The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Should BBQ and Chili be default for killers if kindred will be default for survivors?

Would this balance the new kindred idea?

Comments

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    yes
  • Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

I agree

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776

@Eninya said:
    Neither side should have either of those things. There should be a greater emphasis on isolation.

you can't isolate cheat with friends.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Woah, Uh That would be a bad dea, due to the fact the game is still mostly killer sided at the moment.

Nani
  • brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    Yeah and equipping BBQ should increase it to 8 seconds so Nurse and Hillbilly can literally down you from across the entire map.
  • Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568

Woah, Uh That would be a bad idea, due to the fact the game is still mostly killer sided at the moment.

HAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAH
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@snozer said:

@Eninya said:
    Neither side should have either of those things. There should be a greater emphasis on isolation.

you can't isolate cheat with friends.

You also can't seem to please no skill killers that'll whine about anything that doesn't make them get 4k every game. Yet here you are still posting as living proof of that.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

It's not even gone into PTB yet and you guys are already trying to whine and see what you can get to make up for it.

Hilarious.

• azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446

Woah, Uh That would be a bad idea, due to the fact the game is still mostly killer sided at the moment.

>_< 
  • azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446
    SenzuDuck said:

It's not even gone into PTB yet and you guys are already trying to whine and see what you can get to make up for it.

Hilarious.

To be fair, the devs did ask us to tell them what we think.
  • Unit
    Unit Member Posts: 190

It's supposed to be
  • Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

@Unit said:
    CryoHooked said:

It's supposed to be

It's ASYMMETRICAL, not UNBALANCED.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Mrbombastic said:
    Noed should be default lol

It would kill NOED. If you know that there will be a NOED in every single game, you would just go to hunt totems. NOED kills survivors who do not pay attention to totems and just gen rush the killer.

Giving killers default BBQ means nothing to me because kindred finds a lot of solutions to a lot of problems like camping, knowing where your teammates are, knowing who is being chased, knowing who is closest to the hook so you don't even need to leave your genny etc.

I think that BOTH sides should receive these kind of things that make the game more interesting and complicated. Survivors getting something like this big while killers get nothing seems unbalanced for me.

However, I am all for making the game more complicated and giving tools to both sides to show their intelligence and skill.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    edited August 2018

Both sides simply don't deserve that much info for free.
    Dbd is a horror/mindgame game. Not a ######### action game.

• JackieEstacadoWhen
    JackieEstacadoWhen Member Posts: 78

2018 and people still don't know how to counter BBQ.
    Jeez guys it's easy, go one way for 4 seconds then go another, hide behind a gen or hide within 40m of hook. It's really not that hard.

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370

@Poltergeist4000 said:
    Adding bbq and chille ruined stealth enough, giving to everyone for free is just killing stealth all together 

I think the doc came before that. The aura reading has been a thing for over a year now. This is not a stealth game anymore. Devs decided that running in circles and being in the killers' face is the way forward.

And now the soon to be implemented brainless, hit-box and perk protected, unhooks are on the way.

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370

@JackieEstacadoWhen said:
    2018 and people still don't know how to counter BBQ.
    Jeez guys it's easy, go one way for 4 seconds then go another, hide behind a gen or hide within 40m of hook. It's really not that hard.

I assume they all have BBQ. I tbag after the hook in the direction of the killer. By the amount of near instant suicides i might have to change my way of letting the killer know he has it because the surv on the hook might be thinking i am tbagging him and suicide.

• Spiritbx
    Spiritbx Member Posts: 264

Yes, it would technically be a nerf for killers even, since survivors will KNOW it's there and will move against it.

But since it's pretty much NEEDED for killers, it might as well be a default thing.

• Sally55
    Sally55 Member Posts: 368
    edited August 2018

@CthulhuSE said:

It depends. I will agree if it's only level 2 bbq and chilli with a reduced bonus of 25%. But since I play survivor as well i feel that this may not be such a good idea tbh.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    No, it shouldn't.
    First of all, free Kindred is incredible powerful. BBQ doesn't even come close, since it has already been nerfed. Most of the time I won't see the survivors anyway.

My wish for a inbuilt perk would be (please read to the end, before you try to crucify me): Devour Hope. Or at least a variation of it. No speed bonus, no one hit, just the ability to mori a survivor once the requisites have been met. Something like killer has to be 50 meters away to get a stack (would reduce camping) and he needs 6 or 7 unhooks (yes, unhooks while being at least 50 meters away). After that he could mori survivors.
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522

I would say no.

The intent with kindred is to help bring solo players up to the same level as SWF, then allowing them to buff killers without leaving solo players in the dust. SWF groups can already share the same information except better and in more detail. Kindred will not reveal a killer further than 8m away, while a premade group could let you know any time they're within the terror radius. Premade groups can even call out insidious camping killers just outside the 8m range, whereas kindred would not.

