The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Killers, are you staying?

13»

Comments

• ELECTRIK_VISION
    ELECTRIK_VISION Member Posts: 42

I play both sides and i will see how it goes but if it gets too bad I’ll probably just run noed and ebony mori for when I’m bored of survivor or want to have a bit of fun/blow off some steam.

• ColaGhost
    ColaGhost Member Posts: 36

Naaaah, Good old huntress is so map dependant, there's not a real reason to be nerfed. Which is a shame cause Huntress is my pet killer.

Though I'd imagine if people started picking up Hex: lullaby that'll get windmill slammed with a nerf.

• HexMoriMeMommy
    HexMoriMeMommy Member Posts: 192

I'm burning through my 200ish Ebony Mori's right now then I'm uninstalling.

• HexMoriMeMommy
    HexMoriMeMommy Member Posts: 192

The doctor is worse off, I have a friend who is Rank 1 with him and she is quitting if the projected changes go through.

• Seegson
    Seegson Member Posts: 48

I'm playing as a mad grit, agitation, iron grasp, corrupt intervention drill pig in the red ranks. I couldn't care less for the ruin change. To be honest, i stopped caring after the first thousand of hours spent in this game.

• I uninstalled this weekend once I realized I barely played 2 hours of the whole bloodunt. 1500 hours in and I'm done with dbd. It's not fun anymore. Survivors is boring to play and killer is way too damn stressful and honestly not worth it to have even a slither of fun. Tired of the nastiness every 3rd match when play with or against killer fro the players. And now this big debacle was just the icing on the cake. Way outta left field. I feel sorry for the survivors and the 15+ que times that are slowly getting higher. But hey, brought it on yourselves

• JackaloMoss
    JackaloMoss Member Posts: 27

If nothing changes to make killer better to play, no. I play both survivor and killer pretty equally at red ranks, but there's no point playing either now.

Killer is frustrating and annoying to play, and will obviously be even worse after this change.

Survivor is boring, not just because it's stupidly easy but also because I have to wait about 15 minutes for a game.. And obviously again, both will be even worse after this change.

• Runcore
    Runcore Member Posts: 328

Im thinking about this game more and more and dont know if I should stay or better buy RDR2 and bury DBD. Im investing almost every evening to playing DBD, trying new builds (as killer), but I feel that this game is very survivor sided. Bad that I have bought all killers and unlocked almost all perks. If I know that game is developing this way I will not invest money. If there is refund option after these nerfes, BHVR will be refunding so much money and reconsider twice every "nerf" they do.

I was suggesting ideas how balance game and add more fun objectives here https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/suggestions but instead of reading opinions of killers players and moving game towards better experience for BOTH sides, BHVR is making only changes in survivors favor (or at least I see it as 85% of nerfs are against killers). i cannot believe my own eyes when I was reading developer notes. My friend sitting next to me (not player of DBD) read it as well and told that this patch is headed against killers. We are discussing about this game and we share opinion that killers are unfairly gutted by game developers.

Lets have a look on dev notes:

Doc:

"He's been a polarizing figure since his release, and we felt it was time to revisit his kit with an eye to making it less frustrating to play against him."

"It's the lack of action needed on the part of The Doctor to find nearby Survivors that makes it feel annoying to play against."

"One last thing we've addressed is the frustration of using Snap Out Of It to drop from Madness level III to Madness level II."

Ruin:

"We took a close look at the perk to identify what makes it so frustrating to play against."

As we see game is balance around survivors. Personaly I dont play Ruin so it will have no effect on me but still game is getting harder for killers. And must say that "balancing" game around 20 rank survivors is nonsense. Game should be balance around mid to high ranks, around players that knows basics of game. This is another great mistake that is BHVR doing. Killers are too "frustrated" and some survivor perks are annoying to play "against" and nothing is done.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

I think the obvious answer is to remove killers from the game. Just let survivors repair gens and leave. Rename the game as Mechanic simulator. Sounds like a fun game right!?

