Killers, are you staying?

Comments

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    edited January 2020

I only used ruin on trapper, huntress and hag so I guess I'm gonna run noed and turn every game into a slug fest/healing simulator when I play them

• Joekillu
    Joekillu Member Posts: 164
    edited January 2020

They're having a lot of issues. Also there devs are just as bad if not worse than our current ones.

• dannyfrog87
    dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 568

i already quit when they messed with nurse. was the nail in the coffin for me .... i dont support the game by playing or financially either .... if others follow suit devs might wake up or open their eyes ... lol

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

I quit the game already, after Nurse time.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Gonna have to start slugging extra hard from now on.

Darn shame.

• VeNoM17
    VeNoM17 Member Posts: 64

Besides I heard escape from tarkov was good:P time to get comment removed xD

• samination
    samination Member Posts: 312

Yes. Stopped using hexes looooong ago. Also, it's better this way as it makes playing survivor tiresome. I still ugh when they have Ruin. So I'm happy.

• DeathBeam
    DeathBeam Member Posts: 259

Time to bring out the Ebony Moris and late game build. I'll bring out a slugging build as well.

• Hex_KillerMainBTW
    Hex_KillerMainBTW Member Posts: 449

I'll most likely stay. Unfortunately, I just won't be able to play as nicely as I'd enjoy doing. That being said, hopefully the devs will make some changes to ruin by making it a perk that'll be a normal perk instead of it being easily deactivated. Because we know survivors aren't going to care and just destroy it anyways. Why wouldn't that?

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

Done, uninstalled, and moved on to the new CoD. It was a good 2 and a half year run, but it's ending now. I think they literally wanna kill there game now. I can't make any other sense of their decision.

• Hex_KillerMainBTW
    Hex_KillerMainBTW Member Posts: 449

Unfortunately, even if you do sweat as a killer and get say a 4K within 5 minutes or less, you won't get a pip. You'll barely even gain any points, I got a 4K as ghost face within about 5 minutes and only got 12kish points and actually de-piped.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

I was already taking a break from Dbd, but with ruin nerfs I'm not returning. Not because of the ruin changes but simply because these killer nerfs are gonna continue until either survivors are satisfied or until the killer community dies.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,114

The problem with this is that usually the ones getting punished are the solo survivors who are already having a miserable time. I play survivor and killer about equally, and I pretty much hate playing survivor. It's 90% a miserable experience. I usually go in, screw around, and die on my first hook because I can't do the button mashing crap in second state right now.

I don't know why anyone other than SWF play this game, sometimes. Killer is stressful unless you meme around and solo survivor is misery.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

I'm just going to play survivor only. I won't touch killer ever again if these changes go live (we all know it most likely will).

• LordEmrich
    LordEmrich Member Posts: 258

Course I'm staying. Where else would I go? Identity V gets my attention as well but other than that there's nothing to replace Dead by Daylight. That and I'm not a trash Killer. 😉

• KrazyAce13
    KrazyAce13 Member Posts: 330
    edited January 2020

nope and not because of the ruin change but because of the imbalance of the game in general and the blatant survivor biased by the author of these dev notes, honestly after that and they stay its all on them from here on. I'm a ps4 player and it so tiring hearing all the crying about the game from pc players, do me a favor jump on ps4 and go see how fun killer is.

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828
    edited January 2020

Usually when I take breaks from DBD it's because i'm exhausted from others' behavior.. never because of nerfs.

I like Doctor as he is, and I'm rank 1 killer.. he entertains me. I'll see if that's still the case post update.. but the 60 second cooldown sounds garbage.

Ruin nerf.. I'll have to see if it's just a constant gen rush fest (as i won't bother wasting a perk slot on it) and if it is, i'll probably stop playing for a while. Quick matches are not fun. Being looped at 20 safe pallets and being told "just pressure gens" is not fun nor logical.

Lery's map rework was unnecessary when there are much worse maps.

We'll see.. I've actually played more & consistently the last few months than any other time since 2017.. but I didn't care for the Spirit and Nurse nerfs, the Freddy addon stealth nerf was lame.. and this next update just continues a pretty obvious pattern. If the game is more miserable for killers why should they play?

• KrazyAce13
    KrazyAce13 Member Posts: 330

do you not care about the blatant bias? its just getting worse and worse as the year goes on. to each there own i guess i'm guessing i will be seeing you in 6 months wondering why you stuck around when it is so obvious these devs dont give a ######### about anything other than new player money.

• LordEmrich
    edited January 2020

Do I care? Meh. The game is fun if you choose to have fun with it. The devs have shown they only give a damn about what the Survivors want and that's not going to change. Moaning and complaining about it won't change anything. You either play and learn to deal with it as I have or you go play something else. I do pretty well even with the devs trying to make it as easy as possible for the Survivors. I kinda enjoy the challenge.

At the end of the days it's their game and they can do as they wish. They'll eventually kill off the entire Killer community and there won't be anyone for the Survivors to play against. Maybe they'll make a Dead by Daylight 2 and not screw it up so much.

