The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Switch Players Getting the Short End of the Stick

UndedThuggernaut
UndedThuggernaut Member Posts: 7
edited November 2019 in General Discussions

Whereas I am ecstatic that I can play DBD on the go on my Switch, I am left feeling mildly annoyed. Since its release to Switch gamers on September 24th, I've noticed a number of issues.

1.) No access to the Nightmare on Elm Street or the Leatherface Chapters. Granted, Switch users received The Last Breath, Spark of Madness, Of Flesh and Mud, A Lullaby for the Dark, Curtain Call, and Shattered Bloodline as part of the initial release. But it would be nice to have access to all of the content release (like our PS4, XBOX, and PC kin). I'd rather not have to just sit on 2,000 Iridescent Shards hoping and praying that Barbeque & Chili randomly appears.

2.) STILL no Archives or Rift? Everyone else got theirs on the 22nd. I'd like to enjoy it as well.

3.) STILL no Withered Blight event? Am I missing something or did we (Switch users) not get a Blight event at all? We currently have Blood Hunt but that's it. Umm....what?

Don't get me wrong, I'm going to continue to play the game and, more than likely, purchase the remaining Chapters that I'm missing. But I really wish that Behaviour would put everyone on the same page, content-wise.

Does anyone else share these concerns? Or am I just being silly?

Comments

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522

Unfortunately there were still some issues affecting the Switch version in addition to the ones that delayed the update on other versions. We're working to get the update out for the Switch as soon as possible.

• UndedThuggernaut
    UndedThuggernaut Member Posts: 7
    edited November 2019

@Peanits Update as in Withered Blight? Archives? Not having to camp the Shrine for BBQ&C? :-P

Thanks for the quick reply! <3

• Captain
    Captain Member Posts: 39

This happen the same thing for that patch 3.2.2. we got like 1 to 2 weeks later after PS4 Xbox and PC got theirs. I rather play on PS4.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

Exactly why I refuse to purchase the Switch version.

On top of not being able to carry over progress, I knew this version of DBD was being rushed out to meet the release date. It was never ready in the first place.

• CaptainCastle
    CaptainCastle Member Posts: 536

Welcome to console dbd, brother

• @CaptainCastle It's not "console dbd", my dude. PS4 and Xbox both have access to everything. I just wish they would give us a legitimate reason instead of "it's coming" or "there's been issues". Like has there been an actual reason for Leatherface and Freddy to not be out besides "we don't have a schedule for releasing content"? I haven't seen one. Just seems odd.

• NinoV1
    NinoV1 Member Posts: 382

Damn and I thought Xbox DBD was 2nd rate, you guys have it even worse.

• Cancan71
    Cancan71 Member Posts: 709

Yeah they ignored us for a week so that we don't get BBQ and have to buy Leatherface. It's pretty rude to first tell us that the perks are unlock at base, to telling us we can get them from the shrine, to keeping one of the best perks out of our hands.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

Unfortunately what he's pointing out is the hard truth. I don't think it's intentional on BHVR's part, but in practice the truth is that the game is native to PC, so that will always be its "main" platform, not only because that's the platform it's developed and largely tested on but because that's where its main playerbase is. Because of the tight hold companies like Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo have over their products, PC is able to get exclusive access to things like Public Betas. Because of the above, Xbox and PS4 always come second to PC on the priority ladder, and I imagine that mobile consoles like phone and Switch will be another step down the ladder again. Releases get delayed, complaints aren't dealt with as promptly. It's unfortunately just the reality of playing DBD on a platform it isn't native to.

• EAisHonest
    EAisHonest Member Posts: 29

buying this on switch is a waste of money. stick with the ps4 or xbox versions even though they hardly run any better