How many of you can hit Ruin skill checks?

Genuine question because from what I've seen of my solo queues and playing as killer.

Nobody in this game can hit ruin so I am genuinely wondering how much of the player base can hit the wretched ruin?

Comments

• concious_consumer
    concious_consumer Member Posts: 282

I can hit all skillchecks but there are times when I will miss every single one. It's rigged 🙄

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

If I'm not tired I can.

Teammates though....😒

But if the killer doesn't have ruin they sure can pop those gens like they're hitting every great skill check.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Haha, nope, I suck at hitting the checks.

• SkeletonWitch
    SkeletonWitch Member Posts: 94

I can't, but when ruin is gone I can easily hit great skill checks 🙃

Smh

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,313

I'm inconsistent. Some days I hit like 19/20 or something, other days I can't hit one to save my life 😄

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

When I play the game every day consistently for a while, I get very used to them and pretty much hit like 90% of them but it becomes the opposite when I take a break from the game and don't play for a few days.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

ME! Unless I see the killer comming straight for me, I get disctracted and F up

• I can hit about 90 % of greats when not drunk/don't have fps drops

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

I'd say that I can hit greats 80-90% of the time after a game or two to warm up.

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471

I either hit it a second to late and regress the gen, or hit it a second too early and regress the gen even more.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

I only hit great skillchecks when it ruin is gone

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

About 75% after 30m of starting to play each day.

The ones I find difficult are the ones closer to the initial skill check starting point.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

I can hit Ruin Skillchecks just fine. Sometimes I get a streak of over 10 of them.

But when Ruin gets destroyed, for some reason I start to suck at getting Great Skillchecks. Don't ask me why, I don't know either.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

It's probably not possible to hit them over 80% of the time due to just how small they are and considering the skillcheck can sometimes skip frames making it even more difficult to hit.

I'd say I can hit half of them on a decent day.

• GingerbreadHouse
    GingerbreadHouse Member Posts: 16

I never hit them, so I go looking for totems.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

just barely lol

• aregularplayer
    aregularplayer Member Posts: 906
    edited November 2019

I can't. Sometimes I get a good great streak, but usually 70% of skill checks I get only good. But this isn't big deal because at least half of the times I find ruin doing killer's reverse path.

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899

I probably hit the great skill check 75% when I'm tryharding

• CotJocky
    CotJocky Member Posts: 221

I do well enough that I can power through it most games even if I miss a few, but the majority of the time I find myself being the only one to bother. After several games of feeling like I'm the only one trying to do gens I just give up powering through Ruin. I find it much quicker if I just go look for Ruin because I can find it 95% of the time if it's not Springwood. It's like magic, as soon as I find Ruin, within 3 minutes at least 2-3 gens pop off where nothing happened for 2-3 minutes I was looking for Ruin.

I think a lot of survivors that discover there is Ruin, either go looking for the totem unsuccessfully or they just default into "farm" mode and say screw the gens!

Dead By Solo Queue is a better title.

They have balanced the game into a point that it is miserable to play Solo queue the majority of the time.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

Your not wrong, but it so just takes longer to restart the animation between getting up and waiting and then getting back on.

Depends in the day and or match some days I'm a god at skill checks other days I'm clearly a boosted animal from rank 25.

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 720

I play on PS4 UK so it’s hit or miss depending on factors like FPS on the map I’m on or ping to the killer.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

I’ve learned to. Ive come to the conclusion that if you spend the whole game looking for ruin instead of doing gens, you have no chance of escaping. I wish people weren’t so scared of ruin

• ThatMetal1
    ThatMetal1 Member Posts: 28

I hit greats about half the time if I am really trying. But if its vs a doctor or paired with multiple stacks of huntress lullaby I dont bother with gens until I find the totems.

• Toxic_Plag
    Toxic_Plag Member Posts: 42

I don’t hit great skill checks since I don’t like risking it for the gen to blow up

• rha
    rha Member Posts: 417

I‘m on PS4 and it's slightly more difficult than on PC I think, but I get better and better and I hit most of them now. I don't bother searching for the totem anymore. 

Exception: when someone else is working on the gen at the same time, then I miss considerably more, that's why Ruin always motivates me to work alone on gens.