• SadLegion
    SadLegion Member Posts: 222

I quit already. The buggy chapter 14 release with infinite loading screens, cash grab for oni with a follow up severe nerf to his flick that changed him to another trash killer was the final straw. I was waiting for a patch where they promised to bring back his flick and it still not happened 😅. Btw my initial experience with that patch was also Ruined by the lack of Hex:Ruin and i tried to play Oni in red ranks so you can imagine how my games went(usually all gens were done in 5 mins, not very pleasant). Good to see that now everyone will suffer without it i guess XD.

Well what can i say, im surprised about the direction this game is going. Havent seen a game like this yet, where the devs just keep killing the game(almost intentionally), systematically with every patch making game worse and worse.

• Predator3174PL
    Predator3174PL Member Posts: 302

Jokes on you… I already left

• BigAsh123
    BigAsh123 Member Posts: 22

I’m staying because I’m a stubborn person, who for some reason sticks with this game and these devs. I stuck with them throughout 1.9.2 - 1.9.4 (for anyone who doesn’t know early- mid 2018 game was basically broken) as a killer main and will wait to see what these changes bring, and what they do in the future.

• Wesker
    Wesker Member Posts: 339

No, I'm done

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

I'll still play, though instead of just BBQ and Ruin, I'll just use Corrupt and BBQ

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

Yes, as an Insidious Leatherkek.

• beatddb
    beatddb Member Posts: 565

If changes like these keep happening, Dead by daylight is going down to history as how not to develop an asymmetrical game. Hopefully, smarter developers will use this game as an example and improve their own games.

But the (survivor) queues are just starting to get bad, they're not completely unbearable. Which means there's still time to fix the game if they only listened to their community instead of trying a change between 15 employees and liking it themselves.

• RiskyShark
    RiskyShark Member Posts: 19

I play killer most of the time and survivor whenever I’m with friends or just feel like playing it. I’m going to try out the new changes and see how it affects my games and it ruin does absolutely nothing and gens still get done super fast then I’m probably going to play a different game. It’s ridiculous some of the killers abilities are broken like wraiths lunge and you can’t even hear survivors properly in a chase but they don’t address that they just say. “Hmmmm evrbody using ruin must be becuz it op les nerf it and not adres anything killer related becuzz survivors are always at disvantage” it’s just mind boggling how they are almost always in favor of survivors

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

I have already been on a little break from killer. Been trying my hand at survivor. But when I do play killer, doing dailies or getting some bloodpoints, I can only play like 3 games in a row. After that I get burnt and go back to survivor. I am less skilled there but seems less stressful to me.

• prdthijxafo
    prdthijxafo Member Posts: 6

I never used ruin in the first place so I'm staying. (red ranks ps4 just so ya know) I feel like it is a handicap that most killers fall into and I am so happy that I never did.

• DeadVision
    DeadVision Member Posts: 30

Yeah. I've already thought of a new build for Doctor, and even if he's frustrating to play as after this change then I will make sure he's actually frustrating to play against.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

I guess anyone with a different opinion than you is a survivor main? I play Hag and Legion at rank 1 all the time without ruin, and I tend to do just fine and have a great time doing so. The perk's pretty useless against the teams you need slowdown against the most, so why should I even bother with it?

• TapeKnot
    TapeKnot Member Posts: 248

Despite everything, I'm going to keep my hopes up and continue playing the game.

• Hex_KillerMainBTW
    Hex_KillerMainBTW Member Posts: 449

I've reached red ranks previously with Plague. But honestly I think red ranks are just complete and utter trash. All that red ranks are is bragging rights. There's no higher skill difference (some of them can be a lot better players, yes) but for the most part they're the same kind of people I was going against in purple or green ranks. The problem I'm mainly having with the new ruin change is you're going to want to be playing more M1 killers because you won't get any brutality points off of breaking gens. The devs are basically saying "we don't even want you to play with the new ruin."

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

I'm getting close to leaving. I'll give the devs time/ give a few more chances but a new gen starts this year so perfect excuse to move on if things stay bad for killers.

Their choices in 2020 will decide if i stay for 2021 and onward. If the game actually becomes more fun/less toxic as killer i'll gladly stay i love DbD and the community.

• NullSp3c
    NullSp3c Member Posts: 765

I also agree with what youre saying about red ranks. I even posted here asking if afking in matches to derank is bannable or not.

