What is your biggest flaw as a player

Options

Time for some self awareness, what would your biggest flaw as a player be in this game

For me as a killer: my accuracy of my attacks, i tend to be way to eager with my swings and miss hits i really shouldn't be missing

As a survivor: my poor reaction speed. Pallets that are normally safe often are unsafe for me cause i have the reaction speed of a dead cat

Comments

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,718
    Options

Right now, as killer, I feel like I can't track for crap. After a few weeks of not playing I'm just completely out of practice. I've also never been good at dealing with loops. I've watched videos on how to handle the killer shack, and I always forget and feel like a fool if the survivor does anything other than immediately drop the god pallet.

As a survivor, I suck at chases. I suck at judging speed vs distance and things like that, so being able to tell if I can make it to a pallet... nuh-uh. I need to get better at thinking during a chase and recognizing opportunities to break LoS and juke the killer.

I watch videos of survivor gameplay and I see them get hit and then they get to a pallet and are able to keep the killer busy... whenever I get hit it seems like I get downed before I can make it to any pallet. The almost inevitable result of me getting hit is ending up on the ground a few seconds later. If I'm able to keep a killer busy in a chase, there's basically no question I'm up against a rank 18 or worse.

And of course when I'm killer it seems like the survivor road-runners halfway across the map when I hit them. -_- Feels bad, man.

• Danielgdp3
    Danielgdp3 Member Posts: 452
    Options

Survivor General is my fait in teammates.

My Survivor skill weakness is an inability to be stealthy.

Killer would be my lack of variety I tend to only play 3-4 different Killers because whenever I branch out it doesn't go as well/isn't as fun.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293
    Options

Trash at reading scratch marks in a chase that has Los blockers I either can't read them or I follow them and they lead nowhere

• TheGameZpro3
    TheGameZpro3 Member Posts: 699
    edited January 2020
    Options

For Survivor: I try to look back in chases (like ya should), but I just can't keep but running into stuff nearly every time I do so. I'm so far ahead in chases, but without realizing, I'm running into a wall and then I get hit. Heck, sometimes not even looking back, I run into walls.

For Killer: I just can't hit the survivors.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

Ha that happens constantly for me too

Looking behind me to see what the killer does and then realise i ran into a dead end or a wall

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

Tracking for Killer. Running at higher ranks for Survivors.

I can run lower rank killers, even with underpowered perks and NO EXHAUSTION, but at higher games and with a Blendette skin and Sprint burst/Spine Chill, I still struggle in chase.

As for tracking, it's more initial finding of targets and somewhat keeping a chase.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options

As Survivor I'm overly aggressive and greedy with my pallets.

As killer I have trouble keeping a snowball, but I use perks to help with that. I use Infectious Fright, Devour, BBQ, and STBFL.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100
    Options

Not being able to carry 3 idiots who have one job in a standard match.

• Xerge
    Xerge Member Posts: 928
    Options

My biggest flaw was playing killer without using map offerings.

• RPGWolfGamer23
    RPGWolfGamer23 Member Posts: 126
    Options

Survivor: My alturism isn't the best (unless I have a challenge or ritual for it).

Killer: Sometimes I swing too early and I sometimes lose survivors way too easily.

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    Options

I suck at reading killer movement, so I can’t last long in chase unless the killer doesn’t manipulate their stain.

I also run into walls too easily, surprised my Jane doesn’t have a few bruises from that.

• jinxykinz
    jinxykinz Member Posts: 91
    Options

As killer, when there are like three survivors nearby, I find it hard to decide who to chase. Then I get frustrated when I happen to pick the one with sprint burst or the rank 2 who’s a looping god. This leads me to get slash-happy and I swing too often and too early, and the survivor gets away.

As survivor, I’m that teammate who does too many unsafe hook rescues because I didn’t look around enough to know that ghost face was staring at me the whole time. I’m sorry, guys, I’m working on it...

• xCarrie
    xCarrie Member Posts: 982
    Options

Survivor: too greedy with loops, i’ll think I can make it but end up messing up.

Killer: too sympathetic. If a survivor gives up or tries to open the door after I hit them I just can’t help but let them live even if I need a challenge. 😔

• Groxiverde
    Groxiverde Member Posts: 767
    Options

As killer. when I commit to a chase I usually never stop chasing the survivor until I catch him unless he goes to an infinite. I'm a bit stubborn. This cost me games, but I really enjoy outplaying good survivors.

As survivor, the killer always gets a super ez first hit on me. Probably I need to position myself better when reparing gens.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396
    Options

As a survivor?

I can’t make chases last due to being in able to loop. I have an issue with my ulnar nerve in my left arm, which hinders the use of my left hand, so it makes controlling my character a little more difficult than it would others.

This also makes it difficult for me to face stealth killers since I rely on spotting them before they spot me. Sometimes, when I’m urban evading towards a middle gen at the start of the match (because survivors insist on starting with edge gens and saving the hardest for last) I’ll actually walk right into a Ghostface and just clam up. Sometimes my twerking and head shaking causes them to show mercy, sometimes they shakes their heads no and have their way with me.

As a killer,

Its very hard to find immersive players. I learned not to chase the survivors that want me to chase them, but sometimes I have no choice because their teammates are practically invisible, which is why I spent the shards for the Doctor. I didn’t like playing him so I got Plague, and I have to say, infectious fright is fun.

Also, I tend to tunnel the second survivors get 3 gens. They usually go by so fast, I feel like I don’t have a better choice.