I have only restarted playing survivor for the Archive challenges and get mostly teammates of rank 15-18. I am delighted that the majority of them are powering gens through Ruin. This was very different back when I stopped playing survivor, even at much higher ranks. 

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,295

I hit ruin skillchecks 7/10 times if I had to guess. It's not hard to do just sometimes I can't focus or I don't feel like it. If that's the case I'll just look for Ruin or try to loop the killer.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

If I pay attention then I can usually hit them

• MysticAdvisor
    MysticAdvisor Member Posts: 453

I can hit them 75% of the time but otherwise 100% if I’m running “this can’t be happening/ Stakeout”

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,531

I've got my days, but I'll power through it either way. The only issue is when you get teammates that can't. Then I either have to keep going and be the only one doing gens or stop and find the totem so they'll get back on one.

• ruler33
    ruler33 Member Posts: 244

Pretty much all the time but if im playing at like 5 o clock in the morning then i can't hit anything for the life of me.

• OswinOsgood
    OswinOsgood Member Posts: 184

On pc yes i can on console? Like 2/10 times maybe if the game is being stable at that particular moment.

Console really needs to play better its been getting worse and worse laggier each update

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i cant hit them every single time - especially if the skillcheck is in the first haf of the circle or when its my first match of the day - but i do think i can hit them pretty consistently.

id say somewhat around 8 / 10.

• Huntar
    Huntar Member Posts: 848

I can't hit the greats consistently, but I have the sense to keep working through ruin and just stop working the gen for a few seconds after hitting the good. Ruin adds just a little bit of time if you don't keep working through when you can't progress.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

I can only hit great skill checks when I'm not trying to concentrate. Therefore I never hit ruin skill checks. Ruin on Console is torture. People say it's the same but I think everything is way more choppy.

• Karltastisk
    Karltastisk Member Posts: 529

80% of my skillchecks i hit the great/ruin skillchecks

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

Somewhat consistently.

Once I legit did a full gen without realizing ruin was up because I hit all the skillchecks.

No, I have no idea how I didn't notice the skillchecks were red. And no, I am not joking.

• Auron471
    Auron471 Member Posts: 1,310

some matches im an actual god at hitting ruin skill checks, then the next match i cant hit them to save my life.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited November 2019

I can consistently hit great skill checks more than 90% of the time. It's to the point where I do it during heals or when there is no Ruin. I don't even need to think about it anymore.

I have a clip saved on my PC of me finishing a gen with Ruin active in 88 seconds. I hit 5 greats and missed 2. Honestly one should have been a great but I feel like the game robbed my by a pixel 😡

And I know a lot of rank 1 survivors on Xbox that can do the same thing. It's part of the reason Xbox killers are moving away from Ruin and instead using Pop, Thana/Sloppy, and Dying Light because they do a better job of slowing gens. Like WAY better job. Ruin is almost a wasted perk slot now. This not even considering the fact we all know where every totem spawn is on every map and it will go down in 30 seconds or less most games.

I'd like to think part of the reason Xbox players are so good at skill checks is because of Gears of War. DBD skill checks are basically a circular version of active reloads, and I see a LOT of players with Gears related names or gamerpics (or even players I recognize from playing Gears).

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,105

Sometimes I hit every Ruin skill check on the gen and sometimes I'm a potato and blow up the gen to pieces...

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609
    edited November 2019

I can, but not every skill check. Saying that a gen gave me 10 skill checks, I would hit 7 of them

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Sometimes I can sometimes I can't.

No one can hit great skill checks consistently.

• Mrwood204
    Mrwood204 Member Posts: 226

Sometimes I do sometimes I dont. You'll know I dont because a cloud of smoke will come up and poof, anyone who was helping me has vanished.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

Somewhat. Probably 75% of my skillchecks are greats.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

70-80% most days

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Lost_in_the_Fog Member Posts: 452

I am not super consistent at this point. If I'm warmed up as survivor I can hit them maybe 60% of the time. My problem is I'm generally so focused in getting it that I over anticipate and cause the gen to explode rather than hitting it late and getting the ruin regression.

• pichumudkip
    pichumudkip Member Posts: 155

I can sometimes do it. One match I'll be either barely missing it or just not hitting it at all, others I won't even need the totem gone to do gens. I guess it depends on map, lag, and type of killer and their perks, like Doctor with Underwhelming presence or whatever Trapper's perk is.