The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Question for the Devs

In this situation what can the killer do? i feel like the survivors are a bit OP when one person can do all these things to hold off a killer... and if that one person is caught, they can be rescued and it can all happen again.... or 3 more people can do the same stuff... it allows for soooo much time for the rest to get generators, and saying something like the killer could just go look for other survivors to kill then the one he left behind can just work a generator...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxY5oknzHE4

Comments

• KingOfPawns
    KingOfPawns Member Posts: 4

lol, yea just break every pallet... meanwhile the gens are getting done... when you're done with that perhaps you can get 1 kill before the door opens? i just started this game and i can tell how unbalanced it is... its stressful to play killer and its not for survivor.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

lol, yea just break every pallet... meanwhile the gens are getting done... when you're done with that perhaps you can get 1 kill before the door opens? i just started this game and i can tell how unbalanced it is... its stressful to play killer and its not for survivor.

He was being sarcastic. 
    "Just break the pallet" is a meme.

Yeah, the game is terribly balanced towards survivors. They are the majority of the player base. So they get the most attention. Killers get a bone from now and then.

Best you can do is to break the chase, ignore the problematic survivors and try to go for the weak link. Don't show mercy. If they bully you, return the favor by playing as dirty as you can. 
  • RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@Tsulan said:
    KingOfPawns said:

He was being sarcastic. 
    "Just break the pallet" is a meme.

Yeah, the game is terribly balanced towards survivors. They are the majority of the player base. So they get the most attention. Killers get a bone from now and then.

Best you can do is to break the chase, ignore the problematic survivors and try to go for the weak link. Don't show mercy. If they bully you, return the favor by playing as dirty as you can. 

Thank you for elaborating, I wasn't sure if he got it.

• KingOfPawns
    KingOfPawns Member Posts: 4

Sorry as i said before i am new so thanks for the clarification ... i am not aware of the game specific memes yet.. it isn't easy to translate sarcasm in text unless the other party is in on the joke :) .... though i do see a lot of people saying this type of thing a LOT online and for longer than just a few months and yet nothing... i feel like they come out with new killers to address certain community complaints for instance the pig can slow the game down to allow for more time to win but those types of fixes require you to play that character and still leaves the others in the dust... and things like the Freddy not being viable for how long now? perhaps they checked out for the new game they are promoting? IDK im kinda late to the game i suppose but after being out for years you would think a simple concept like this would be extremely polished.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    edited August 2018

@KingOfPawns said:
    Sorry as i said before i am new so thanks for the clarification ... i am not aware of the game specific memes yet.. it isn't easy to translate sarcasm in text unless the other party is in on the joke :) .... though i do see a lot of people saying this type of thing a LOT online and for longer than just a few months and yet nothing... i feel like they come out with new killers to address certain community complaints for instance the pig can slow the game down to allow for more time to win but those types of fixes require you to play that character and still leaves the others in the dust... and things like the Freddy not being viable for how long now? perhaps they checked out for the new game they are promoting? IDK im kinda late to the game i suppose but after being out for years you would think a simple concept like this would be extremely polished.

git gud - survivors say it everytime the killers complain about the imbalance in game, being constantly nerfed, while survivors being spoon feed by devs
    just break the pallet - everytime when killers complain about pallet looping exploit
    just play Civilisation V - one of the devs, Matheu Cote, said to killers they should stop playing DbD and move to another game, like Civilisation V.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Most of the serious players already know this.

Survivors are still in a overly powerful position.

There's currently a big debate among people who want the game to be more competitive, verse people who want the game to remain casual.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

@Hillbilly420 said:

@Mister_Holdout said:
    Most of the serious players already know this.

Survivors are still in a overly powerful position.

There's currently a big debate among people who want the game to be more competitive, verse people who want the game to remain casual.

A game can be competitive and still appeal to casuals. See: CS: Go or Overwatch.

You think the devs are smart or willing enough for that?

That's quite the stretch.

All I know is this game still has a long way to go.

• Zavri
    Zavri Member Posts: 261

noob3 trolls low ranks on purpose. Although everything except 360s and window baits will work no matter the ranks. Map design is pretty lulz atm.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522
    edited August 2018

@Hillbilly420 said:

@Peanits said:

Three safe pallets isn't the issue in that instance. 15 seconds running around each and they'd be down. The survivor here gained extra time by making the killer miss attacks and using that fatigue to gain distance. Had the killer taken a stun and respected the pallets less, they would have burned through them significantly faster.

Again (again), don't mean to discredit the point, but this isn't a great example of that because one player is clearly better than the other here.

