Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Proposal to solve the hatch problem

Tsulan
Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

My suggestion to solve the whole free escape or hostage situation:

• remove the hatch
  • if there´s only 1 survivor a 5 minute timer starts. While the survivor is doing a gen or in the terror radius or chased, the timer stops.
  • once the timer reached 0 the killer gets every 30 seconds a "ping" showing him the exact position of the survivor (like the doctors scream)
  • gens won´t regress in this phase of the game. But perks still apply.

Comments

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

+1

• Axlegolas
    Axlegolas Member Posts: 43

really? is this thread serious or just trolling? hahaha....let me guess, you are killer main?

• Tsulan

@Axlegolas said:
    really? is this thread serious or just trolling? hahaha....let me guess, you are killer main?

Would you prefer the current system of hatch standoffs until one gets bored?
    Or the PTB system where the survivors take the game hostage, because they didn´t bring a key and can´t be bothered to fix a gen?

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Tsulan said:

@Axlegolas said:

Or the PTB system where the survivors take the game hostage, because they didn´t bring a key and can´t be bothered to fix a gen?

How can they fix a gen? Killers can (proven by stats) patrol much faster than one can complete a gen, and can regress it.

• RSB

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Axlegolas said:

How can they fix a gen? Killers can (proven by stats) patrol much faster than one can complete a gen, and can regress it.

So do not screw up and end alone versus killer and 3 gens to complete. Why killer should be punished for survivor's mistakes?

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

@Tsulan said:

@Axlegolas said:

The reason they 'can't be bothered' to fix a gen, is because they know it will lead to them dying before they get even remotely close to finishing it.

• Jack11803

@RSB said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Axlegolas said:

So do not screw up and end alone versus killer and 3 gens to complete. Why killer should be punished for survivor's mistakes?

It’s the survivor also being punished, for other survivors mistakes. That’s why the hatch is even a thing....

• Jack11803

@Jack11803 said:

@RSB said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Axlegolas said:

It’s the survivor also being punished, for other survivors mistakes. That’s why the hatch is even a thing....

And it’s not punishment, you’re not being stolen from; wait did you think you’re supposed to always kill the 4th person, when for balance sake every game is meant to be 2 kill, 2 escapes?

• RSB

@Jack11803 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@RSB said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Axlegolas said:

And it’s not punishment, you’re not being stolen from; wait did you think you’re supposed to always kill the 4th person, when for balance sake every game is meant to be 2 kill, 2 escapes?

I do not see the mechanic in this game, when the whole team of survivors escapes, then one of them ends up automatically on hook, because we should reward the killer for being bad. Guess why? Because it would be unfair, just like the hatch is.

You are bad? Rank down and play there, where you belong. Do not expect the game to give you 123'rd second chance.

• Jack11803

@RSB said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@RSB said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Axlegolas said:

I do not see the mechanic in this game, when the whole team of survivors escapes, then one of them ends up automatically on hook, because we should reward the killer for being bad. Guess why? Because it would be unfair, just like the hatch is.

You are bad? Rank down and play there, where you belong. Do not expect the game to give you 123'rd second chance.

Solo survivor rate is 30%. That’s a problem right? Balance and logic says that skneothibg needs to be done to bring it closer to 50%

• Jack11803

@Jack11803 said:

@RSB said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@RSB said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Axlegolas said:

Solo survivor rate is 30%. That’s a problem right? Balance and logic says that skneothibg needs to be done to bring it closer to 50%

Also, nice going answering my question with a completely different question? Mind trying again? This time with an answer that’s not a question? The 4th player isn’t given a free escape, the odds are increased due to nothing distracting the killer in regards to other players.

• Tsulan

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Axlegolas said:

Please read my proposal again. I stated that the gens don´t regress during that state of the game.> @ASpazNamedSteve said:

@Tsulan said:

@Axlegolas said:

The reason they 'can't be bothered' to fix a gen, is because they know it will lead to them dying before they get even remotely close to finishing it.

How about you use Left Behind? It really helps with the gen repair time.> @Jack11803 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@RSB said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Axlegolas said:

By that logic, when the first 2 escape, the other 2 instantly die.

• Jack11803

@Tsulan said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Axlegolas said:

Please read my proposal again. I stated that the gens don´t regress during that state of the game.> @ASpazNamedSteve said:

@Tsulan said:

@Axlegolas said:

How about you use Left Behind? It really helps with the gen repair time.> @Jack11803 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@RSB said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Axlegolas said:

By that logic, when the first 2 escape, the other 2 instantly die.