It's not really a buff to survivors as a whole. It's information that's already there for many people. It's just leveling the playing field, making it possible to buff killers.

Even so, if killers were to receive a baseline perk, I don't know why it would be BBQ & Chili. It's already a great perk that's well worth a slot. Kindred definitely isn't one of the best perks out there, so comparing the two is totally bonkers. If anything, I would say some sort of built in ruin to slow down generator progression. Though this was also mentioned on the same stream, where they talked about potentially adding a secondary objective for survivors. I feel like that's the route to go there.

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

Only if survivors get dark sense too.

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    The whole point is to make it so that SWF doesnt have an advantage over solo. Calm down. Since the killer doesn't get to communicate with survs, it makes this completely unrelated. the devs are now starting to go back and look at the game with the realization that SWF is overpowered in the current state of things, so they are balancing the game to take SWF into account.
  • TheHourMan
    I just really hope this doesn't kill insidious basement leatherface. Insidious should hide your aura imo
  • Sally55
    edited August 2018

@TheHourMan said:
    I just really hope this doesn't kill insidious basement leatherface. Insidious should hide your aura imo

Even if it did hide your aura you still would have to worry about premonition since it trumps all killer stealth abilities except tier 1 myers. Plus you still risk wasting alot of time by basement camping.

• TheHourMan
    Sally55 said:

@TheHourMan said:

Even if it did you still would have to worry about premonition since it trumps all killer stealth abilities except tier 1 myers..

Premonition is fair though. It doesnt reveal the exact aura or position of the killer to the whole team. It is personal use only.
  • Sally55
    edited August 2018

@TheHourMan said:
    Sally55 said:

@TheHourMan said:

Even if it did you still would have to worry about premonition since it trumps all killer stealth abilities except tier 1 myers..

Premonition is fair though. It doesnt reveal the exact aura or position of the killer to the whole team. It is personal use only.

What would you do if all survivors start running premonition then? Again your still wasting alot of time by just camping and hoping the other survivors are idiots. Usually if i get camped like that by LF i will just suicide on the hook. Plus SWF groups will destroy your strategy.

• TheHourMan
    Agreed. But camping is a strategy just like any other. If the exit gates are open and all 4 survs still alive, you're damn right I'm gonna try to lure everyone into basement get some cheap kills. And likewise, survivors should be able counter it by playing smart using certain perks. Yes, SWF can this, but I have played against who refuse abandon their friend wind up getting hooked with them. think that perfectly fair. Auras different story, admittedly not lot.
  • Tsulan

@ZombieGenesis said:

@Tsulan said:
    (snip for space, RE: onboard Devour Hope variant idea)

While I think that would be a decent idea I think a few things would ruin it.

1: Survivors hook swarm enough that I rarely get out of range with regular devour hope. Doubling the range would essentially destroy the ability, IMO.
    2: I think 6 or 7 hooks would be too much. That's almost everyone hooked twice which means, in the end, you'd hardly be saving any time anyway.

I'd say just make Devour Hope part of the kit and that would help with a lot of things but it'd never happen. The devs have proven one thing with their patch flip flop...things will never change.

Survivors would feel pressured to rush for the unhook. Which would result in a kinda "MYC playstyle" where they have to decide if they let the killer get far enough away and risk a DH stack or if they rush in and risk being chased. I´m not adamant on the numbers. 40 meters and 5 unhooks (or less) could be ok, but maybe OP. That would have to be tested.

• Sally55
    edited August 2018

@TheHourMan said:
    Agreed. But camping is a strategy just like any other. If the exit gates are open and all 4 survs still alive, you're damn right I'm gonna try to lure everyone into basement get some cheap kills. And likewise, survivors should be able counter it by playing smart using certain perks. Yes, SWF can this, but I have played against who refuse abandon their friend wind up getting hooked with them. think that perfectly fair. Auras different story, admittedly not lot.

You are still counting on the survivors to be idiots. I never go for basement saves if it's LF even if it's the end and the gates are powered tbh. Plus lets say they for some reason they do make that change to insidious. Survivors will be demanding the old borrowed time to be brought back where both people were protected and that version was removed for a reason.

• TheHourMan
    Sally55 said:

@TheHourMan said:

You are still counting on the survivors to be idiots. I never go for basement saves if it's LF even if it's the end and the gates are powered tbh. Plus lets say they for some reason they do make that change to insidious. Survivors will be demanding the old borrowed time where both people were protected and that version was removed for a reason.

Agreed. But killers have always relied on survivors to be idiots. I think that is core to the game as it is now. Hopefully killer skill will play a bigger role in the future. 
  • Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Peanits said:

I would say no.

The intent with kindred is to help bring solo players up to the same level as SWF, then allowing them to buff killers without leaving solo players in the dust. SWF groups can already share the same information except better and in more detail. Kindred will not reveal a killer further than 8m away, while a premade group could let you know any time they're within the terror radius. Premade groups can even call out insidious camping killers just outside the 8m range, whereas kindred would not.