Wrong. Let's pretend the Killer player wasn't using Billy. Here's the thing, Survivors are not obligated to throw down a pallet unless specifically it's Billy or a Leatherface that just got Bloodlust. Sometimes they'll just take the hit to keep the pallet up, especially when that pallet is next to other safe pallets or windows or if it's a god pallet like the shack pallet or the pig statue one in Coldwind.

15 seconds running around a safe pallet is charitable. It all depends on the spot and if you're using Billy/Nurse or maybe Huntress. If not, they can just run to another pallet and -again- not be obligated to throw down the pallet.

INB4 "Oh, if they take a hit to keep a god pallet then that's fine! That means that they're playing risky and just need one more hit to go down!" What risk is involved if there's tons of pallets nearby like in Blood Lodge? Or if they have Sprint Burst and can easily get to another spot? Or if they have DS and they're guaranteed to get away practically?

INB4 "Oh, if they have DS just break the chase!" What if they're not the Obsession and still have DS and I have no idea if they have it or not?

INB4 "Well, if they don't have DS you can still break the chase instead of getting looped!" Which means that I lose out on ranking up because the rank system really only rewards you if you chase someone and down them (not even getting into it screwing over chainsaw Killers). Not to mention that not chasing them just allows them to easily run off and heal and keep baiting the Killer to chase them.

Had a match just like that in Pallet Lodge. Two Survivors left. One gen remaining. TONS of pallets still up in the center of the map. I kept patrolling the gens and would go after one guy at a gen but I just could net get a chainsaw if it weren't one thing it's another like Sprint Burst or just not getting into that position where you can chainsaw him. If I M1 him, guess what? He runs off to the cancerous pallet land and baits me to chase him which allows the other guy to get a gen completed.The match took at least 30 minutes to finish because they just keep running back to the pallet land.

In the meantime as you're dealing with all this BS gens are getting done fast. And even IF and WHEN you catch them you still have to wait 2 precious minutes for them to die on a hook.

Y'see, you lost me here, because they are absolutely obligated to throw down the pallet if they don't want to get hit. They either throw it down and use that pallet to avoid a hit, or they don't throw it down and get hit. I haven't ever seen the "run around a pallet, don't throw it down, get hit and run to a different pallet" strategy come into play very much- and probably for good reason. The only thing making a pallet loop a pallet loop is the pallet. If you don't pallet in the pallet loop, you're just running around an object, and this is a non-issue.

As the killer, you are the obligation. If you're afraid of getting stunned and respect the pallet and they capitalize on that to get an extra loop, that's because they outplayed you. (I don't mean to say that running around the pallet is skillful, but the mindgame of throwing it down or faking you out is, and that's a skill both sides have to master.) They saw the opportunity to keep running and they took it. If you power through and force them to drop it, that pallet is out of play.

Thanks for the LOL's though.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

The video is literally noob3 sandbagging and bullying baby killers.

Yes. A survivor with hundreds of hours of more experience than you will destroy you, even single handedly. The game should work this way. This is called difference in skill.

Do you expect one of the most notorious jukers with over a thousand hours and multiple accounts in the game to be easily killed by someone who just started playing killer?

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

Noob3? bullying noobs? Say it isn't so.

This is a guy with knowledge and layout of majority of the maps and you're surprised he can last this long against new/bad killers?

Most competent killers I've faced don't even try to chase survivors like this for long because its not worth it in the long run. You can't focus too much on one survivor because it often leads to survivors completing their objective faster.

Besides this video is outdated considering the multiple double pallets on the maps.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited August 2018

@KingOfPawns said:
    In this situation what can the killer do? i feel like the survivors are a bit OP when one person can do all these things to hold off a killer... and if that one person is caught, they can be rescued and it can all happen again.... or 3 more people can do the same stuff... it allows for soooo much time for the rest to get generators, and saying something like the killer could just go look for other survivors to kill then the one he left behind can just work a generator...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxY5oknzHE4

You have to ignore such guys, you cannot win against competent survivors. Find the weak survivor and tunnel this guy. If there is no weak spot in the team, then you better DC to keep your sanity.

The game wasnt designed around optimal play, it is a game designed for casual play at rank 20.

• Master

@KingOfPawns said:

Sorry for you that you realized that so fast.
    The time before you realize how broken the game is is the actual fun-phase

• Master

@KingOfPawns said:

The pig is one of the worse killers because she has no tools that help her in chase. Sure, once she gets a survivor she can slow down the game a bit.
    You can determine how good a killer is by looking at how fast he can end chases and how much map control he has. Thats why nurse is without doubt the best killer.