No, not by that logic. Hatch is no where near a gurenteed escape. It exists because as survivor you have to rely on others to share an objective when they could mess up easily.

Killer doesn’t, because they WIN more than 50% even against SWF (developer stats) and most of all...only person they are relying on is them self.

Hatch should be made stronger, and killers should just slug. Thus if last person can hide or evade the killer for long enough, guy bleeds out and they have a CHANCE at escape.

• Tsulan

@Axlegolas said:

Let me guess, you stopped reading after "remove the hatch"

• Tsulan

@Jack11803 said:

No, not by that logic. Hatch is no where near a gurenteed escape. It exists because as survivor you have to rely on others to share an objective when they could mess up easily.

Killer doesn’t, because they WIN more than 50% even against SWF (developer stats) and most of all...only person they are relying on is them self.

Hatch should be made stronger, and killers should just slug. Thus if last person can hide or evade the killer for long enough, guy bleeds out and they have a CHANCE at escape.

You don´t want another slug meta. Believe me, that would be the worst thing for survivors.
    Why does the losing team deserve a "win"? They failed to do their only objective. They are 4 people which can do all 5 gens in 3 minutes or less. Why do they deserve a free escape, when they failed miserably on that simple job?

• Jack11803

@Tsulan said:

@Jack11803 said:

You don´t want another slug meta. Believe me, that would be the worst thing for survivors.
    Why does the losing team deserve a "win"? They failed to do their only objective. They are 4 people which can do all 5 gens in 3 minutes or less. Why do they deserve a free escape, when they failed miserably on that simple job?

Because it’s not free...it’s never been free. Stop saying it’s free.

Honestly what they should do is just have a purple key in the basement every game.

• Tsulan

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Jack11803 said:

Honestly what they should do is just have a purple key in the basement every game.

Of course it´s free. I have had tons of matches both as survivor and as killer, where the guy who escaped through the hatch had only 9 or 10.000 BPs. He didn´t earn that escape, he sure as hell didn´t help his team. He just found the hatch and camped a nearby locker.

• Kiores
    Kiores Member Posts: 34

@Tsulan said:

Excuse me, but a "win" in this game is entirely subjective, a win for me is when I get over 14k bloodpoints before I die as survivor, or at least get ONE kill as killer, because you see, a killer game isn't nowhere near getting a 4k, your job as the killer isn't to kill 4 people and go on to the next round, your job as the killer is to prolong and sacrifice the survivors, and the hatch close is one of the nicest mechanics I've tried as a killer, and even if I couldn't close the hatch there is no such thing as hatch standoff if you learn all the hatch locations, first there gets it, don't mope over a single survivor getting away, as the game is build to have 1-2 survivors get away per game.

• Queen_Shepis
    Queen_Shepis Member Posts: 39

just remove the abilty to grab a survivor while jumping. Problem solved as well

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685
    edited June 2018

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Axlegolas said:

there is an acheivement for doing this, one must simply git gud.
    Also no flipping duh a killer can patrol gens faster...they only...Move faster...
    Stats not even needed.

Post edited by AlexAnarchy on
  • weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Axlegolas said:

There is an achievement call Left for Dead for completing the last gen and getting out through the gate, hatch isn't an option. I have it. In fact, I repaired 3 gens as the last guy and still got out through the gate.

It's called being stealthy, and not focusing a single gen. If you are able to stealthily move back and forth, you can keep the Killer second guessing your true whereabouts. You can also 99% a gen before the last guy dies to prepare for the event of a hatch closing.

Adapt.

• Jack11803

@weirdkid5 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Axlegolas said:

There is an achievement call Left for Dead for completing the last gen and getting out through the gate, hatch isn't an option. I have it. In fact, I repaired 3 gens as the last guy and still got out through the gate.

It's called being stealthy, and not focusing a single gen. If you are able to stealthily move back and forth, you can keep the Killer second guessing your true whereabouts. You can also 99% a gen before the last guy dies to prepare for the event of a hatch closing.

Adapt.

I’m not the one that needs adapting, I play doctor, I’m just not liking the change due to fairness, and survivor giving up and hiding in some obscure part of the map, entering and exiting a locker to avoid madness and crows.

• JusticeZERO
    JusticeZERO Member Posts: 173

@AlexAnarchy said:
    Also no flipping duh a killer can patrol gens faster...they only...Move faster...

whoa there potty mouth

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685

@JusticeZERO said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

whoa there potty mouth

I know right? I should have my mouth washed out with soap : P

• JusticeZERO
    JusticeZERO Member Posts: 173

@AlexAnarchy said:

@JusticeZERO said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

whoa there potty mouth

I know right? I should have my mouth washed out with soap : P

30 seconds on the hook with a bar of soap in your mouth

• Tsulan

@Jack11803 said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Axlegolas said:

Adapt.

