The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

When do you guys skip a lobby as killer?

Comments

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

This is an inherent advantage killers have with lobbies. Don't like flashlights? Smells like a SWF? Leave.

Unfortunately, survivors are greatly disadvantaged at avoiding overpowered killers or those with broken attributes.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

Back when toolboxes had tons of charges and a more significant impact on match length, I'd often avoid lobbies where 3 or more survivors were planning to bring them. These days though, I never dodge lobbies because of the survivors. Especially not if a whole bunch of them are gonna run flashlights; those matches are usually an exciting time.

Now it's dependent on whether or not my connection to the server will remain stable at an acceptable latency. If it's looking like I'm going to have high or inconsistent ping in the upcoming match, I'll just back out and try again. Especially since internet speed/connectivity issues aren't usually a problem on my end anymore with my current service provider.

• Psychobeastz
    Psychobeastz Member Posts: 164

Same, that kind of game gets me excited regardless of the outcome.

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

Never do it. Even when I lose, I still learn something.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,130

I'll dodge lobbies when survivors have YT or TTV in their names. Otherwise, I usually don't care. It's easy enough to go afk during a match if I'm not having fun. Hell, even if I get a lobby with four Claudettes, I'll sometimes wander around the map looking lost pretending like I can't see them (I'm sure there's also a lot of times when I don't actually see them, too, which is fine, I'm just not interested in searching bushes). That's fun.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Depends if I usually had a bad couple matches so I just want to relax and have some fun. Only for me to run into a Squadette, key user or a group of people with multiple tool boxes/ flashlights I usually just dip.

Not taking that bullet whilst in a bad mood because it's most likely just going to annoy me enough to pull scummy bs in the next match I play and that will probably just end up annoying the survivors then causing them to be toxic to other people

• TheWarNung
    TheWarNung Member Posts: 794

Keys. And then more keys.

I don't always drop a lobby when there's a key. Sometimes I bring a mori specifically for the keymeister. Most of the time I just play around it. But it changes the way you approach a match and sometimes I just can't be bothered.

Oh, and if you bring a key AND a map offering I'm hard-quitting the game and leaving you in loading screen perdition. Have fun waiting for your next lobby, you boosted son of a [censored].

• DariusB92
    DariusB92 Member Posts: 122

If I suspect they are at least a 3 man team. Most of games i played, one or all tend to troll me or act in an aggressive or toxic manner. Also if i see a key and map combo I can already tell what the plan is. Sometimes I just play it with low expectations too that way im not getting a sweaty match of getting too pissed about it. Sometimes I remember the names(I play survivor and killer alot equally) of players I played with or against and I'll avoid them especially if I see they are streamers so i know they are gonna show out.

Just some reasons id skip a lobby but alot of times even if I suspect any of these things I still play it, just with low expectations.

• DariusB92

Is there a way off ps4 to know that they are in a team or how many hours they play?

• Psychobeastz
    Psychobeastz Member Posts: 164

Yeah I need to start dodging those ttv's as well, man are they on a mission. Last time I had one he kept complaining about me tunneling as pyramid head. Dude literally ran up to farm and I was only 10 meters away, went right back and called me a tunneling weeb. Then when I dropped by his stream and told him the good old gg and glhf, he then proceeds to say "why not drop me a follow"....

What?????

• LeaderoftheSaints
    LeaderoftheSaints Member Posts: 162

If i see a haddonfield offering i leave in loading screen 😂

• Laffle
    Laffle Member Posts: 82

As killer, I know a few names on PC red ranks that use OoO all the time, so I just try to avoid them.

As survivor, I'll leave the lobby if my team starts saying some weird or racist stuff in chat.

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833

Keys. Keys=Leave.

• jisp3r
    jisp3r Member Posts: 317

Yellow or red latency are the only reason.

• MrLimonka
    MrLimonka Member Posts: 545
  • nytkim
    nytkim Member Posts: 102

I skip keys. And blendettes if I have no moris or want to use another offering

• OtakuFreak
    OtakuFreak Member Posts: 206

I do not dodge. I'll change my set-up and offerings based on what I know.

If they have four flashlights, I'll bring lightborn.

If I see a single key, I bring a red mori and tunnel the guy with the key ASAP out of the game.

If I see toolboxes, probably something like franklin's.

• DariusB92

Okay lol I didn't see any so I usually just assume or use best judgement

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

When I suddenly have to use the bathroom or answer the phone...

Otherwise the only reason I would dodge is if I already played that group in the previous game.

• voorheesgt
    voorheesgt Member Posts: 827

I do it when my wife walks in as soon as I'm pulled in a lobby and asks me to go somewhere with her... This happens pretty regularly as I think when a lobby forms, she senses a disturbance in the force lol.

Usually I just hurry and adjust my perks and add ons... 2 or 3 flashlights, switch a perk to lightborn. 2 or 3 flashlights, jake w toolbox or 2 yui's, equip lightborn, mad grit, agitation and NOED just to bully the bullies. I've actually gotten a 3k and a DC in 4 mins because 2 people got downed while trying to sabotage, flashlight stun and body block my first hook carry😂

• Eduardo_92596
    Eduardo_92596 Member Posts: 1

That’s true because i was in a situation where me and this pc player finished a gen. After we finished it he blocked my way from the killer shack and I was like really dude so therefore I was like I gave up on that match.....

• BitingSea
    BitingSea Member Posts: 332

I only leave lobbies if i wanna do something else or if I see a Haddonfield Offering with a map and key, otherwise, I usually tend to stay until I get angry or the match ends

• KingNecro
    KingNecro Member Posts: 4

I dodge if there are less than 3 console players.

