The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Harassment in the community.

Ochido uploaded a video that belittled another youtuber, Tru3Talent. When Tru3 called him out in the video, commenting and asking why he does these things, Ochido then responded by telling his followers to spam True3's videos with the comment 'OCHIDO'. Why is he still allowed to play the game? What's the point in banning someone permanently if you can always buy the game again? If that's the case, everybody could break the rules all the time, get banned, but then come back and do it all over again. What's the point of banning people if they can always come back? I genuinely feel like he is a toxic and disruptive part of this community, not allowing him to participate in the game would help alot, I feel. I'd genuinely like a response before this gets taken down.

Also, if this gets taken down because of witch hunting, then that's very hypocritical. Ochido Witch hunts, and he's still allowed to roam around.

Comments

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

He's been banned. They can't do anything if he has multiple accounts and is willing to buy more copies of the game to troll.

• CroesoG
    CroesoG Member Posts: 16

@SenzuDuck said:
    He's been banned. They can't do anything if he has multiple accounts and is willing to buy more copies of the game to troll.

Surely there's a rule where if you, as an individual, are banned, you can't participate in anymore gameplay

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

@CroesoG said:

@SenzuDuck said:

Surely there's a rule where if you, as an individual, are banned, you can't participate in anymore gameplay

They can't tell who he is if he keeps buying the game over and over after getting banned.

Tru/Ochido make enough money on their streams/videos that they can just buy new hardware if they wanted to dodge any hardware bans also.

If someone is determined there is nothing bhvr can do.

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370

They are making money off of him. Even if they did ban him using all available means it will not stop them from playing. Ever. You can change IP, hardware, usernames so no amount of hardware banning, Ip banning or username banning is going to work.

They can stop him temporarily only.

• chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    CroesoG said:

@SenzuDuck said:

There are but the Devs are not omnipotent and cannot control whether someone uses alt accounts to work around their ban.
  • CroesoG

Hmm... so we're stuck with him?

• chemical_reject
    CroesoG said:

I know they can't do anything BEFORE he uses an alt account but I feel like they could at least REACT to the information as they become aware of it. Just report him if u ever see him and hope for the best I guess. 
  • BBQnDemogorgon

@CroesoG said:

Yep. The only people than can effect him in any way are Twitch/Youtube.

• Grey87
    Grey87 Member Posts: 346

They can't ban anyone for whatever they do outside the game...are you stupid or what? Lol this thread is silly...

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

@SenzuDuck said:

wasnt he IP banned? like, he'd have to buy a whole new computer after each bann...

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

@Mister_xD said:

@SenzuDuck said:

wasnt he IP banned? like, he'd have to buy a whole new computer after each bann...

Unfortunately this wont do anything to stop OchiDo. OchiDo makes money off of playing Dead By Daylight via Twitch and YouTube. Ochido could make 10 new accounts on 10 separate computers and the devs could ban everyone but he wouldent care because the money he makes more than pays for it. I am sure he would look at it like a business expense more than anything. The devs cant really do anything more. We just have to hope that OchiDo does something stupid that gets his Twitch or YouTube banned because hitting those accounts are the only way he will disappear. Given his track record of exploits, witch hunting and just generally being a piece of ######### i wouldent be suprised if his YouTube or Twitch finds itself banned one day.

• chemical_reject
    And next time he will probably buy a console and use that as a work around. 
  • Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

@Grey87 said:
    They can't ban anyone for whatever they do outside the game...are you stupid or what? Lol this thread is silly...

They can and do ban people for what ever they like. You should read the tos.

• CroesoG

@Grey87 said:

That's not what I was saying... when did I say they should ban him for what he does outside of the game? I said him as a person should be banned from the game.

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    Grey87 said:

Silly in what sense, please? 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@SenzuDuck said:

IP bann, hardware bann
    There are ways.... blizzard manages it too, but on the other hand they are in fact a competent company, so maybe thats a bad comparison

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    Master said:

@SenzuDuck said:

IP bann, hardware bann
    There are ways.... blizzard manages it too, but on the other hand they are in fact a competent company, so maybe thats a bad comparison

You can change your IP as well as your hardware, so these bans are not going to last long. 
  • chemical_reject
    CroesoG said:

@Grey87 said:

That's not what I was saying... when did I say they should ban him for what he does outside of the game? I said him as a person should be banned from the game.

That reminds me of this skit I saw on a tv show one time. (Twilight zone/Outer limits or somthing along those lines.)

The TL;DR is that this guy got banned from a store because he was being a jerk and the head employee said "that's it!!! Ur banned from life!"

The guy says, "don't u mean FOR life?"

