The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Which movie killer has the most evil story?

Martesa55
Martesa55 Member Posts: 208
edited May 2020 in General Discussions

In this post I don't want to say that killers are overpowered etc. All these days I hear that candyman will join in dbd so I decided to go and watch his movie. Candyman's movie is one of the sadest stories I have ever seen. Idk the story just made me feel bad. He ruined a woman's life... So I want to hear your thoughts which killer's movie is sadest? Also which killer has the most evil story?

Post edited by Martesa55 on

Comments

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,888

Do you mean worst as in badly written or worst as in evil?

• BeHasU
    BeHasU Member Posts: 830

You should change your worst with evil, people are gonna get confused, is till am, do you mean what's the worst evil story as in bad written or worst as in "the most evil killer and good written"

• Martesa55
  • Dwight_Fairfield

Oh well then definitely Michael Myers. Other movie killers usually had something awful happen to them like Candyman, Jason, Jigsaw, Bubba etc. Even Freddy had an abusive father when he was a kid. But Michael, from what we can tell he had a normal happy home. Then one Halloween night when he was 6 years old, he picked up a knife and murdered his older sister for no reason at all.

Ever since he's never wanted to put the knife down. As Dr. Loomis said he's purely and simply evil.

• Joelwino
    Joelwino Member Posts: 550

Michael Myers is strongly implied to have a mental illness similar to schizophrenia and in my opinion is a cautionary tale of what happens if you treat a mentally ill person in the absolute worst way possible. To quote the Wikipedia article on Michael's character;

"Carpenter's inspiration for the 'evil' that Michael would embody came when he was in college. While on a class trip at a mental institution in Kentucky, Carpenter visited 'the most serious, mentally ill patients'. Among those patients was a young boy around 12 to 13 years old. The boy gave this 'schizophrenic stare', 'a real evil stare', which Carpenter found 'unsettling', 'creepy', and 'completely insane'. Carpenter's experience would inspire the characterization that Loomis would give of Michael to Sheriff Brackett in the original film. Debra Hill has stated the scene where Michael kills a German Shepherd was done to illustrate how he is 'really evil and deadly'."

Michael Myers was a little boy with extreme schizophrenia whose family did nothing to help him. A common symptom of schizophrenia is hearing voices, so it would probably be safe to say that Michael heard voices that told him to kill his sister. And being six years old, at an age where empathy or even an understanding of good and evil is absent, he killed his sister. Doctor Loomis didn't even consider the thought that he was mentally ill and labeled him as pure evil, even as a six year old. To quote Doctor Loomis; "I met this six-year-old child with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes; the devil's eyes [...] I realized what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply...evil." How did Loomis become a licensed psychiatrist with a degree when he doesn't even consider that a six year old boy killed his sister because he was mentally ill.

Michael had no help during his formative years while suffering from an extreme mental illness, so it's obvious that when he broke out he wouldn't know better to not listen to his voices and kill people. He didn't have any guidance. He wasn't taught the concept of morals or alignment or empathy due to Loomis's sheer incompetence. While it's undeniable that the actions he committed were pure evil, I see him as an extremely mentally ill man who wasn't given proper guidance as a child and as a result has no way of dealing with the voices except for listening to them and killing people. The real killer in Halloween wasn't Michael, it was Loomis, who treated Michael so poorly that Michael became a killing machine with no grasp of good and evil.

In conclusion, Loomis is a horrible psychiatrist and Michael killing people could have been prevented if he got a psychiatrist who knew what they were doing. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

• Dolls
    Dolls Member Posts: 395

Freddy Krueger he raped kids! Dude...nobody worse than that. Raped and killed them.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I mean, sure, if you wanna ignore all the supernatural elements, he probably has a psychiatric condition. By that logic, Freddy's dead and the nightmares and ensuing effects are also the result of some sort of condition.

• Joelwino

The creator of Michael was directly inspired for Michael's character by a kid with schizophrenia he visited while in college. The symptoms Michael deals with on a daily basis are also symptoms of schizophrenia. The Fandom article on him does a better job explaining it than I do, so here you go.

• Orion

I thought it was implied that he was innocent, at least in the original film.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Freddy is probably the most evil killer, he is basically a pedo/child murderer. You can't get more ######### up than that.

• Joelwino

I'm really sorry that I didn't research it thoroughly, I shouldn't use a Fandom article as a reliable source

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

I'd argue pedophile Freddy was worst.

Candyman was mercilessly tortured yes, but it pales to what Freddy did to kids before death.

• Orion

Originally the title was "worst story", which I took to mean "poorly written".

• MegaWaffle

I see. Honestly why not have both types of responses, adds to the post flavor.