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

Monster Hunter World, Iceborne, hits PC in 3 days and that was going to cause me to take a hiatus from any other virtual presence for a while. I play both sides but prefer killer, so I guess I’m out, but it’s more coincidence than actual rage. I didn’t use Ruin, I certainly won’t use it after the gutting. Doc sounds like an overall nerf, especially if the leaks are accurate, which just hits an already weak killer, but...unfortunately I can’t say I’m shocked.

• Lanterns
    Lanterns Member Posts: 83

It's a shame. I wanted to try out and learn more Killers after Legion got gutted, but this took what little wind was left out of my sails. It really feels like the Devs only care about the Survivor side. It's undeniable, just look at those notes.

Won't bother with the PTB. It's obvious they've ######### up bad. SO...

My game plan: Spend all my moris and say goodbye to Killer. After that, I might meme around with an SWF for a bit and then leave when the lobby waits inevitably get unbearable. I got other games on the backburner I've been meaning to try out.

• ShereKhan
    ShereKhan Member Posts: 4

I will give it a try and see how bad it is. If horribly bad I will play survivor I have DBD urge. I don't understand in an asymmetrical game all the power given to the side with the higher numbers. The best thing BHVR can do is adjust the scoring for Killer to make it similar to survivor so killer can be just as brain dead to play.

• hanys94
    hanys94 Member Posts: 8

I was thinking about leaving dbd long time ago since im a console player but after this changes im definietely leaving.2,4k hours of playing,nearly 6k kills but lets be honest devs are completely incompetence-its been nearly one year since they promises us a 60fps experience and yet the killer side is around 25-30 fps while survivors play on some maps around 50 fps,they only care about survivor side and its kinda funny because as a killer i have the lobby imidiatelly and as a survivor i have to wait average 5 mins to join the lobby and at least one or two times the killer left and again have to wait 5mins to join someone.They cannot fix matchmaking? Hell,lets hide the ranks! Isnt that hillarious? Playing without ruin is possible but only for a killers like Hillbilly,Spirit or eventually Freddy but its boring to play with the same killers over and over again but what about the other killers? Do devs actually awared that most of the killers dont like to use ruin but its neccessary? Ruin anyway was not so op because it was lottery-it can help you because its hidded good or its can make you weaker because it can be cleansed very fast and you have to play the rest of the trial with 3 perks. I like this game so much,spending a lot of time,spend so much money for dlcs but this is enough for me,im not saying completely good bye for the game because im gonna still checking forum,hoping that they balanced the game and bring us,the consoles players 60fps.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Yes i do plan to stay

Atleast untill i actually have played with the changes to reach a conclusion

People are overreacting as usual on something they haven't even played with

• LordEmrich

Yea I. I'm hoping Last Year comes to Xbox. That game looks like what Dead by Daylight should've been. I've watched Monto and Ohm completely obliterate the Students or whatever they're called in like 5 minutes. Something that should've been possible in this game.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 902

I think you mean make yourself as miserable as possible before you quit the game. I've seen you post many times before about taking your frustrations out on other people. I hope you find some peace in life and realize this is just a game.

• JC316
    JC316 Member Posts: 693

I'm quit peaceful, thanks. Yes, I did at first, but then I started playing nice....No more... Ruin was the last straw, so I'm going nuclear before I hit the door.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,179

I've already been weaning myself off of Ruin on most killers. I main Hag without Ruin and had a 3 game stretch tonight where survivors completed 5 gens total at rank 1. It's not impossible to play without Ruin by any means. Just get used to using Corrupt Intervention and Pop.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

Yes, I'm staying. As a Trapper main, I like the change to the Gatekeeper emblem. Not sure on Hex Ruin yet, but if it plays out as it reads, it could really snowball matches for a killer with my playstyle. I like to keep pressure on the field and not allow any one survivor to occupy my time.

I think the change to Ruin will really hurt low level killers who rely on ruin to cripple low level survivors . That said, it might force some of those who only camp to learn a different style.

As with everything, I'll wait to see how this impacts the game.

• Konnor24
    Konnor24 Member Posts: 184
    edited January 2020

Im probably done with killer now. Its already an endless gen rush at red ranks for me. If i start off the other side of the map to them 1-2 gens get done within the time i can usually get across the other side unless its a small map. From then on its just gen rushing non stop. Even when i get a 4k i dont feel satisfied with the games anymore. I dont think i belong in red ranks but its just too easy to rank up now. DBD doesnt align you with a skill level. It just makes it easier to rank up so the people who play more get to red ranks whereas the people who play casually stay lower.

Ill still play SWF with friends. But killer is over for me for now due to the nerfs and stupid pointless changes. Im all for a ruin/gen time rework tbf but they just shoot themselves in the foot time and time again.

Im also a 50/50 player. Im not a killer main, not a survivor main, i play both equally. Its just a shame all other games similar to dbd are trash. Hide or die i had high hopes for but that let me down. DBD is a game focused around killers and yet its way more stressful to play most killers than a survivor.