Either way, the devs seem not to understand that and i will rejoin the game if it is still up in the future and i think it is good and MAINLY HEALTHY to play ad both sides. Mainly the killer side.

• Fleece
    Fleece Member Posts: 253

I can't gotta work on TES 6 and half life 3

• Kaiju
    Kaiju Member Posts: 530

Yes since I stopped using Ruin like a year ago so this barely affects me

• BoomBoom420
    BoomBoom420 Member Posts: 10

Idk about community, but I agree that the game is fun

• thenegativone
    thenegativone Member Posts: 254

This is exactly true.. Ruin was only really necessary for killers that take long to set up like trapper and demogorgon

• Fleece
    Fleece Member Posts: 253

I'll stay just to provide my fellow killer Kings and Queens support in these dark times

• RWoodrow
    RWoodrow Member Posts: 270

I haven't seen anything that makes me want to come back to this game yet.

I will be back here to see what changes are made next chapter to see if it's worth my time.

Until then I will be playing a less stressful game like Sekiro.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

I don't have a reason not to

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,131

My friend plays RDR2 / RDO and wishes he'd never bought it because he feels trapped into playing it after spending the money. RDO is riddled with problems: guns are constantly getting nerfed because "realism," the horse doesn't steer properly, the controls are crazy unresponsive. I tried it for a bit and I don't know how he can stand it, it feels like I'm trying to move the character through molasses. You get charged in-game money just for existing, basically. If your horse injures you, you get in trouble because the horse injured someone, even though that someone was you. The game wants you to hunt animals but animals rarely spawn on the map. It loses progress for missions. The game is a real mess.

I share your regret at investing money into DbD. Maybe you'll like RDR2 / RDO, but I just feel I should warn you it's been a pretty big disappointment for the people I know who play it.

• JP_Cloud
    JP_Cloud Member Posts: 173
    edited January 2020

I’m in two minds. The thing with this is it will turn decent killers into a holes. I never camp, tunnel, use Mori or slug. I always let the last player leave if they’ve played well and not been toxic. Now i feel the only way the Devs want me to play is all of the above. It’s clear by their whole post about the changes that they only care about new surv fun, and their loyal main player base that gives them the money on all these passes and cosmetics can all go for a ride.

If i play killer anymore, i’ll be swapping Ruin for NOED. I’ll be slugging the one off the hook ‘to pressure them off gens’ I’ll be using my collection of over 200 moris and i won’t be inclined to let the last one go because why should i work my ass off as killer and the surv can just get the hatch or use a key.

I also gurantee that a lot of surv perks are used 80 percent of games too. But as we have come to realise the devs don’t care. The feedback isn’t listened to as they operate by ‘it’ll blow over soon’ - and it probably will, but theres only so long that people are gonna take how biased these Devs have become.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

Play both sides, probably more Survivor than Killer. Been to Rank 1 multiple times, blah blah blah. Will be playing Killer almost exclusively once this goes live because queue times. Killers get more BP per minute, for me at least, so with the fast queue times (already seeing them btw, legitimately 10-20 seconds queue at most tonight instead of 60-90 seconds at least) I can churn out way more BP than running Survivor in the high purples/reds.

Have Freddy (lv34), Amanda (lv29) and Demogorgon (lv10) to get teachables on and decide if I like their gameplay enough to P3 them. THEN I can finally play Hag, who is my favorite Killer and max her out with all Perks.

I don't use Ruin, ever. It's useless. Even at red ranks it's usefulness was debateable. Anyone who says "it's required" doesn't know how to adapt and use their brain. They're just repeating the same crap everyone has been vomiting forth.

It makes me cringe everytime I come back to the game after a break and see Rank 15 Killers using Ruin and saying "I have to use it because gens get popped too fast". Rank.... 15..... and this is what the Killer community has pounded into their head. Then they get reliant on it, and they are worse overall because of it.

Improvise, adapt, and overcome. I stopped crying about nerfs and balance adjustments after watching Perkless Freddies (old Freddy) 4k SWF teams at Rank 1. It's all in how you play the game, so stop letting it play you.

• Mjra
    Mjra Member Posts: 50

I've been playing since release. A ######### crutch perk getting nerfed isn't going to be enough to get me to quit.