The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Game mechanics that benefit survivors

Hello. I'm new to this game, not new to gaming. I feel ashamed to admit I almost passed on this jewel of a game and would not have played it if it was not recommended to me by a guy thay is addicted to it.

While with friends, playing survivors is very fun. Very exiting. However chances of getting out alive are pretty high.(unless u facing jigsaw for whatever reason)

As a killer, which is what i enjoy the most, i have 2 complaints. I doubt this post will recieve serious attention or will change anything, but is for these to be considered if there ever is a sequel.

As a killer there are 2 things that frustrate me to no end:
1- survivors disconnecting. Whenever i have the upperhand, i notice survivors frequently disconnect. I know there is a report option, but i would prefer a serious penalty for doing this. Example: when you disconnect a second time in 24 hours, you loose 1000 iridecent shards.

2- those RIDICULOUS secret escape doors. Like, the higher my ranking the more poeple i loose to this. It doesnt matter if you go and kill all 3 survivors with all 5 generators unrepaired, there is always some trash easy mode ***hole waiting on this exit tbaging before leaving without nothing to be done.

These trap doors deny killers of whats rightfully theirs.
This is me playing as survivor at low level with some friends. Watch me play like trash and still escape

I would remove these 2 unecessary killer-gimping ideas.
Wanna escape? Do it the right way or die.

My 2 cents.

Comments

• FIEND8LOODED
    FIEND8LOODED Member Posts: 336

Actually the hatch only starts existing after 3 generators, and that's assuming there's 2 people left. 2 generators is the minimum to make it spawn, but it only spawns once it's that last person left. So you shouldn't be having problems if all 5 gens are unrepaired.

• FIEND8LOODED
    FIEND8LOODED Member Posts: 336

To clarify since my initial comment might be a bit confusing: To actually make the hatch visibly spawn unopened the minimum amount of generators you can repair is 3, with 2 survivors alive. And to get it open you have to have a key or you have to be the last one alive, and there has to be 2 generators repaired at the very least. The hatch only spawns once there's 1 or more generators repaired than there are survivors alive, meaning 5 generators makes it spawn with 4 survivors alive, 4 generators to make it spawn for 3, etc.

• King_Checkmate
    King_Checkmate Member Posts: 60

Yeah, i think i noticed that now.
    But What group of survivors cant hack a single generator xD?

• King_Checkmate

• King_Checkmate

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Hatch spawns at N+1 generators, with N being the number of Survivors still in the trial, and opens (by itself) when only one Survivor remains in the trial. Doesn't matter if the rest died or left through the exit.