New DLC killers have always been trash, they are just there to generate incomee and keep the game fresh, but they are always loopable which turns them into trash killers compared to nurse.

also you have to understand that for every killer there are 4 survivors, if they buff killers too hard and remove the OPness from survivor, then we would have insane queue times for killer.

As killer I recommend regular deranking, just start a few games while watchin a movie etc. This way you can still somehow enjoy the game and only occasionally face SWF who queue with low ranks to bully low rank killers.

• jiminie
    jiminie Member Posts: 200

Good that you didn't show us a video from 2016

• Peanits

@Hillbilly420 said:

@Peanits said:

@Hillbilly420 said:

@Peanits said:

Three safe pallets isn't the issue in that instance. 15 seconds running around each and they'd be down. The survivor here gained extra time by making the killer miss attacks and using that fatigue to gain distance. Had the killer taken a stun and respected the pallets less, they would have burned through them significantly faster.

Again (again), don't mean to discredit the point, but this isn't a great example of that because one player is clearly better than the other here.

Wrong. Let's pretend the Killer player wasn't using Billy. Here's the thing, Survivors are not obligated to throw down a pallet unless specifically it's Billy or a Leatherface that just got Bloodlust. Sometimes they'll just take the hit to keep the pallet up, especially when that pallet is next to other safe pallets or windows or if it's a god pallet like the shack pallet or the pig statue one in Coldwind.

15 seconds running around a safe pallet is charitable. It all depends on the spot and if you're using Billy/Nurse or maybe Huntress. If not, they can just run to another pallet and -again- not be obligated to throw down the pallet.

INB4 "Oh, if they take a hit to keep a god pallet then that's fine! That means that they're playing risky and just need one more hit to go down!" What risk is involved if there's tons of pallets nearby like in Blood Lodge? Or if they have Sprint Burst and can easily get to another spot? Or if they have DS and they're guaranteed to get away practically?

INB4 "Oh, if they have DS just break the chase!" What if they're not the Obsession and still have DS and I have no idea if they have it or not?

INB4 "Well, if they don't have DS you can still break the chase instead of getting looped!" Which means that I lose out on ranking up because the rank system really only rewards you if you chase someone and down them (not even getting into it screwing over chainsaw Killers). Not to mention that not chasing them just allows them to easily run off and heal and keep baiting the Killer to chase them.

Had a match just like that in Pallet Lodge. Two Survivors left. One gen remaining. TONS of pallets still up in the center of the map. I kept patrolling the gens and would go after one guy at a gen but I just could net get a chainsaw if it weren't one thing it's another like Sprint Burst or just not getting into that position where you can chainsaw him. If I M1 him, guess what? He runs off to the cancerous pallet land and baits me to chase him which allows the other guy to get a gen completed.The match took at least 30 minutes to finish because they just keep running back to the pallet land.

In the meantime as you're dealing with all this BS gens are getting done fast. And even IF and WHEN you catch them you still have to wait 2 precious minutes for them to die on a hook.

Y'see, you lost me here, because they are absolutely obligated to throw down the pallet if they don't want to get hit. They either throw it down and use that pallet to avoid a hit, or they don't throw it down and get hit. I haven't ever seen the "run around a pallet, don't throw it down, get hit and run to a different pallet" strategy come into play very much- and probably for good reason. The only thing making a pallet loop a pallet loop is the pallet. If you don't pallet in the pallet loop, you're just running around an object, and this is a non-issue.

As the killer, you are the obligation. If you're afraid of getting stunned and respect the pallet and they capitalize on that to get an extra loop, that's because they outplayed you. (I don't mean to say that running around the pallet is skillful, but the mindgame of throwing it down or faking you out is, and that's a skill both sides have to master.) They saw the opportunity to keep running and they took it. If you power through and force them to drop it, that pallet is out of play.

I explained as succintly as possible why they are sometimes not obligated to throw down a pallet. I will quote myself:

"Survivors are not obligated to throw down a pallet unless specifically it's Billy or a Leatherface that just got Bloodlust. Sometimes they'll just take the hit to keep the pallet up, especially when that pallet is next to other safe pallets or windows or if it's a god pallet like the shack pallet or the pig statue one in Coldwind.

INB4 "Oh, if they take a hit to keep a god pallet then that's fine! That means that they're playing risky and just need one more hit to go down!" What risk is involved if there's tons of pallets nearby like in Blood Lodge? Or if they have Sprint Burst and can easily get to another spot? Or if they have DS and they're guaranteed to get away practically?"

