BBQ and Chilli...

KwwB
KwwB Member Posts: 75

Honestly I don't think it should show survivors auras that are in the dying state. It basically makes Deer Stalker almost pointless IMO. Thoughts?

Comments

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413

It reveals survivor *auras*. Why wouldn't it show their aura when they're downed?

• doitagain_
    doitagain_ Member Posts: 723

It doesn’t make deer stalker pointless. They have to be farther than 40m for BBQ to work.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

Chilli requires you to a hook a survivor for it to go off. Deer Stalker has no pre-req.

Plus if your teammates haven't picked you up by the time the killer has chased and hooked another survivor that is just your teammates playing poorly.

Chilli is fine as is.

• S_Panda
    S_Panda Member Posts: 539
    edited December 2019

I used BBQ's limitations to ruin a wraith's no one escapes the end game cheesing. He face camped 2 people to death then 'let' us finish the final gen from around a corner (spine chill was lit the whole time). After he slugged us each once he finally got us both down so he opened the gate, went for my team mate so I moved closer whilst being further from where he downed me. When teammate died the hatch opened right near me so I escaped. Deer stalker wouldn't have allowed this to happen as I'd be in that radius and he'd beeline straight for me.

When I need to cheese it I'll be sure to use deerstalker in my build for this exact reason.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

@Swiftblade131

You just roasted him so badly holy ######### xD

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,555

I would say they serve different purposes. One is better for finding survivors in general but requires you to hook someone, one is better for keeping track of people with a slug build.

I tend to run Deerstalker on my Huntress since it's easy to switch targets and get multiple downs back to back, but I'll go back to the first guy I downed and hook them first because they had the most time to recover. BBQ would show me where they are, sure, but I would need to take the time to hook someone else first, which means that somebody will probably run in and get them up while I'm hooking that first guy.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

2 completely different perks. Bbq encourages you to hook to get information and works past 40m range, while deerstalker is for slugging and works within 36 m range

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

Why?

Honestly I think it should as it reveals auras globally outside 40m.

• KwwB
    KwwB Member Posts: 75

A lot of the use I see for it is during the end game where there are only two survivors left. If the killer has BBQ he downs one of the survivors and then just leaves them there and searches for the last. Knowing that when he hooks that survivor he can easily find the first downed survivor even if he has crawled far away from where he was downed. I see that in A LOT of games, and to me it just makes Deer Stalker almost pointless.

I agree that they are different perks, but BBQ in that circumstance makes Deer Stalker pointless. Just wanted to start a discussion about it. Everyone has made good points so far! Maybe buff Deer Stalker? Even something like showing the aura intensity of the downed survivors as they "recover" like Buckle Up does.

Thanks for the healthy discussion! Cheers!

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Why use Deer Stalker over any perk though lol.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Because Monstrous Shrine is useless

Now the REAL question is what GOOD perk I'd use it instead of...

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047
    edited December 2019

Ya one instance of BBQ being better than Deer Stalker is not a reason to nerf BBQ. They are for different purposes entirely.

BBQ is already pretty weak when against competent survivors who know how to hide anyways.