• Martesa55

When I wrote worst I ment not in his backstory but what he did in the movie. But everyone thought the backstory so I changed it...

• Feiten
    Feiten Member Posts: 204

I gotta go with Mike but I get that he had a mental illness, but what explains his strength? I never understood why he was so resilient.

• Martesa55

As I said in the previous I watched Candyman s film so I decided to make this post with the meaning which killer did the most bad think in his movies. Everyone thought the backstory so I changed it but same. This is also the reason that I spoke for Candyman. But steal everyone started speaking about the backstory so I just let it as the backstory

• Dwight_Fairfield
    edited May 2020

The movies never implied Michael was mentally ill. They pretty much spell out in fifty foot high letters through Loomis' dialogue that he is pure evil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5PxXzLoB9s&t=2m44s

• willingverse
    willingverse Member Posts: 2

Oh chill. She didn't say anything bad at you why are yours so asid? Also read carefully what she wrote in the post and later say that she writes poorly

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,497
    edited May 2020

Yet even he wont kill a child according to the director. This is emphasized in the new movie when he walks to a babies crib and looks at the baby before walking away. Also he walks past a bunch of kids who talk to him in the movie.

"As Myers is slaughtering his latest victim, the faint cry of a baby can be heard in the background. This immediately puts the audience on edge and as we follow Myers around the house, we can hear him getting closer to the baby. And in perhaps the tensest moment of the entire film, Myers finally reaches the crib and an unthinkable thought enters your mind, “Holy #########. Is Myers going to murder that baby?” The answer is, thankfully, no. After seeming to pause for a split second, Myers decides to leave the baby unharmed (other than the obvious damage of having murdered the child’s mom) and heads back out to slice and dice a few more unsuspecting suburbanites on his way to exact revenge against Laurie Strode"

• supersonic853

The others where made non cannon by 2018 and yes in the beggining he does kill the kid because hes in his way and he needs the car. But he wont kill a kid/baby for no reason. Same with the kids who were out trick or treating one literally walked right up to him and talked to him.

"While the rest of the movie works tirelessly to convince us that Myers is an unrepentant monster, his decision not to kill a defenseless, crying baby shows that he may actually have a shred of humanity left in him. Even Myers, who is meant to represent evil personified, knows that killing a baby is simply too dark and decides to stick to murdering adults instead"

• MegaWaffle

Assuming you felt Orion was "rude" to me in this reply please note that I never viewed their response as rude or aggressive.

One of the biggest things to do when reading a post is to always read it in a calm voice, especially with how toxic these forums can be. If the voice in your head sounds mad when reading then the words you read will sounds mad. I do not in any capacity see Orion being rude in this reply, they are simply explaining why they believed the OP was speaking in terms of "written poorly" and the title was indeed changed from the time I made my reply.

I can also defend Orion under the assumption of possibly "not reading" all the other posts as often I just read a few then answer one that catches my attention. As someone who reads far to many threads a day, a passing glance is the fastest way to get around.

PS: This too was typed in a calm mindset and isn't to be rude or poke fun at you at all. This is why its always important to never add a vocal tone to what you read. (^.^)

• The_Horde
    The_Horde Member Posts: 107

Hey, thanks! I'm sorry if I came off as harsh, I get defensive about that topic due to it being a common theme that someone with psychosis is inherently dangerous. That fandom article gets the worst out of me, when I first ran across it I was shocked and edited a few of the most damaging things.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    edited May 2020

Why are they non canon? The Halloween franchise has several timelines. They are all canon depending on which timeline you look at. I could say the original Halloween is non canon if I just looked at Halloween III which doesn't even have Michael Myers lol. Or the Rob Zombie movies.

Michael needed the car that's why he had to murder the child? Pull the other one its got bells on it. He was HIDING in the back seat waiting. What was stopping him from just taking the car before the kid got back? They keys were even already sitting in the ignition. Or why did he have to murder the kid to take the car? You trying to tell him he couldn't have just tossed the kid out and taken the car lol?

Look at the original movie when he escaped. He could have killed the Nurse and taken her car if he wanted to, but he didn't. He just scared her out of it and took it.

• supersonic853

Idk but these both take place in the same movie which he spares the kids who bump into him and the baby in the crib and in the beggining he murdered that kid so. And on canon halloween 2018 replaced all the other sequels as a sequel to halloween.

"The timeline now goes: Halloween (1978) and Halloween (2018). That's it. Those events of the other movies may not be “canon” for the new movie, much to the chagrin of fans, but the filmmakers still plan on having throwbacks and references to them for the eagle eyed fans that are hoping for some kind of acknowledgment."

