The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Remove Broken Key

Its useless. I honestly think that with the hatch rework comeing soon, we could get rid of keys entirely.

Replace them with a new item type -
Injections. 
Injections take 3s to use and are consumed on use, however bringing an empty vial back to the campfire, it will be refilled

Green - on use, cure a status effect
Purple - on use, cure all status effects and increase movement speed for 15 seconds
Pink - on use, cure all status efffects and increase movement speed and give the endurence effect for 15s

Addons -
Common)
1) Ruber plunger - slightly decrease injection time
2) Preformence enhancers - slightly increase repair and sabotage time for 45s
3) Sedative - pain noises are masked by 25%
Uncommon
1)Medication - Immune to new status effects for 30s after the injection wares off
2) White blood cell vial - you are healed 25% faster for 60s
3) Glowing agent - after use, you cannot be blinded for the rest of the match
Rare
1) Focus enhancer - skillchecks are 20% bigger for 30s and 8% bigger for the rest of the trial
2) Automatic Plunger - Injectiontime is now .5s
3) Strange powder -  increases aura reading power by 12m for 90s and then by 4m for the rest of the trial
Very Rare
1) Separated Vial - can be injected twice, but slkghtly increases injection time
2) Irridecent Powder - any time based or % based asset of the item ir another addon is increased by 25s and 10%

Comments

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Another painfully detailed demand from an unhappy customer who thinks his great ideas will save the game; while having no teal idea how to actually create something (eg. programming). Nothing new.
    I agree with broken key being useless though. I HATE spending BP on it. But @M2Fream , please don't start your discussion with "remove broken key". What are the devs supposed to reply? "Yes Sir"?

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    I wish they would increase the charges, thats all

• Zaije
    Zaije Member Posts: 38
    Just remove it from the chests, it's literally unusable unless you run a perk to get add ons. 
  • M2Fream
    M2Fream Member Posts: 288
    Another painfully detailed demand from an unhappy customer who thinks his great ideas will save the game; while having no teal idea how to actually create something (eg. programming). Nothing new.
    I agree with broken key being useless though. I HATE spending BP on it. But @M2Fream , please don't start your discussion with "remove broken key". What are the devs supposed to reply? "Yes Sir"?

No. They should say
    "It looks like some members of the community are unhappy with certain mechanics. Lets see how we can tweak it to make it have a better impact on the cimmunity and improve the quality of the game."
    Just be glad Im atleast giveing feedback and suggestions unlike some of the crybaby threads we have all seen where people say something like
    "Remove nurse. Its unfair that she cant be pallet looped and she isnt restricted by the map as much as she should be"
    Thats not helpful because, while it may be a somewhat valid concern, it offers no better idea or reasoning.

I do have reasoning. 
    The upcomeing hatch change may make keys non viable, and it is a rather well kniw fact that the green key is a joke. 
    I also offer my own ideas in substitution.

I dont really see anything wronh with my thread, though I can see where you are comeing from. It is a little bit of a complaint thread, but its more like constructive critisism. Its civil, about the game, and contains no cheats/hacks, so its a fine thread according to the guidelines.
    I hope you understand where Im comeing from.
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    M2Fream said:
    Its useless. I honestly think that with the hatch rework comeing soon, we could get rid of keys entirely.

Injections. 
    Injections take 3s to use and are consumed on use, however bringing an empty vial back to the campfire, it will be refilled

Purple - on use, cure all status effects and increase movement speed for 15 seconds
    Pink - on use, cure all status efffects and increase movement speed and give the endurence effect for 15s

Addons -
    Common)
    Uncommon
    1)Medication - Immune to new status effects for 30s after the injection wares off
    Rare
    1) Focus enhancer - skillchecks are 20% bigger for 30s and 8% bigger for the rest of the trial
    3) Strange powder -  increases aura reading power by 12m for 90s and then by 4m for the rest of the trial
    Very Rare
    1) Separated Vial - can be injected twice, but slkghtly increases injection time
    2) Irridecent Powder - any time based or % based asset of the item ir another addon is increased by 25s and 10%

Very creative, @Peanits... what do you think?
  • Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

green key best key

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522
    Nickenzie said:
    M2Fream said:

Injections. 

Addons -
    Common)
    Uncommon
    Rare
    Very Rare

Very creative, @Peanits... what do you think?
    I was actually peeping at this earlier today but didn't have time to reply. I think it's a neat idea for an item, but I don't think it needs to replace the broken key. The broken key can do some pretty cool things with the right add-ons, I just think it consumes charges too fast to be practical. It's a lot like the map, in that regard. Cool, but only cool for like, five seconds before it runs out.
  • ArkadyR3D
    ArkadyR3D Member Posts: 8

I don't think I've ever actually used one in game. I'll have to try one and see what it can actually do but I'm compelled to agree that it's a little useless.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Ok @M2Fream , I get you. It's just my aversion to complaints in general I guess.
    Still, I see no point in going into such detail about one's ideas in the deafening ruckus that this forum is. Again, just my opinion.
  • I always get lowkey disappointed when I pull the green key out of a chest...

Get it? ;)

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

I think keys have potential, they need a bit of a buff (the broken ey in particular) and maybe some more addons to make them do more.

This discussion has been closed.