The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

A question to high rank killers here

OmegaXII
OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,190

Do you play nice? Like no camping, slugging, etc.

Comments

• The only time I camp was when the survivor was just a piece of sh*t the entire match.

Slugging is kinda just a bandaid for lack of pressure, IMO slugging isn't even toxic

• Konnor24
    Konnor24 Member Posts: 184

I used to. Now i have to tunnel to get kills.

I never used to tunnel before the latest patch and averaged 3 kills per game with one getting out through the hatch usually, now its almost a necessity.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

Only if I'm already winning by a large margin. If it's a stomp, I normally let the last person go. Other than that, I do whatever I think is the best thing to do in the moment

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

I never played nice, and will never play nice. I always use everything at my disposal to win, unless I realise that the team is truly completely potato.

Survivors are never nice to me, so why should I?

• ccactus623
    ccactus623 Member Posts: 214

I play a lot of killer and some survivor so I know what it's like to be tunneled and camped. I play as fair as the game let's me. So if I'm being trashed I play to win. If I'm trashing the survivors I might slug instead of hook or just ignore a survivor to be fair.

• ImmortalReaver
    ImmortalReaver Member Posts: 243

Tunneling and slugging isn't mean, it's part of the game. But I hate when killers allow survivors to live. It makes legitimately surviving less important. I don't allow survivors to live and I don't let a killer let me go.

• DeathBeam
    DeathBeam Member Posts: 259

I prefer to slug and proxy camp on my builds.

• BloodyNights
    BloodyNights Member Posts: 526

I try not to tunnel, or camp. Unless...the person was being quote on quote, pretty toxic. If you're gonna teabag me at every pallet, I'll probably kill you that much quicker when I do get you.

Only time I might do something seen as tunneling, is if I just happen to see them again during my patrols, before seeing anyone else. I'm not, not going to chase them.

Only exception to my no tunnel rule is when I'm badly losing, like there is 1 maybe 2 gens left, and everyone is alive. I need someone dead at that point. So thems the breaks I guess.

I pretty much never face camp, unless I just want this person to die no matter what. Even when all the gens are finished, I kind of just move away far enough to not lose chaser.

I tend to let the last survivor go. Mostly just being nice, and besides...they can keep their fancy item for the next game....

• Goat_Worship
    Goat_Worship Member Posts: 73

You can't tell me you don't feel kinda bad when you realize a rank 16 baby Claudette or something has found their way into your red ranked game.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

No, I don't play nice. Kinda hard these days, but I really don't have a reason too

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I never have played nice and never will.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522

Depends on what the situation calls for. I'll usually match whatever the survivors are doing. If they want to rush the hook the second I leave, I'll tend to hang around expecting an unhook and make that altruism backfire, for example.

• AlbinoViera
    AlbinoViera Member Posts: 169

I try not to camp unless both gates are open, get more points if I don't just watch a guy die for 2 minutes. I definitely slug and tunnel though. Normally I'll slug if they have DS or if there's others nearby. Why should I let them keep working on a gen or have a chance of getting a flashlight save? With tunnelling it's on purpose typically when they have a Key, but 9/10 times I just happen to find the recently hooked person first because they're healing nearby or they've left me a gold & red trail to follow.

Gotta admit, find it funny when they call you toxic and a coward, if anything it makes me do it more.

• T2K
    T2K Member Posts: 635

I saw you 4k slugging on swamp with huntress at the beginning of the match :P what a meanie xD

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

I slug most of my games, its an excellent way of keeping survivors occupied.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522

Was it the Grim Pantry one?

If it's the one I'm thinking of, they know what they did. Each time I'd hook someone, someone else would start running over like I couldn't see them.

• QsKaa
    QsKaa Member Posts: 56

True. Hook diving / camping with survivors - never alone and getting free 1kg of salt in post game chat thats the best parts of playing killer against boosted red ranks sluppeks

• T2K
    T2K Member Posts: 635

Yeah it was. They played really bad and deserved that tbh ^^

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

No reason to. I personally respect DS because I know how to utilize slugging for pressure but I will proxy against altruistic survivors.

• MiniPixels
    MiniPixels Member Posts: 536

I never really camp anyone unless it's an OoO following me the entire match, I never used to tunnel all that much, but to win games without ruin I have to more often now.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    edited January 2020

I have slugged all 4 survivors to death after my Barbecue stacks, I don't care, I'll play how I like, people have DC'd from it so they lost BP, their items, etc, makes me double happy as red ranks are cocky.

• Xerge
    Xerge Member Posts: 928

No, as a matter of fact I've started slugging more than usual.

• OmegaXII

I usually play nice, even that will costs my match. But after reading the comments, should I continue to play nice?

• Xerge

When did this moral code that is about giving survivors more second chances started?

• OmegaXII

Don't know, but maybe it's just me doing that. I just want everyone to have fun.

