The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Another Billy with BBQ and chilly.

Ferr0r
Ferr0r Member Posts: 10

This is just an boring combo. 'Get in a locker'. Yeah, then you gotta stay there for a full game. Matchmaking is too broken and too many (new) players dont know how it works. They should change this freakin perk, like every killer runs it and on billy it is just boring.

Btw. Fix the DC penalty. Now you can leave a game without a penalty so like every two games you have a dc survivor.

Comments

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

Devs added NOED notification. I think that they should add BBQ notification when survivors expose themselves to it to help bad players learn the game.

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088

You just have to go into a closet for a few seconds, is that so difficult? If you think that new players need to know that, they have to play as killer, so they can learn how to counter their powers.

• Ghostwithaface
    Ghostwithaface Member Posts: 594
    edited July 2020

You only listed bbq, which is not a combo, unless you forgot to add in pop there. Than yes that would be a combo. Which bbq only shows where you are for a few seconds, which is far from the whole game. That and you have not listed once how bbq is boring or how it boring when slapped onto Billy. That and even if it indeed boring for you, boring is subjective. While it far easier to know if something is balance or not, for you can look at things objectively, like what does this perk do, what are the strengths and weakness of it? For something can be "boring" but can be perfectly balance and there would be no logical reason to change it.

• 28_stabs
    edited July 2020

I wouldnt mind, if it wouldnt enourage tunneling to death. :^) Telling about* wallhacks and telling killer that it is ez tunnel are two different things. Devs can add info about DS in killer tutorial tho.

• Splinterverse
    Splinterverse Member Posts: 445

I do think certain combos are big problem in solo queue. Billy always has BBQ, so survivors should be anticipating and countering it. However, in solo queue, you don't know if the survivor has ever watched a video or read anything about it and you can't tell them to do it. BHVR should consider restricting combos of certain killers with certain perks (looking at you Spirit + Stridor). BBQ + Billy might be another one worth restricting.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

NOED notifies survivors because it's a HEX perk. All hex perks notify survivors.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited July 2020

BBQ can only proc 12 times per match, giving killer 48 seconds of aura.

Survivors have perks like Distortion which render BBQ useless for 3 hooks, giving you invisibility.

You are not forced to hide in a loicker "for full game" its literally less than one gen time

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

your trolling, bbq is fine idk why you think this is op

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,925

I guess Barbecue and Chilly is the new Pop goes the Wizzle.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146

A lot of people, including myself, only use it to reduce the grind and the aura reading is just a bonus. I think they should keep it like that but buff the survivors version of it to see the killers aura for a few seconds after a unhook.

• 28_stabs
  • Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Why though? As I said the only reason NOED notifies survivors is due to the fact it's a hex perk. Why would you want BBQ to act like a hex perk? Might as well put anything on the list that might catch bad survivors off guard like Nurse's Calling for instance...

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

Or you could get in the habit of moving around your gen to the side opposite where the person who went down was. Less than a second off your gen and you counter the perk if the killer has it just by being conscientious of the goings ons of the game.

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,982

This has to be a troll post or you just feel like complaining. Of course Billy's run BBQ. There's no reason not to and he's the killer who can capitalize on it the best, even better than the nurse if the map is not indoors

• VSchmitt
    VSchmitt Member Posts: 571
    edited July 2020

Always assume that the killer have BBQ. If you're in two in a gen and the killer come to say hi, assume he have Discordance. Always assume that the killer have at least one information perk and learn how to play around it.

Killers have to face so much BS from survivors and you want to nerf a perfectly balanced perk? It's 4 seconds of aura reading and most of the time, if you know how to play against it, you don't even need to go in a locker, just fake your position and move on.

When I started playing I've spent hours seeing videos on youtube and learning about killer's powers and perks, as well for learning survivor perks, information is power and it's really easy to learn these things if you watch one or two videos on youtube.

• 28_stabs

Hiding behind a gen doesnt completely hide your aura. If killers pc doesnt struggle to run the game, killer will see you.

Its not less than 1s, bbq is 4s long. Long enough to track unaware new players and destroy them at lower ranks.

It would be nice, if devs would add something about BBQ at least to tutorial.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Are you really complaining about BBQ on one of the few killers its actually good on?

Even ignoring the fact that just about every survivor I go against has the same 2 perks, BBQ isn't really that good on anyone except high-mobility killers. People just run it for BP's. Personally, I like my killers running it, because I can use myself as bait.

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088

How much do you get paid for being a joker? Apparently it is a lot because your arguments do not stop making me laugh.

• 28_stabs
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522

BBQ & Chilli is only active for 4 seconds after they hook someone. There's no reason to stay there for the entire game. All you gotta' do is get to a locker when someone gets picked up, get in the locker, wait for them to be hooked, then count 4 Mississippis (5 if you're a fast counter and want to be safe). Then you're free to carry on doing whatever you were doing.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,063
    edited July 2020

Hell, half the time I legitimately forget to check for auras.

Personally I usually go by when the sound effect bubble from the hooked Survivor's scream fades away.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

Only ‚problem‘ of BBQ is on high mobility killers such as Billy and Freddy, that can reach the survivor basically in the time the aura is shown and OP even said they know how to counter it, but many inexperienced survs don’t and thus the whole team gets snowballed easily.

why is everyone being so defensive when they only run this perk bc of the BP bonus? No one said there needs to be done something against that. And no one said it should be nerfed to the ground.

but maybe an adjustment towards the mobility of the killer could be considered, making it not so super strong for the killers that already have it easier and maybe even buff it for those killers with lower mobility.