And the head employee started slowing turning his head from left to right as the other employees start to circle the guy and some of them had weapons.....the end. 
  • SadonicShadow

@WalterWh1te said:

@SadonicShadow said:

@Mister_xD said:

@SenzuDuck said:

Unfortunately this wont do anything to stop OchiDo. OchiDo makes money off of playing Dead By Daylight via Twitch and YouTube. Ochido could make 10 new accounts on 10 separate computers and the devs could ban everyone but he wouldent care because the money he makes more than pays for it. I am sure he would look at it like a business expense more than anything. The devs cant really do anything more. We just have to hope that OchiDo does something stupid that gets his Twitch or YouTube banned because hitting those accounts are the only way he will disappear. Given his track record of exploits, witch hunting and just generally being a piece of ######### i wouldent be suprised if his YouTube or Twitch finds itself banned one day.

Banevading is definitely a reason to be perma banned on twitch. Not sure why they haven't done anything so far

After the witch hunting fiasco i am surprised Twitch didn't given him the axe right there. He should consider himself lucky. Looking at the various rules of twitch you can see he has violated quite a bit of them especially under the harassment section.

• BBQnDemogorgon

@Grey87 said:

Actually they can ban anyone they want for any reason they want. That goes for all online games.

• Seanzu

@Master said:

@SenzuDuck said:

IP bann, hardware bann

Dude makes bank trolling this game, VPN's are free, hardware is cheap to run this game. its not hard to avoid all these bans lmfao.

Comparing BHVR to a billion dollar company EL OH EL. You guys are funny.

• SadonicShadow

@SenzuDuck said:

@Master said:

@SenzuDuck said:

IP bann, hardware bann

Dude makes bank trolling this game, VPN's are free, hardware is cheap to run this game. its not hard to avoid all these bans lmfao.

Pretty much this. There is nothing the devs can do. Its easy to build an el cheapo PC to play this game at good settings for $600 if not less. With the amount of money hes making $600 isent even a dent into his profit.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@SadonicShadow said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Master said:

@SenzuDuck said:

IP bann, hardware bann

Pretty much this. There is nothing the devs can do. Its easy to build an el cheapo PC to play this game at good settings for $600 if not less. With the amount of money hes making $600 isent even a dent into his profit.

It makes it significantly harder though

• samirk98
    samirk98 Member Posts: 167

he will be a part of this comminty
    deal with it.

• KillingInstinct
    KillingInstinct Member Posts: 272

@CroesoG said:
    Ochido uploaded a video that belittled another youtuber, Tru3Talent. When Tru3 called him out in the video, commenting and asking why he does these things, Ochido then responded by telling his followers to spam True3's videos with the comment 'OCHIDO'. Why is he still allowed to play the game? What's the point in banning someone permanently if you can always buy the game again? If that's the case, everybody could break the rules all the time, get banned, but then come back and do it all over again. What's the point of banning people if they can always come back? I genuinely feel like he is a toxic and disruptive part of this community, not allowing him to participate in the game would help alot, I feel. I'd genuinely like a response before this gets taken down.

Also, if this gets taken down because of witch hunting, then that's very hypocritical. Ochido Witch hunts, and he's still allowed to roam around.

They should implement an ID ban like Overwatch has it. Then those players would be banned unless they buy whole new Motherboards xD

• SadonicShadow

@samirk98 said:
    deal with it.

he lost the right to be a part of this community a long time ago. The people that support him are just as bad as him.

• samirk98
    samirk98 Member Posts: 167

@SadonicShadow said:

@samirk98 said:
    deal with it.

he lost the right to be a part of this community a long time ago. The people that support him are just as bad as him.

i only like Monto.
    but as long as devs can't get rid of Ochido he can play dbd when he wants

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

@Grey87 said:

Somebody didn't read this.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

He should be banned again and again, then maybe he will end with himself.

• Seanzu

@Master said:

@SadonicShadow said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Master said:

@SenzuDuck said:

IP bann, hardware bann

It makes it significantly harder though

You say "significantly harder" like it means impossible.

• Seanzu

@RSB said:
    He should be banned again and again, then maybe he will end with himself.

As if bhvr can just track his accounts.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    I guess they'll have to contact steam with a complaint and threaten to lock his account if he is suspected of breaking the rules of the ban. I don't know how it works but steam have more influence over players behaviour.
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522

@CroesoG said:> Also, if this gets taken down because of witch hunting, then that's very hypocritical. Ochido Witch hunts, and he's still allowed to roam around.

It is getting taken down, because it is witch hunting, which is not allowed on the forums. I can't just take down someone's videos. Making threads about it is not the way to go about it.

I've already looked into it. I don't see any instance where he explicitly tells his fans to go harass Tru3Ta1ent. If he did, then we'd have a problem. Sending your fans to harass someone would be multiplatform abuse. If that did happen and I've just missed it, send me a DM and I'll take a look. But until then, this is an issue they need to work out between themselves.

Regarding bans, we do not discuss specific cases in public. Anyone is free to buy a new copy on a new account and start from scratch. If they continue to break rules, they will still follow the normal ban progression. If they get to the point where they're going through multiple accounts and still haven't changed their behaviour, it will escalate from there.

With that said, going to lock this now.

This discussion has been closed.