It's very simple to break down but I'll try a 2nd time though I doubt you will still understand:

A GOOD Survivor is not obligated to throw down a good pallet depending on:

1: the proximity the pallet is to other pallets. Blood Lodge or Wrecker's Yard is a good example of this. Especially the shack in Wrecker's Yard being right next to at least 2-3 safe pallet loops.

2: what perks they have and what kind of Killer they're facing and if they're SWF. Even if they don't have DS sometimes they'll take the hit if they're friends are waiting nearby so then if the Killer downs them at a pallet the friend will come on by and save them with a pallet or a flashlight.

3: it takes 2 minutes to kill someone on a first hook and the whole point of looping is to buy the other Survivors time. If they loop the Killer for 2 minutes that's at least 2 gens done. And experienced Survivors know where all the gens spawn anyway.

If you still cannot understand then that's on you. Because I've seen it happen multiple times. Granted, almost always happens at rank 1 so rank 20 players that know the devs don't see this at all.

The LOL responses are as close as I can get to down vote because you very sensitive people have taken away any kind of ability to down vote terrible posts, like yours.

Proximity to other pallets is a non-factor in this. I have yet to see anyone, even at rank one, run around a pallet, not throw it down, get hit, and then run to another pallet nearby. The entire purpose of the pallet is to avoid the hit. If they are running around a pallet without throwing it down and you hit them, I sincerely fail to see the issue here as you are doing exactly what you set out to do- except they aren't even putting up a fight.

Flashlight saves are incredibly hard to pull off against a competent killer these days. The pickup animation is significantly shorter giving less time to get into position, the blind angles are tighter- again, giving less time to get into position, and (for a long time now) you have full control over which direction you face as you pick up a survivor, and there are no instant blinds. You can very easily face a wall and hard counter flashlights (even if you can't, you can chase them off a little and then head back, facing the opposite way so the survivor would have to sprint all the way around you to get the blind). The only time anyone should ever get a flashlight save is if they're already in position, you're in the open with nothing to face, and the person with the flashlight is undetected (you don't know they're there).

• Peanits

@Hillbilly420 said:

@Peanits said:

@Hillbilly420 said:

@Peanits said:

@Hillbilly420 said:

@Peanits said:

I explained as succintly as possible why they are sometimes not obligated to throw down a pallet. I will quote myself:

"Survivors are not obligated to throw down a pallet unless specifically it's Billy or a Leatherface that just got Bloodlust. Sometimes they'll just take the hit to keep the pallet up, especially when that pallet is next to other safe pallets or windows or if it's a god pallet like the shack pallet or the pig statue one in Coldwind.

INB4 "Oh, if they take a hit to keep a god pallet then that's fine! That means that they're playing risky and just need one more hit to go down!" What risk is involved if there's tons of pallets nearby like in Blood Lodge? Or if they have Sprint Burst and can easily get to another spot? Or if they have DS and they're guaranteed to get away practically?"

It's very simple to break down but I'll try a 2nd time though I doubt you will still understand:

A GOOD Survivor is not obligated to throw down a good pallet depending on:

1: the proximity the pallet is to other pallets. Blood Lodge or Wrecker's Yard is a good example of this. Especially the shack in Wrecker's Yard being right next to at least 2-3 safe pallet loops.

2: what perks they have and what kind of Killer they're facing and if they're SWF. Even if they don't have DS sometimes they'll take the hit if they're friends are waiting nearby so then if the Killer downs them at a pallet the friend will come on by and save them with a pallet or a flashlight.

3: it takes 2 minutes to kill someone on a first hook and the whole point of looping is to buy the other Survivors time. If they loop the Killer for 2 minutes that's at least 2 gens done. And experienced Survivors know where all the gens spawn anyway.

If you still cannot understand then that's on you. Because I've seen it happen multiple times. Granted, almost always happens at rank 1 so rank 20 players that know the devs don't see this at all.

The LOL responses are as close as I can get to down vote because you very sensitive people have taken away any kind of ability to down vote terrible posts, like yours.

Proximity to other pallets is a non-factor in this. I have yet to see anyone, even at rank one, run around a pallet, not throw it down, get hit, and then run to another pallet nearby. The entire purpose of the pallet is to avoid the hit. If they are running around a pallet without throwing it down and you hit them, I sincerely fail to see the issue here as you are doing exactly what you set out to do- except they aren't even putting up a fight.