I’m not the one that needs adapting, I play doctor, I’m just not liking the change due to fairness, and survivor giving up and hiding in some obscure part of the map, entering and exiting a locker to avoid madness and crows.

My proposal tries to work around that exact problem. Survivors holding the game hostage, because they can´t get the hatch.

• Jack11803

@Tsulan said:

@Jack11803 said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Axlegolas said:

Adapt.

My proposal tries to work around that exact problem. Survivors holding the game hostage, because they can´t get the hatch.

What I’m saying (not quoting your first words on purpose to be sassy) is survivors, with only gens to do, will still probably do it. I have in fact one of the games I played as survivor, went complete metal gear solid and the killer closed application. Technically I won though, had he not rage quit.

Back to the point, lots of survivors, if not thrown a big enough bone, will choose to hide only. They need to be thrown a “bone” big enough for them to take action, but not as EZ PZ as it used to be.

• Tsulan

@Jack11803 said:

What I’m saying (not quoting your first words on purpose to be sassy) is survivors, with only gens to do, will still probably do it. I have in fact one of the games I played as survivor, went complete metal gear solid and the killer closed application. Technically I won though, had he not rage quit.

Back to the point, lots of survivors, if not thrown a big enough bone, will choose to hide only. They need to be thrown a “bone” big enough for them to take action, but not as EZ PZ as it used to be.

Well, they have 5 minutes to start working on a gen. Otherwise they can hide all they want, since the killer will know their location. The system is fair, since the survivor can still stealth around the map. Slowly starting gens, which won´t be regressed. It would reward stealth game play. But not taking the game hostage.

• Jack11803

@Tsulan said:

@Jack11803 said:

Well, they have 5 minutes to start working on a gen. Otherwise they can hide all they want, since the killer will know their location. The system is fair, since the survivor can still stealth around the map. Slowly starting gens, which won´t be regressed. It would reward stealth game play. But not taking the game hostage.

Although I’d rather use a different method, if yours was used, it’d have to reset the timer, or give a bonus for a gen compleatiin, as it’d get exponentially harder to stealth with less gens to patrol.

Not to mention a repair speed boost would probably help (SEPERATE FROM LEFT BEHIND)

• Tsulan

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

l, they have 5 minutes to start working on a gen. Otherwise they can hide all they want, since the killer will know their location. The system is fair, since the survivor can still stealth around the map. Slowly starting gens, which won´t be regressed. It would reward stealth game play. But not taking the game hostage.

Although I’d rather use a different method, if yours was used, it’d have to reset the timer, or give a bonus for a gen compleatiin, as it’d get exponentially harder to stealth with less gens to patrol.

Not to mention a repair speed boost would probably help (SEPERATE FROM LEFT BEHIND)

They can always equip Left Behind, do several gens up to 99% and switch to the next one. Remember, no gen regression. The timer stops if the survivor works on a gen, if he´s in the terror radius of the killer or if he´s being chased.

• Jack11803

@Tsulan said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

l, they have 5 minutes to start working on a gen. Otherwise they can hide all they want, since the killer will know their location. The system is fair, since the survivor can still stealth around the map. Slowly starting gens, which won´t be regressed. It would reward stealth game play. But not taking the game hostage.

They can always equip Left Behind, do several gens up to 99% and switch to the next one. Remember, no gen regression. The timer stops if the survivor works on a gen, if he´s in the terror radius of the killer or if he´s being chased.

Yes, but I believe if they 99% gens, that’s it’s kinda fine. Left behind is niche AF as it is. It wouldn’t be THAT strong. The max boost it could give during hatch activity is just 75%. Which isn’t really that much for one dude.

At least it’d make the perk actually make a big difference.

• Tsulan

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

Yes, but I believe if they 99% gens, that’s it’s kinda fine. Left behind is niche AF as it is. It wouldn’t be THAT strong. The max boost it could give during hatch activity is just 75%. Which isn’t really that much for one dude.

A few days ago i had a match where i was the last survivor with 4 gens left to do. I managed to 99% 3 gens and when i poped the 4th, the killer catched me. I used Left Behind, and the speed bonus was amazing.
    Escaping that way with Left Behind is not impossible.
    Now with my proposed changes. I probably would have been able to escape.

• Jack11803

@Tsulan said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

A few days ago i had a match where i was the last survivor with 4 gens left to do. I managed to 99% 3 gens and when i poped the 4th, the killer catched me. I used Left Behind, and the speed bonus was amazing.
    Escaping that way with Left Behind is not impossible.
    Now with my proposed changes. I probably would have been able to escape.