• Dwight_Fairfield

Dude you're just choosing to look the 2018 movie (which he even murders a kid in lol). So I don't get your logic here. Why is looking at the other movies not valid just because the 2018 movie isn't including them? The Halloween 1, II, 4, 5, and 6 timeline is bigger and more inclusive than any of the others. Does that make them more valid than you cherry picking one movie to focus on?

But lets play devil's advocate and look at this one example you are so focused on; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEk58AqUVHg&t=3m7s

Look at that scene. Michael is hiding in the back seat of a car that already has keys sitting in the ignition. If all he wanted was the car why didn't he take it before the kid got back? Why didn't he just toss the kid out instead of murdering him, or are you trying to sell the idea he needed to kill the kid in order to get the car off him lol?

Michael waited for that poor kid to come back and murdered him. Plain and simple. So your claim he won't kill kids unnecessarily is totally wrong. Its a fact shown on screen.

• supersonic853
    edited May 2020

Why didnt he kill the 2 other kids though and the baby then? He even looks at the baby after walking up to its crib. Whats the difference between the kid at the beggining and the kids half way through.

In fact, when asked about Myers’ decision not to commit infanticide, Halloween co-writer and director David Gordon Green admits that it is “the one ethical choice he [Myers] makes.”

• Martesa55
  • Martesa55

Omg Oni... He just murdered his wife and cut his daughter... Also his mori is very violence I have to say. Its the first mori that I shocked watching

• supersonic853
    edited May 2020

Yet when the director is asked when he doesnt kill the baby the director says this.

In fact, when asked about Myers’ decision not to commit infanticide, Halloween co-writer and director David Gordon Green admits that it is “the one ethical choice he [Myers] makes.” and while the creator is nice the director directs what happens in the movie they are the end all. Same thing with the nurse. While hes evil he has lines he wont cross looks like.

• Dwight_Fairfield

John Carpenter's word trumps any director's word that came after him. Carpenter created Michael Myers. He is the authority. I don't know why you keep quoting Gordon Green either. He had Michael murder a child for no reason. His movie just helped support Carpenter's words.

• venom12784
    venom12784 Member Posts: 666

Freddy Kruger the bastard son of 100 maniacs. Who slauthered children.

• supersonic853

He also basically admitted michael wouldnt kill a baby. And pretty sure thats not how it works with other timelines with directors lol. Halloween 2018 was a reboot that made all the other movies non canon to my knowledge because some of them were pretty bad.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    edited May 2020

Michael tried to kill a baby in Halloween 6. Michael murdered a child in the 2018 movie. You cannot say Michael would never do either. They are both there in the movies. Its irrefutable fact. What's your next example?

FYI Halloween 2018 is not a reboot. Its a sequel. It takes place 40 years after the original. Its no different to Halloween H20 which just cherry picked which movie it was a sequel to.

• supersonic853

Then your saying the director lied when we literally see him walk up to the crib look at the child and walk away? Its a irrefutable fact that i see literally michael walk up to a crying baby whos defenseless looks down at it and walks away. The director even admits it was his choice to do so and its the one ethical choice michael makes during the movie. And mb they said its a reinvention i got confused. Green said what he said stop trying to deny his words and michaels actions. Your move.

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636

Myers without a doubt. Dude is just evil distilled.

He doesn't kill because he likes it. He does it because he has too. It's apart of him.

• Dwight_Fairfield

Of course its not a lie. But its no different to him not killing other people he easily could have but didn't in other movies e.g. the Nurse in the original when he escaped. Michael is unpredictable.

"His motivations aren’t entirely clear. All he’s doing is not entirely clear. " - John Carpenter.

There is nobody he won't kill, which again the movies have shown. This is not my opinion. This is a fact.

• supersonic853

And my fact is theres some people he choses not to this is a fact as well.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    edited May 2020

You came into this discussion trying to tell me Myers would never kill a child or a baby, and your entire argument has, and still does rest on a quote from David Gordon Green about one scene in one Halloween movie.

What you call a fact can't be a fact if its blatantly refuted by real proof in the movies themselves. You can't say Michael won't kill a baby when there's an entire Halloween movie that shows him trying to do so. You can't say he would never kill a child when he does in the 2018 movie, and spends two other movies trying to kill an 8 year old girl.

Again these are not my opinions. I'm simply stating what the movies show. I've stated what John Carpenter, the CREATOR of Michael Myers has said. These are real facts. David Gordon Green having one moment where Michael opted out of killing a baby doesn't mean he would never do it since the movies have already shown he would. Same as how he spared killing a Nurse doesn't mean he won't kill Nurses as Halloween II and other Halloween movies have shown.

Anyway we're done here. I can't keep repeating myself to you any more. If you want to cling to that Gordon Green quote as the defining word of Michael Myers' 40+ year characterization in the movies then go for it. You know what they say, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.