Flashlight saves are incredibly hard to pull off against a competent killer these days. The pickup animation is significantly shorter giving less time to get into position, the blind angles are tighter- again, giving less time to get into position, and (for a long time now) you have full control over which direction you face as you pick up a survivor, and there are no instant blinds. You can very easily face a wall and hard counter flashlights (even if you can't, you can chase them off a little and then head back, facing the opposite way so the survivor would have to sprint all the way around you to get the blind). The only time anyone should ever get a flashlight save is if they're already in position, you're in the open with nothing to face, and the person with the flashlight is undetected (you don't know they're there).

Sir, you have very selective reading. I clearly said:

"2: what perks they have and what kind of Killer they're facing and if they're SWF. Even if they don't have DS sometimes they'll take the hit if they're friends are waiting nearby so then if the Killer downs them at a pallet the friend will come on by and save them with a pallet or a flashlight."

It's a very common strategy, especially among SWF groups to purposely get downed at a pallet so their friends can throw it down to save them. Not to mention body blocking. But that's fine too I guess, right?

Edit: I'm also amused that you completely ignore my point and a very common complaint about the game is that there's too many pallets that spawn too closely together.

If you carelessly pick someone up at a pallet without searching the area first, yes, you probably will be stunned. There is always a degree of risk in picking someone up in a pallet, SWF or not.

I'm not ignoring your point by any means, I'm offering counter points to your argument. To say that I've never seen that strategy in my 2+ years playing and watching this game is anecdotal, but I don't seem to be alone here judging by the reactions. If someone is running in circles letting you hit them, that's not really a problem.

• Peanits

@Hillbilly420 said:

@Peanits said:

If you carelessly pick someone up at a pallet without searching the area first, yes, you probably will be stunned. There is always a degree of risk in picking someone up in a pallet, SWF or not.

I'm not ignoring your point by any means, I'm offering counter points to your argument. To say that I've never seen that strategy in my 2+ years playing and watching this game is anecdotal, but I don't seem to be alone here judging by the reactions. If someone is running in circles letting you hit them, that's not really a problem.

1: Your counter points have consisted of "I have never seen this. And it's fine as-is." Nothing more than that.

Let me ask you this: do you think Blood Lodge is fine? Do you think the placement of pallets and how the map is designed is fair? How about the building in Crotus Penn Asylum? Or how about this spot?

If you think this is all fine then I have some news for ya; Killers HATE these spots/Blood Lodge because they're badly designed. It's very clear that some people on the dev team or affiliated with the dev team live in a bubble. Perhaps you should watch how other Killers play the game instead of staying in rank 19 or strictly playing KYF or SWF?

2: who tf cares if some rando hits Vote Up on your post? Do you think that somehow validates ######### opinions? If the mods of the forum left the Vote Down options on the forum then I'd think you'd see your posts being equally down voted. You rigged the forum to silence down voting of ######### opinions.

You're assuming I've never played as a high rank killer, which is just straight up untrue. Right now you're putting words in my mouth and making assumptions with no basis. If you went back and read my earlier posts, you'd see that I was not denying any potential balance issues, I only said that this video in the OP was not a great example of it because the killers were not very good.

I'm a reasonable guy. If you have a video of someone running the "sprint around a pallet and get hit" strategy, I'm willing to check it out. But in my hundreds of hours of playing and thousands of hours of sifting through matches for reports, I have never seen someone do that.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Hillbilly420 said:
    And the mod finds some flimsy excuse to put me in jail because someone challenges him and they refuse to address my points.

"If you disagree with a mod we'll silence you!"

MFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOgT9Ifw6Io

Yeah, it has nothing to do with the fact that you were unnecessarily rude.

• Orion

@Hillbilly420 said:

@Orion said:

@Hillbilly420 said:
    And the mod finds some flimsy excuse to put me in jail because someone challenges him and they refuse to address my points.

MFW

Yeah, it has nothing to do with the fact that you were unnecessarily rude.

And it was the same mod who I disagreed with. Total coincidence, right?

No, because he saw the comments firsthand, since he was engaged in a discussion with you at the time. Your complaint amounts to saying that a cop is biased against you because he arrested you after you spit in his face.

• Peanits
    edited August 2018

@Hillbilly420 said:

MFW

No, because you decided to insult people with autism in a separate thread, which came up as I was going through reports. If I banned/jailed everyone who disagreed with one of my posts, half this forum would probably be banned by now. I play devil's advocate in loads of threads.

• Orion

You're not entitled to an answer after how you acted. Believe it or not, but people don't have to answer a question just because you asked it, especially if you were rude about it.