Yup it’s not. Which is good.

• Axlegolas

@Tsulan said:

@Axlegolas said:

Let me guess, you stopped reading after "remove the hatch"

Nope, read also the rest of the nonsense

• Axlegolas

@Tsulan said:

Of course it´s free. I have had tons of matches both as survivor and as killer, where the guy who escaped through the hatch had only 9 or 10.000 BPs. He didn´t earn that escape, he sure as hell didn´t help his team. He just found the hatch and camped a nearby locker.

Again another killer thinking this game base mechanic is to survive as group. this game is not meant to be a team game (devs postet it several times). all survivors are individuals!! if someone lasts long enough to escape through a hatch, this swf did his job. there are not only swf groups out there but also randoms. groups are bad for killers, sure but on mid to high ranks as random swf your survival chance is about under 20% WITH hatch right now.
    btw you have to do at least 2 gens to escape as swf through the hatch. have you ever done a gen on a 1vs1 with 4 gens? even 4 gens are hard enough but doing 1 out of 3 is nearly impossible. i tested it several times with different groups and killers. even Left Behind won't help you. i don't get why they changed the hatch at all. this new version is just stupid and brings (even) more toxic to the game. without closing the hatch, killers would have 3 kills at least because hatch only opens for the last swf. so that's why i was wondering if this thread is serious.

• Tsulan

@Axlegolas said:

Again another killer thinking this game base mechanic is to survive as group. this game is not meant to be a team game (devs postet it several times). all survivors are individuals!! if someone lasts long enough to escape through a hatch, this swf did his job. there are not only swf groups out there but also randoms. groups are bad for killers, sure but on mid to high ranks as random swf your survival chance is about under 20% WITH hatch right now.
    btw you have to do at least 2 gens to escape as swf through the hatch. have you ever done a gen on a 1vs1 with 4 gens? even 4 gens are hard enough but doing 1 out of 3 is nearly impossible. i tested it several times with different groups and killers. even Left Behind won't help you. i don't get why they changed the hatch at all. this new version is just stupid and brings (even) more toxic to the game. without closing the hatch, killers would have 3 kills at least because hatch only opens for the last swf. so that's why i was wondering if this thread is serious.

Rank 1 survivor here.
    Your argument is basically, that if someone manages to hide in a locker until the rest of the team dies, he has the right to get the hatch.
    On a normal match, the first 2 gens are done by the time the killer has downed the first survivor.
    Left behind has the biggest bonus, the more gens are still unrepaired. Yes, i was in a similar situation. 4 gens to do, only one alive. I did 3 gens to 99% and when i poped the 4th one, the killer got me.
    I wasn´t mad because i didn´t get my free escape. Since i got enough BPs and Emblems to pip without surviving.

Oh and here´s a link to my profile
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197986209573/

• Axlegolas

@Tsulan said:

Rank 1 survivor here.
    Your argument is basically, that if someone manages to hide in a locker until the rest of the team dies, he has the right to get the hatch.
    On a normal match, the first 2 gens are done by the time the killer has downed the first survivor.
    Left behind has the biggest bonus, the more gens are still unrepaired. Yes, i was in a similar situation. 4 gens to do, only one alive. I did 3 gens to 99% and when i poped the 4th one, the killer got me.
    I wasn´t mad because i didn´t get my free escape. Since i got enough BPs and Emblems to pip without surviving.

Rank 1 means nothing, enough Rank 1 swf with no skills. that's not an evidence of beeing right.

another point why your seggestion is bad: how long will those games take? it's surely not wanted by the devs that a game will last about 30-45 minutes until the last one got his gens. a progress reset stop is technically nonsense. what about hitting the gens by the killer? shouldn't they be able to reset progress? another disadvantage for killers which leads to more and more sensless mimimimi. maybe you are right, maybe not. but your seggestion is obviously not playable for many reasons. the "hatch problem" will never be solved. the devs should let the hatch be hatch and don't change it anyways. how it is right now, it is good, but closing it, is almost a free kill (as you said, you got 99% and got caught).

• Axlegolas

@Queen_Shepis said:
    just remove the abilty to grab a survivor while jumping. Problem solved as well

i agree

• Jack11803

@Tsulan said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Jack11803 said:

Not talking about getting to hatch phase, I’m talking about atually getting the hatch. If it’s free, that’d mean the second to last guy dies, and the killer does NOTHING to stop the last guy. You can find him (reall easy with BBQ), already know where the hatch is, camp it or search, you can do many things. And most people complain about the standoff, if that’s the problem it’s entirely their fault. Both parties have the power to end the standoff, if they don’t like it, just hit/jump

• Tsulan

@Axlegolas said:

@Tsulan said:

Rank 1 survivor here.