• Plaquer
    Plaquer Member Posts: 197
    Options

As a survivor: I'm too overconfident, I've had many situations where my aggressive play style has forced me to 1 for 1 someone on the hook or cause the killer to camp. This also leads to me dying quite early fairly often, leaving my teammates a player down fairly early

As a Killer: My aim is very jittery at times, and I tend to sometimes switch targets too often, leading to survivors not really being pressured, I also focus a lot on chases so finding hiding survivors and tracking scratch marks can be a struggle

• goat10em
    goat10em Member Posts: 749
    Options

That is the worst. Feel the killer is going to mind game so you do a counter mind game only to run right into the killer because they didn't mind game at all lol. I sit there yelling YOU WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO THAT!! lol

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Killer: finding immersed survivors (blendettes who use yamaoka offerings, I hate you all so much)

Survivor: suicidal altruism, even as a solo

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

As a Survivor: I am, usually, really bad at loops and running the Killer around.

As a Killer: I use to play Killer regularly but after a while I started getting anxiety and over-stressed so I avoid playing it now even though I would like to play it from time to time.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142
    Options

As a survivor, I play far too risky. I play the pallet or vault loops too hard and too loose and it ends up costing me. I find the chase the most thrilling part of the survivor game and encourage it too much. Probably why I rarely hit purple or red ranks as survivor.

As a killer, I mindgame myself too much and will lose survivors in chase. I try to out think survivors and end up over thinking my next move or route and screw myself. I need to rely on my experience and instinct. I never do though.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    edited January 2020
    Options

Being too nice will always lead to the other side 'getting away with one'.

Also whenever I give survivor the pity hatch it's always the highest ranked survivor getting it and never the one rank 19.

• Kotobelka
    Kotobelka Member Posts: 14
    Options

Surv: I can't loop :(

Killer: I get too mad and don't stop the chases

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    edited January 2020
    Options

Survivor: Getting too hesitant, or not finding good tiles for loops, sometimes I'll have no where to go so I'll loop the same pallet, they try to mindgame it and I lose my cool and jump the pallet into their lovely arms.

Killer: I sometimes play too nice, I leave a BMing Survivor slugged or give them second chances because I feel bad about tunneling or sacrificing them too early.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210
    Options

As a survivor,I get too stressed and missplay some loops.

As killer,I make the wrong decisions when it comes to generator patrol. I could end a Chase just to kick a gen with overcharge

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,762
    Options

Running straight into the killers power when I knew it was coming hell ive ran straight into non darkened traps when I knew it was there

• Gam1ngga5tly
    Gam1ngga5tly Member Posts: 129
    Options

As killer: half of the time I easily fall for 360's

As survivor: I accidentally drop pallets when I don't need to (which is why I bring any means necessary).

• AvisDeene
    Options

You can’t resist our chocolatey goodness. We know you love us <3 We love you and we want to Boop your snoot.

In all seriousness, Claudette was my first main due to people suggesting her for self care, and I just think she’s the best to play with. Yes, her built in stealth is annoying, but she doesn’t have an annoying face or demeanor like other survivors do.

She also has some nice outfits.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Her range of cosmetics makes seeing multiple blendettes even more distressing. All that choice and they come in dressed like #########. When I'm surviving I like to put some effort into my appearance, getting into a lobby is a special occasion.

• AvisDeene
    Options

They only dress like that so they could safely use the environment to get closer to that wonderful snout of yours. Stop playing hard to get, we know you love us.

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433
    Options

As survivor:Dedicated servers

As killer:Over mindgaming loops i'd say

• Mrwood204
    Mrwood204 Member Posts: 226
    Options

Same. The corners of the map are magnets for me somehow.

Did he intentionally lead me far away? No...I was just caught up.in looking at you + I'm actually lost, direct me to the nearest gen please.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,504
    Options

As Killer: Despite my relative young age, my body is not what it used to be. I have a real problem reacting fast enough to counter Survivors, especially on Xbox. Therefore, I am forced to rely on my prediction skills over my mechanical prowess.

As Survivor: I tend to play a little too safe and I have trouble getting chased. I usually go down fairly quickly, maybe 45 seconds, and I try to avoid chases altogether, because well, Spine Chill :D

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

I am pretty bad at looping decent killers. I tend to trip up at simple mindgames, and while I can easily recognize what tile I'm going into and what should be there, I struggle to actually press the right buttons and react to things in time.

In general, I know a lot about how a game works and what I and my team should do in any given scenario. However, just like in Overwatch, HotS, and any other PvP game I have played, I lack the mechanical skill to pull it off properly. I'm pretty good at doing things properly as killer, but I still make dumb mistakes like flicking into a wall in Feral Frenzy when the survivor I was right behind was just running in a straight line.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Survivor: Not being serious enough at times.

Killer: Being too serious at times.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,545
    Options

When I tilt, I tilt hard. There's no point to continue playing because I just get worse and worse. It does get instantly cured if I somehow beat whatever tilted me (but that doesn't work on dbd 🤷‍♂️)

• Fleece
    Fleece Member Posts: 253
    Options

Leaving games that I'm doing good on because one survivor bm

• ruler33
    ruler33 Member Posts: 244
    Options

i honestly lose focus sometimes i mean it only matters against stealth killers and when im doing gens since when its not a stealth killer the terror radius refocuses me

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

I should write all these down in case i come across any of you people im my games

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

I suck at looping. Both sides really. I also struggle finding people as killer.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994
    Options

Killer: Tracking is something I am weak with, but somehow I am easily able to reach red ranks

Survivor: Pallet efficiency, I also cannot do it, the rest I can do fine with Skill Checks but NOT pallets

• Parallax
    Parallax Member Posts: 273
    Options

As killer, I try to play safe pallets.

As survivor, I kill myself on first hook because no one is coming to save me, or because the auras I see make me sad.