can't hide or get away from baby killers.
    You need to up your own game if your gripe is that people new to the game are better than you. 

What got me is the complaining about the tactics used by new players. Besides that, like others have said, camping only works as a strategy if the other survivors allow it to.

And there can be legitimate reasons for wanting to camp: for example, if you have a ritual to sacrifice two people as X killer. Or if it is part of your build. etc. I actually had one game where it ended up being a 4k (when it would have been a 1-2k) game exclusively because they all went for saves, and I was soft-camping as the trapper. I had the ritual for two sacrifices, but hey, if everyone's going to try and visit the basement, the more the merrier.

Plus, if I feel like the group is being overly alturistic, I'll camp. If the fish will bite, use that bait.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    You said it yourself. Game just became free on PS plus. Game manual recommends to camp. 
    Things you can do to avoid getting caught and camped:
    - don't rush to the first gen. Hide and wait 30 to 60 seconds before even touching a gen.
    - don't run all the time. Running leaves scratch marks behind.
    - if the killer camps, go do gens. He won't leave the hook, so you can do your favorite thing.
    - don't call killers campers when they camp after the gates have been powered. There's nothing else to do for him. If you insult him, he might say ######### it. I'll camp from now on. Since I'll get called out anyway.
    - play killer yourself and play exactly as you want other killers to play. Enjoy the fair match and the chat afterwards.
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Another problem solved by NM-BT-Resil. Use Kindred as your last perk to make everyone optimize when you are hooked and show them the killer is camping you.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    They're not ruining anything. Both sides do things the other won't like. That's simply any game. Does it suck when you get camped? Yes. It's hardly the death blow to the game you make it out to be though.
  • thrawn3054
    They're not ruining anything. Both sides do things the other won't like. That's simply any game. Does it suck when you get camped? Yes.
  • thrawn3054
    They're not ruining anything. Both sides do things the other won't like. That's simply any game. Does it suck when you get camped? Yes. It's hardly the death blow to the game you make it out to be though.
  • thrawn3054
    They're not ruining anything. Both sides do things the other won't like. That's simply any game. Does it suck when you get camped? Yes.
  • Darkandsinful
    Darkandsinful Member Posts: 39

yeah being camped sucks, especially sitting there watching your teammates pop generator after generator with no help for you in site. If the killer wants to lose the match by camping thats on him.

now what do you want the devs to do, ban people for camping? for making sure the person they have hooked dies, they are killers the entire point of being a killer is to kill not to hook them and give them a hug. It's your job not to get caught, you got caught you face camping. Now you just need to do a better job of not getting caught.

You want a productive idea for camping, just like when a survivor hides out they get the afk crows. if a killer stays in a hell 10 to 20 mm radius of anything in general really, not just camping they become visible to all until they leave for 10 seconds.

• Darkandsinful
    Darkandsinful Member Posts: 39

yeah being camped sucks, especially sitting there watching your teammates pop generator after generator with no help for you in site. If the killer wants to lose the match by camping thats on him.
    now what do you want the devs to do, ban people for camping? for making sure the person they have hooked dies, they are killers the entire point of being a killer is to kill not to hook them and give them a hug. It's your job not to get caught, you got caught you face camping. Now you just need to do a better job of not getting caught.

You want a productive idea for camping, just like when a survivor hides out they get the afk crows. if a killer stays in a hell 10 to 20 mm radius of anything in general really not just camping they become visible to all until they move for 10 seconds

• WeaponXMetsu
    WeaponXMetsu Member Posts: 81

Yeah, it makes sense though. When I was new to the game I was afraid to go out and search. Guess what happened? I got perks to help me with it. Most of the new people don't have these perks to use as training wheels to go and search for their victims and in their helplessness they camp hoping to get other survivors. In time this will go away and not be commonplace. It will always be a part of the game, but when they have more freedom to locate people I'm sure camping so harshly will stop.

Just not in some situations. Want a kill at the end of game and everyone is alive except for the person on the hook.

• WeaponXMetsu
    WeaponXMetsu Member Posts: 81

Yeah, it makes sense though. When I was new to the game I was afraid to go out and search. Guess what happened? I got perks to help me with it. Most of the new people don't have these perks to use as training wheels to go and search for their victims and in their helplessness they camp hoping to get other survivors. In time this will go away and not be commonplace. It will always be a part of the game, but when they have more freedom to locate people I'm sure camping so harshly will stop.

Just not in some situations. Want a kill at the end of game and everyone is alive except for the person on the hook.

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685

@Vietfox said:
    yeet said:

survivor who needs pallet looping to win spotted

• Vietfox

@Vietfox said:
    yeet said:

survivor who needs pallet looping to win spotted

I didnt say anything about pallet looping, yeet did mention camping. L2R
  • WaterDragonSlayer
    WaterDragonSlayer Member Posts: 5

What if just here me out you bring the perk "Borrowed Time" as a Survivor
    If you're a killer and you don't like to camp because of the boring game play I recommend you bringing the perks "BBQ and Chili" and/or "Make Your Choice"
    This is a high ranking problem because I don't see a lot of campers at low ranks.
    These perks for high ranking Survivors and Killers maybe the to non camping matches.

• Mister_xD

@powerbats said:

@Mister_xD said:

@johnlaw1972 said:

think about it.

So killer tunnels you until they finally down you while all the gens are done and that's the camped persons fault how again? If a killer is determined to get you, eventually they'll get you even if it's emans letting 3 ppl escape.

you got some wrong information there.
    if you are a good survivor, there is nearly no way for thee killer to get you.
    but since ppl just complain instead of getting good at the game, i know where this threat is coming from...

• Unit
    Unit Member Posts: 190

On a game i dont camp:survs unhook each other up to 8+ times, are really hard to track, specially after the first 3 minutes there are all 2-4 generators down, there is a free secret escape hatch which u can use to win even if you are trash), you have uncounterable perks such as adrenaline and kindred, and a bunch of bs pallets and windows (plus the ability to choose the map with the most of them).

How else am i to get a kill? After rank 14 its a miracle if i get 3 survivors on how much they rescue eachother and how fast they heal.

Plus survs love doing the dance and tbagging but as soon as they get camped they whine.

Well whine. I'll be staring into your eyes and soul while the entity butt****s u.

Don't play the wraith then
  • Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

Let's just ignore everything the toxic survivors do?

I think it's fine...