Rank 1 means nothing, enough Rank 1 swf with no skills. that's not an evidence of beeing right.

another point why your seggestion is bad: how long will those games take? it's surely not wanted by the devs that a game will last about 30-45 minutes until the last one got his gens. a progress reset stop is technically nonsense. what about hitting the gens by the killer? shouldn't they be able to reset progress? another disadvantage for killers which leads to more and more sensless mimimimi. maybe you are right, maybe not. but your seggestion is obviously not playable for many reasons. the "hatch problem" will never be solved. the devs should let the hatch be hatch and don't change it anyways. how it is right now, it is good, but closing it, is almost a free kill (as you said, you got 99% and got caught).

What part of the 5 minute timer didn´t you understand?

• Tsulan

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Jack11803 said:

Not talking about getting to hatch phase, I’m talking about atually getting the hatch. If it’s free, that’d mean the second to last guy dies, and the killer does NOTHING to stop the last guy. You can find him (reall easy with BBQ), already know where the hatch is, camp it or search, you can do many things. And most people complain about the standoff, if that’s the problem it’s entirely their fault. Both parties have the power to end the standoff, if they don’t like it, just hit/jump

That´s why they should completely remove the hatch. It just rewards the losing team with a free win.
    Or would you like it, if all 4 survivors are about to escape and the last survivor automatically ends on the hook?

• Axlegolas
    edited June 2018

@Tsulan said:

i understood, but i think it is technically a stupid suggestion, that's it. so again trolling others with different opinion, nice :)

• Axlegolas

@Tsulan said:
    That´s why they should completely remove the hatch. It just rewards the losing team with a free win.
    Or would you like it, if all 4 survivors are about to escape and the last survivor automatically ends on the hook?

team? what team? you don't get it after all...
    yep i would like it when 4 survivors could escape, means you are bad as killer. no need to complain about the hatch then^^

• Tsulan

@Axlegolas said:

@Tsulan said:

team? what team? you don't get it after all...
    yep i would like it when 4 survivors could escape, means you are bad as killer. no need to complain about the hatch then^^

There´s the killer team and the survivor team.
    Team red and team blue.

Or call it sides.
    So i ask again: would you like it, if all 4 survivors are about to escape and the last survivor automatically ends on the hook?

• Tsulan

@Axlegolas said:

@Tsulan said:

i understood, but i think it is technically a stupid suggestion, that's it. so again trolling others with different opinion, nice :)

Not trolling, but a 5 minute timer would not lead to a 35-40 minute game (that´s the point of a timer)

• Axlegolas
    edited June 2018

@Tsulan said:

• once the timer reached 0 the killer gets every 30 seconds a "ping" showing him the exact position of the survivor (like the doctors scream)

your timer doesn't end the game automatically. pls read your own suggestion. before trolling others..
    and again, what about the killers and the ability to reset gen progress by hitting the gens? or doesn't they have this possibility? i can see many, many killers complaining about this stupid suggestion...just more toxic and mimimi, good work.

• Axlegolas

@Tsulan said:
    Team red and team blue.

Or call it sides.
    So i ask again: would you like it, if all 4 survivors are about to escape and the last survivor automatically ends on the hook?

killer team, eh? haha...

so i answer again:

@Axlegolas said:

• Tsulan

@Axlegolas said:

@Tsulan said:

your timer doesn't end the game automatically. pls read your own suggestion. before trolling others..
    and again, what about the killers and the ability to reset gen progress by hitting the gens? or doesn't they have this possibility? i can see many, many killers complaining about this stupid suggestion...just more toxic and mimimi, good work.

If the killer just stands afk instead of going for the ping, then yes, the game can take a while until the survivor opens the gate.

• Tsulan

@Axlegolas said:

@Tsulan said:
    Team red and team blue.

Or call it sides.

killer team, eh? haha...

so i answer again:

@Axlegolas said:

So if the killer does 3 kills, it means the survivors are bad and shouldn´t be rewarded with the free escape. Thx for confirming.

• Axlegolas

maybe i don't understand right, but you wrote something else...:

@Tsulan said:
    would you like it, if all 4 survivors are about to escape...

doesn't make sense to me, sry...

and you didn't answer my question, so again:
    what about the killers and the ability to reset gen progress by hitting the gens? or doesn't they have this possibility? what is your great solution to this issue?