It's not really a buff to survivors as a whole. It's information that's already there for many people. It's just leveling the playing field, making it possible to buff killers.

Even so, if killers were to receive a baseline perk, I don't know why it would be BBQ & Chili. It's already a great perk that's well worth a slot. Kindred definitely isn't one of the best perks out there, so comparing the two is totally bonkers. If anything, I would say some sort of built in ruin to slow down generator progression. Though this was also mentioned on the same stream, where they talked about potentially adding a secondary objective for survivors. I feel like that's the route to go there.

That's a big difference between vocal information and someone has to tell a person and visual information that everyone can see.

The most someone could tell their friends is no one's coming for me or you guys are across map that is vastly different from being able to see everybody's positions.
    I like what they did with the obsession mechanics it was subtle. you didn't know where that person what killer was chasing them all you knew was that they were being chased.

As I said before it is a buff to survivors on the whole ( which is the bad thing) you seeing the situation for yourself is always going to be vastly better than someone describing it to you.

The point I'm trying to make here is it's a very powerful ability to give away for free.
  • White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

That's... not how balancing works.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@CthulhuSE said:

Honestly, I expect having built in kindred having more effect than built in BBQ, but at least it would be sth

• Seanzu

Let's just reiterate that this isn't even in the game yet, hasn't even been tested yet, and people are already making posts about it and wanting things for the killer LEL

• Tsulan

@SenzuDuck said:
    Let's just reiterate that this isn't even in the game yet, hasn't even been tested yet, and people are already making posts about it and wanting things for the killer LEL

Yes, this is so much worse than not participate in the PTB, open tons of threads about how this will make survivor unplayable and finally review bomb the game.

• Seanzu

@Tsulan said:

@SenzuDuck said:

Yes, this is so much worse than not participate in the PTB, open tons of threads about how this will make survivor unplayable and finally review bomb the game.

God you're so boring.
    I didn't say stop making posts - I just think people need to be reminded that it isn't in the game yet, so asking for things to counter something THAT ISNT IN THE GAME YET is stupid.

• Tsulan

@SenzuDuck said:

@Tsulan said:

@SenzuDuck said:

God you're so boring.
    I didn't say stop making posts - I just think people need to be reminded that it isn't in the game yet, so asking for things to counter something THAT ISNT IN THE GAME YET is stupid.

Hi, Sheldon. Do you want me to craft a sign that says "Sarcasm"?

• Seanzu

@Tsulan said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Tsulan said:

@SenzuDuck said:

God you're so boring.

Sorry, let me just remind you how sarcasm doesn't really convey very well in text, as sarcasm usually comes with a certain tone of voice and body language to help push it.

Well done.

• Tsulan

@SenzuDuck said:

@Tsulan said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Tsulan said:

@SenzuDuck said:

God you're so boring.

Sorry, let me just remind you how sarcasm doesn't really convey very well in text, as sarcasm usually comes with a certain tone of voice and body language to help push it.

Well done.

Well you said i´m boring. This means you clearly can see me and know my body language.
    hugs and kisses

• Seanzu

@Tsulan said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Tsulan said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Tsulan said:

@SenzuDuck said:

God you're so boring.

Well done.

Well you said i´m boring. This means you clearly can see me and know my body language.
    hugs and kisses

You argue everything I post, you'r very boring.

• Tsulan

@SenzuDuck said:

@Tsulan said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Tsulan said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Tsulan said:

@SenzuDuck said:

God you're so boring.

Well done.

hugs and kisses

You argue everything I post, you'r very boring.

Actually i post on everything. Not just you.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

@Shadoureon said:
    Aura reading needs to go.

Yes

• CthulhuSE
    CthulhuSE Member Posts: 16
    What about a very weak version of bbq and chili, like something outside of 60 meters?
  • TheHourMan
    Peanits said:

I would say no.

That's a big difference between vocal information and someone has to tell a person and visual information that everyone can see.

The most someone could tell their friends is no one's coming for me or you guys are across map that is vastly different from being able to see everybody's positions.
    I like what they did with the obsession mechanics it was subtle. you didn't know where that person what killer was chasing them all you knew was that they were being chased.

As I said before it is a buff to survivors on the whole ( which is the bad thing) you seeing the situation for yourself is always going to be vastly better than someone describing it to you.

The point I'm trying to make here is it's a very powerful ability to give away for free.
    Actually, you have chanhed my mind. We should not get the passive kindred. It complety defeats the purpose of having the obsession mechanic changed. And the devs said they wanted to add something for normal survivors being chased. That would be pointless if you could just look over and see it. Granted, a person needs to be hooked, but still. If we do get passive kindred, I hope it is vastly inferior to the kindred perk.