So yeah, im probably done. I also enjoyed doctor aswell. Both playing him and against him. I feel hes such a unique killer. But alas, anything unique in this game has to be taken away cause people want it to be easy so they can run around bullying killers.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Yeah, I'll be around. Maybe not putting in the same hours, but yeah, I'll stay

• BastardKing
    BastardKing Member Posts: 784

I am mostly out. I was a hardcore achievement hunter, I had a David with every perk, and had most killers at P3, and half with every perk. But after this, the game just isn't fun, and I am realizing it isn't going to be.

I am a switch player, but focus killer, because the power options meant that each game could be different. I don't like survivor as much because generators are not very interactive. It was a hold M1 simulator. But this month, I accidentally got to red rank survivor. I play survivor casually. It has just gotten so easy, that getting to red ranks, baring a team that is really bad, is almost guaranteed at my skill level.

For killer, where I used to be a red rank, I am now at most rank 4, despite considerably more experience and skill with killer. I play harder, try harder, know more, but the simple fact is, for a role that is supposed to punish survivor mistakes, they can make a lot of mistakes, and there is nothing I can do. But one mistake by me can end it.

It sucks, cause I really liked The Rift and the Archives and all that, but I am out. I might play the occasional game, but there are better options at this point, and I am just not enjoying the game anymore.

I only use Ruin on killers with set up. While it makes the games last longer, I felt that the lack of interaction on my part made it boring, unless it was to set traps as Trapper or Hag, or get spend some time in the bushes as my favorite stalky boi. But I can't deny what I read; the devs do not care about killers. That is why they nerf perfectly viable killers that long time players have no issues with. That is why those Dev notes were very clearly written to only benefit survivors, without once mentioning any positive opinion of the killers. I am out. SWFs already takes forever. This is going to make it worse. And I no longer enjoy killer.

• DeKillerKiller
    DeKillerKiller Member Posts: 547

I may still play the game from time to time, but not to the extent that I used to.

There are other games that are just more fun for me to play right now. Like LEGO Batman 2.

• Konnor24
    Konnor24 Member Posts: 184

This is 100% correct. Had a 14 minute queue to get into a game tonight at rank 2, with friends who were 1-3. Then a 11 minute queue with a rank 1 friend, rank 16 and Rank 10.

Needs to be more incentive to play a killer.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

Why in God's green Earth would I leave the game over 01 perk being changed?

• adsads123123123123
    adsads123123123123 Member Posts: 1,078

Yes. I just will not play low to mid tier killers anymore.

• FregglesFred
    FregglesFred Member Posts: 317

It's not the Ruin that really upsets me, it's the fact that they are changing things that aren't needing to be changed.

The real issues are here, and they don't seem to know it. So, yes. After this patch, I'm gone. They lost a customer, unfortunately.

• Machy619
    Machy619 Member Posts: 23

If the ruin changes go through I'm not staying. I'd prefer to play a game where I can actually have fun

• BabyBubbaMain
    BabyBubbaMain Member Posts: 97

Agreed. Also your PFP reminds me of the last thing that was genuinely fun in this game, which was Oni. But Ofcourse, killers aren’t allowed to have fun so they immediately nerfed him. Sad

• Leyoyo
    Leyoyo Member Posts: 105

Don't think so just gonna play survivors since it s soooo easy maybe gonna add bot to add even more queue time for them

• NullSp3c
    NullSp3c Member Posts: 765
    edited January 2020

I dont have that problem with legion, specifically, because he has really good chaser and malicious emblems. But if youre playing plague good luck reaching red ranks.

Actually legion is the most rewarding killer in terms of emblems, if you do good, you can get a double pip with long games.

So many things are broken with this game now and the devs refuse to do the right changes and to listen to the right people: AKA streamers/people that play dbd for a living anf just do thr changrs that they want (90% of them survivor sided).

Many people say that the ds change was a nerf, which i disagree. Old ds could br juggled, no obsrssions couldnt proc it 80% of the time or more, enduring affected it and the duration was almost half of the new one. A nerf transformed into a buff really quickly, even tho it is active only 60 seconds at once, those 60 seconds were thr time that the old one procced on one guy if you juggled.

• helix43
    helix43 Member Posts: 180

Nope. Before the update goes live I'm gonna use all my moris and play as toxic as possible. Then I'm gonna find another game to play. Time to show survivors what going against an actual frustrating killer is like.

• cap10team0
    cap10team0 Member Posts: 3

Im staying cuz I already did a no ruin no pop challenge with the wraith might as well

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

I support removing the most anti-fun perk in the game, so I shall be staying as a killer main.

• Oshi
    Oshi Member Posts: 306

They nerf ruin without decreasing repair speed. I leave. 

• epyon
    epyon Member Posts: 78

I will stay. Just stop playing low-mid tier killers and keep running the sweatiest builds. Waiting for corrupt intervention, mori and slugs to be nerfed next though...