JK. If I'm having a rough day or I'm playing a killer I'm less experienced with, i will usually try to avoid the lobbies that look like trouble. I recently did rather well against a three flashlight SWF which has helped my confidence, but I can still distinctly recall several 4 flashlight lobbies and all the frustration they forced on me for the sake of their own entertainment. Even worse a few years ago when destroying all the hooks on the map was a feasible task for SWF to do while still doing gens, and I had a corn map with no hooks and a flashlight around every corner. Bad times.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

This usually spells the most boring time for me so I skip it as killer and survivor.

• Kikki
    Kikki Member Posts: 536

If I face a Key or a 4 man SWF.

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858
    edited September 2020

I try not to skip lobbies. I can learn from hard matches. But, it does make sense sometimes... like keys. But, sometimes tunneling someone with a key works well, too. :)

Post edited by FellowKillerMain on
  • celestialking24
    celestialking24 Member Posts: 29

If the group I'm playing with looks like they may be SWF group, I leave to save me the hassle of dealing with that annoyance.

I'll also leave if I recognize any toxic survivor I may have encountered before because I don't need to deal with the hassle nor do I really need to be sent vulgar messages because they are salty they lost.

• yadielrodriguez
    yadielrodriguez Member Posts: 515

Just bring mori and Franklin and lightborn and noed and you be fine.

• yadielrodriguez
    yadielrodriguez Member Posts: 515

Funny part when I see 3 or 4 blendettes I just bring mori lol.

• timbologna
    timbologna Member Posts: 348

I feel that way too unless it's the weekend then the inevitable white wards come up and I know exactly what I'm in for. Nonetheless depips happen, i just bounce back during the week days

• Alex_Splicer
    Alex_Splicer Member Posts: 122

Keys, multiple of the same survivor, multiple toolboxes/flashlights sometimes, full team of bloody clothes with or without items.

It's hard to tell what you are dealing with on Xbox though, you can't see how toxic they are; just guess by the names and profile pics.

But it doesn't really matter in the end now thanks to crossplay - just want to versus my favorite YouTubers but instead I get stupid quick games because everyone only does gens and never wants to do chases.

I'm pretty close to just being done.

• Human_Giraffe
    Human_Giraffe Member Posts: 123

I usually only dodge a lobby if the survivors have similar names because then you know they're probably a SWF, and I have been getting so many SWF at purple ranks that I only get a 4 man kill once every 4 games.

• Human_Giraffe
    Human_Giraffe Member Posts: 123

Bring lots and lots of detection perks like Infectious, BBQ, Surveillance, and Iron Maiden.

• Lazerboy88
    Lazerboy88 Member Posts: 517

Never

• DerFan
    DerFan Member Posts: 42

i dodge alot of lobbys till i get a lobby with PC players only or not more than 1 console players. if i want to vs console survivors, i can also play mirror myers on ormond.

• Rhe2veja
    Rhe2veja Member Posts: 63

A full Claudette team with flashlights

• ZerLukas
    ZerLukas Member Posts: 294

It depends on my mood but I often dodge:

• Keys
    • 4 man SWFs. I usually can check profiles and friend lists in under a minute so I often know if they're SWF or not.
    • People with "Toxic" in their names.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974

i don't. the possible hardships force improvement

• Perfectsavage_13
    Perfectsavage_13 Member Posts: 23

I lobby hop whenever there's usually a SWF, key bringing and overall survivors that I know will be sweaty tryhards.

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967

I never Dodge. I'm a mi tier killer and up for the challenge.

I'm a former StarCraft player and always have the perk, calm spirit. I don't get mad, frustrated, or aggravated. I can keep calm under pressure.

I'll fight anyone and everyone. Bring it on!

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 869

Any lobby with survivors in it is a lobby I will dodge

• Withered
    Withered Member Posts: 71

I don't lobby dodge like ever, but I'm a completionist so I'm tempted to lobby dodge to get the different bubba masks since I need to verse Claudette, Jake, Meg, or Dwight to even get a little progress

• Pogiforce
    Pogiforce Member Posts: 8

I have never dodged a lobby. The ONE Time I quit a game early, it was because something pressing came up IRL and I was forced to abandon the game. I apologized to the survivors in the post game screen before leaving. extremely difficult games are just part of the experience, and I see each as an opportunity to improve, and a fresh experience that differs from all the other games where I just pugstomp.

• Schmierbach
    Schmierbach Member Posts: 468

Never, Ive played the game long enough to welcome challenges. Especially streamers who are decent, cause I'll go and watch their match against me to learn how they play and react against my playstyle and use it to learn.

Everytime i hear streamers say things like, " what is this guy doing?, I cant predict him." Or "i didn't expect that" I consider it a compliment. Do I always win? No, 4 keys or toolboxes is basically a guaranteed loss unless I'm playing Nurse or Spirit, but I suprise myself sometimes so I try anyway.

• maxkidd
    maxkidd Member Posts: 21

Never just changed the build a bit for swfs or 4 flashlights. The salt generated from taking lightborn is hilarious. Keys are a must kill and anything else I just let them use. BNP can be solved with a pop or ruin, meds dont matter most of the time(gf/legion player) and maps are maps idc. While I feel killers should get something for dealing with swfs(slight bp buff per swf or something) dodging lobbies removes a certain challenge but then again some people would rather relax, but then I wonder while your playing dbd to relax lol.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

I’ve only been dodging lobbies as Bubba so I can specifically get Dwight, Jake, and Meg because I STILL NEED THEIR FACES AND NOBODY PLAYS JAKE LIKE EVER.

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120

Never. I might change a perk depending on what I see, but I never dodge.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

I'm going for adept achievements right now, so the last thing I want to deal with is 4-man SWF groups. Fortunately, queue times are extremely fast for me.