• OmegaXII

Is it even possible to get into red rank by playing nicely?

• LegionMain343
    LegionMain343 Member Posts: 198

Only to those nice to me c:

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

I used to, but not anymore. The game just isn’t the same as it was months ago.

• Uistreel
    Uistreel Member Posts: 634

Not really. I won't intentionally tunnel and camp for no reason, but if I see a recently unhooked survivor in a worse position than a healthy one, I won't just let them go to be nice. Camping - I very much try to avoid camping but if it gets to a point where there isn't much of a choice (2 gates open or survivors bombing hook), I won't hesitate to camp if it means I secure a kill when I probably wouldn't otherwise.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited January 2020

Against good survivors you have to. If you play "fair" against good survivors you lose.

This is why DS, BT and Unbreakable are crazy strong, they force you to play "fair" aka lose against good survivors. This is why "near" all survivors are running the same perks give or take a couple at red ranks.

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828

a better question

are killers given enough time to get 12 hooks in order to satisfy the "fairness" requirement?

nope

• Xerge

I am kinda nice to killers tho; I don't bring keys and I put away my toolbox if someone else has one, but not precisely because I want to be nice to them, it's because I want matches to last longer than 5-6 minutes after waiting 15 minutes for a lobby.

• xCarrie
    xCarrie Member Posts: 982

If a survivor is clearly new and got matched with me, outplays me really well, helpful to survivors, or is a baby dweet i’ll let go. If a solo survivor gets screwed by swf dcing i’ll also let them farm a bit a let go. I go by a dumb rule and don’t use anything I don’t like, so no bloodwarden, noed, moris, op add-ons and camping. I’m usually a nice killer who doesn’t care but if a survivor or group purposely tries to be annoying i’ll tunnel and slug if I have to or to just be annoying back :)

• Witas
    Witas Member Posts: 477

Depends. If I want to play anyone other than like 4 or 5 killers, then sure. I have to if I want to stand any chance.

If I play someone like Nurse or Spirit though, I tend to give them a bit of a leeway.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

I tried that..but now..no more bars held

• Streanschwien
    Streanschwien Member Posts: 14

As much as possible, but sometimes it’s just necessary to win (usually slugging is needed)

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,074

I'm trying to, but there are some bomb unhooks, so I just slug the unhooked one and chase the other one, giving them time to save the slugged one. It's hard to be nice, but I'm trying my best.

• Navas
    Navas Member Posts: 26

How is slugging even toxic?

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i tried.

after like 10 games of me getting genrushed in a row, i gave up.

i kill now.

you had no fun? too bad. me neigther when i traded 2 gens for a single hook.

seriously, its even worse than before the ruin nerf. and this comes from someone who didnt use ruin prior to the nerf aswell... gens pop soo much faster now...

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    edited January 2020

against overaltruistic SWFs with low rank players in them? yes.

against red ranks? good luck trying.

they'd have to seriously mess up to allow that to happen...

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 720

It comes down to ALOT. What do you consider "high rank" 12, 5, 1?

Generally I play against 6s and 8s. What happens in high ranks is about anything to get wins. Everything from slugging certain players, at certain times. To properly controlling a set of generators so survivors are picked-off as they play,. Most of the perks seam to only be slight "background noise" to the good survivors and they play through EVERYTHING.

Games get really intense. Infact hooking a survivor could mean time wasted if a person does NOT properly plan when they should be leaving a slugged player and pressuring generator teams.

------

They could play through old RUIN very well. Tap gens and hit skill checks like pros. As well as get that totem found and deleted on the map within 15-20 seconds.

BBQ made zero sense to ever use, since they all played and tried looping me all the time. Even forming up flashlight-squads and chains to block killers to the hook. So a person could NEVER hook a survivor.

Let us not forget the builds that prevent a killer from camping all together. Mettle of Man, Borrowed time, balanced landing and adrenaline.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Camping - I'll only really do it after the gens are done if I know I can't win so I can at least salvage a kill. Any time before that seems like a bad idea.

Tunnel - If the first person I find after someone is unhooked happens to be the person who was unhooked (and no one else is in sight), I'm going for them if I think I can down them quickly. Whether or not I slug from there depends on whether I think I can afford to eat a Decisive Strike.

Slug - No qualms about it, especially if I suspect DS.

• Eye66
    Eye66 Member Posts: 822

I strongly prefer a fair game where I can let people go in a chase sometimes but am being forced to slug, tunnel and even soft camp far more lately

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,283

Had that happen afew weeks ago where the Claudette was OBVIOUSLY a baby. Got to the point where I'd pass by her while chasing her teammates and give her a nod instead of turning and downing her. Let her live cuz I don't wanna stomp on a rank 20 and chase em out of the game.

The scorecard at the end pops up... They were rank 5. APPARENTLY alot of killers thought the same thing and she ranked up alot because of pity. We all got a good laugh out of it.