The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

People hate Heather...?

So uh, all you 'Cheryl mains' out there that are only playing her to unlock soul guard, is it just me or does every killer hate her? I thought we were only ruining the games of people who bought Lisa? Is it just me getting tunneled by every single killer, even though I'm not playing like your typical TTV clicky clicky guy? Does the community have a grudge against silent hill fans? Ignore me though. I haven't had a normal game all day and wanted to rant lmao.

Comments

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122

Besides people using Lisa, I haven't seen any special treatment of Cheryls in my games the past few days. Maybe its you they're going after?

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,707

First day I was tunneled pretty often as Cheryl but when I played yesterday I didn’t notice it at all tbh.

maybe it’s just the normal tunneling a new char because they probably don’t have Meta Perks yet or are trying to get the adept achievement.

• OhMyWords
    OhMyWords Member Posts: 230

it's because they are an easy target. if i was to see a default cheryl and a pizza dwight, i would farm bloods of cheryl so i can finish dwight and others later.

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889

I go after whoever I see though cheryls tend to get spotted first and sometimes ran into my open arms by accident. They all taste the same to the Entity.

• FloofyHaru
    FloofyHaru Member Posts: 40

Hell yeah. Kudos to BHVR for a sick dlc. Even though midwich doesn't play too well, it looks so good that I can't complain. Even playing against Pyramid Head is fun, it actually feels like I'm in danger when I'm being chased. Though the thought came to me just now that maybe I'm being tunneled because I've already P2'd her so I look a bit sweaty...

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Bah. Got her Adept and used her with Blood Pact to get the Healthy Obsession trophy.

I have no intention of using her again.

• FloofyHaru
    edited June 2020

@Dr_Loomis You are an evil human being. How dare you insult her in such a way?

• SketchyPenguin
    SketchyPenguin Member Posts: 141

I'm not really seeing Killers targeting Cheryls more often than other ones.

But I see an increasing amount of Killers that tunnel and/or face-camp since the new DLC dropped, especially with Pyramid Head

• rottmeister
    rottmeister Member Posts: 316

As Lisa I've noticed quite the few ebony moris combined with ultra rare add ons being used.

As Heather/Cheryl I haven't really noticed anything out of the ordinary.

Also talking about soul guard, has anyone managed to make some good use out of it?

I've managed to recover once when ruin was active. Never have managed to get the endurance hit though.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Not really, I haven't been slugged with a hex active, did manage to take a hit after getting up once. It might work better running it on a survivor that isn't Cheryl though.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

I have been playing Cheryl and I havent noticed anything different

• FloofyHaru

Got a noed ghostface yesterday(?) and while he was teabagging me at the gates i picked myself up and took the endurance hit, escaped, and got called a hacker over psn messages. Funny lot of people we've got over there.

• Kei_Ra
    Kei_Ra Member Posts: 56
    edited June 2020

Maybe they assume Cheryl players do not yet have meta perk builds but I have been grinding since launch and haven’t had any problems until I reached p3 with her now it’s every match but I get it and if me getting tunneled means gens are getting done I’m all for it.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

I hadn't noticed the meth girl getting special attention.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

It's because her name is a anagram for Hate Her

And not even a difficult one at that

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,377

I only know of Lisa getting hate,didn't notice anything different with Heather

• Grobovshick
    Grobovshick Member Posts: 19

I absolutely appreciate Cheryl. I haven't seen tunneling for her or something else. Maybe it's just a coincidence.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522

Now I can't confirm this, it's just a educated guess, but some people might target her over other survivors because she's new, so she usually won't be maxed out just yet. They're less likely to have full builds of meta perks, so they're easier targets. It tends to happen anytime there's a new character.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,495

Using lisa gets me targeted even more than heather though if you havent seen the lisa debacle.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

I think that it's more of a case of people with the Lisa skin being targeted similar to how Fallout First members got targeted in Fallout 76. Targeting people who payed lots of actual money for particular in-game purchases.

But yeah, there are going to be those who target Cheryl players for not having complete builds. That or they like her particular screams.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522

Petty people will be petty, for sure. Although that wouldn't affect Cheryl specifically if that were the case, only Lisa. Cheryl is just like any other DLC survivor.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Yeah, from what I've heard Lisa is targeted over Cheryl.

Both are still getting it bad, though.

I'm just kinda happy that people have turned their attention away from Claudette for now!

• WRussoW
    WRussoW Member Posts: 715

Don't be afraid, Cheryl is okay. People just know that you're not maxed out, so you're an easier target. But Lisa.... Let's not talk about her.

• WRussoW
    WRussoW Member Posts: 715

Lisa is not targeted just because she's expensive. Her price makes perfect sense. She's a cosmetic, that's 1080 cells. And she's a character, that's 500 cells. She can't be customized (no prestige), so subtract 100 cells. And you get 1480 cells, no issues with that. Her cosmetic part is okay, but her character part is not. Every other characters has unique perks, lobby name, lore info, voice and standing animation. She has unique standing animation and the perks are exchanged to the fact that you don't need to level her up as she shares the same bloodweb with Cheryl... So... Where is everything else?

• genosyo
    genosyo Member Posts: 46

i bought cheryl because i was in love with her default design. like i like how she looks, and i also LOVE the lisa garland skin,

therefore, i am now a claudette, kate, feng, nea and cheryl main...

• Ludox235
    Ludox235 Member Posts: 19

I've managed to escape with the endurance hit of soul guard, and i've managed to get up from the dying state because of ruin once. It's definitely not unbreakable levels of strong but it can be useful sometimes.

• Pale_Maiden
    Pale_Maiden Member Posts: 22

Because she is just that, a skin. She has a unique model and idle animation. She is lacking her own voice, and I would like for her to have one, but they already stated that they would like to do that in the future. Julie and Susie, for example, share a voice too. Aside from this, I don't see why she should have her own lore panel and similar stuff since, as I said, she is a skin. And her skin description has some lore tidbits about her.

• FloofyHaru

It's mainly because she's a skin that almost costs as much as 3 characters. The least they could do is a different voice and lobby name. They haven't done too well for the first "legendary skin" imo, new characters are effectively "legendary skins" for survivpors and they come with 3 new perks. They could've tried a bit harder. Though I never liked Lisa, so I'm not too bothered.