The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

cant see in game friends list

behaviour account linked but all my previous friends not show in game friend list please resolve these

11 votes

Acknowledged ยท Last Updated

Comments

• vishvajit1994
    vishvajit1994 Member Posts: 5

in steam friends are show but in game friends list not showing

• Vallendarf
    Vallendarf Member Posts: 8

I have the same problem. Me too linked BHVR account and then I can't see friends list in game. I can only join via steam.

• RedditUser69
    RedditUser69 Member Posts: 193

It's absolutely ridiculous that this happened. My friend linked his account and suddenly we can't play together. I linked my account too just to see if it'll start working but now I just can't invite anyone.

How in God's name did that get past testing?

• Hallucinogenic
    Hallucinogenic Member Posts: 6

I am here to report the same issue. No visible friends list from steam or xbox one

• crazygirl
    crazygirl Member Posts: 20

I am too having the same issue what the hell is going on with this game just lately

• harfmil
    harfmil Member Posts: 3

This is happening for me as well. I just linked my bhvr account and since then I cannot see any in game friends and they cannot see me. Some folks are able to join directly via steam, but most are receiving an error when they try.

• harfmil

FYI - I unlinked my bhvr account and all my friends now show again. This may work for most as a temporary solution until they resolve the issue. (it says there is a 60 day wait to re-link if you do this).

• vishvajit1994
    vishvajit1994 Member Posts: 5

today i open game and see that looks your problem with me also and all my progress is gone auric cells shards or bloodpoints also in my behaviour account saids relink after 60 days i cant do anything in behaviour account yesterday i inked with behaviour and all gone please understand the problem and solve these problem as soon as possible

• Boel
    Boel Member Posts: 2

I have the same problem, since it was linked I can't see any friend !!

• harfmil

Any updates on this issue?

• robthulhu
    robthulhu Member Posts: 2

My list was like this but now its back to wear i can see everyone, but now i cant send or accept new friend requests from new friends

• TheRealKyohm
    TheRealKyohm Member Posts: 1

Has there been any updates or progress on fixing this issue. I donโ€™t want to unlink my account and lose all my progress I made.

• DerpyTreeStump
    DerpyTreeStump Member Posts: 8

No updates or anything that I know of. Just solo queuing for anyone that wants to play normally or lose all your currency and progress in rift and bloodwebs if you wanna play with friends. Even then I heard sometimes it doesn't fix itself after unlinking so you lose everything for nothing.

And it has been like this for two weeks which ain't right and of course it happens when everyone wants to play with each other. Only way round it is hope you have a friend on pc that hasn't linked their account yet cause they are the only one that can invite your console friends.

• Vallendarf

I reported this problem to https://support.deadbydaylight.com. I'm waiting for a second week for a reply. Still nothing. No response. I started playing, character levels and blood points can be made up but auric cells lost and impossible to recover (28k +). BHVR seems to have ignored this problem. Of course, I can play it cool with my friends, everything works for me. (I'm after disconnecting my BHVR account from steam. As I wrote in the previous post, I lost progress).

Sending a ticket to the support also does not help. it's a pity it takes so long. Those who still have an account connected cannot enjoy the game with their friends, and those who have disconnected have to wait unknown how long to restore progress (and it is not known yet if it will be successful). I do not know if after disconnecting the account, so that they can return progress, it is impossible to play but if you cannot, how long can you wait? We wish we could play, not wait a lot of time.

The game is awesome but the customer service needs to be improved

• MrBifkin
    MrBifkin Member Posts: 17

@Vallendarf I'd the same thing happen to me, lost all shard cells and BP as well as all the progress I'd made leveling chars was reset to when I'd originally linked the account.

On top of that I only get shards for levels. None for gaining xp, maybe i'm wrong but I could have sworn I got shards for that before.

• Proboarder82
    Proboarder82 Member Posts: 2

Anyone know yet if there is any update on being able to disconnect without losing progress yet?? It is a damn shame this is the problem we are all having and that now we aren't even able to play with our friends.

• robthulhu
    robthulhu Member Posts: 2

i emailed them last week, my 4th email iv sent, but they refuse to answer any questions ortell you anything. i genuinely believe they dont give a ######### about it anymore. like they wont even acknowledge it. like i know it seems pushy to email them 4-5 times but if they would tell me something on email 1 that would have been cool.

• Vallendarf

A month ago, I posted a ticket on this topic to the support page. I wrote to them every other day hoping for any answer. In the end, I let go and waited. Recently I go in to see if anything has changed and they changed the status of my problem as solved. I laughed because they had literally done nothing to fix this problem and lost progress to zero.

• Yuick
    Yuick Member Posts: 3

"its being looked into" you post that response on october 19, we are almost on 2021 and the issue wasnt even fixed yet... are you sure you are at least trying to fix it? possible ban incoming for saying the truth bc for your convinience its bashing devs but whatever. I already posted this same bug and was deleted for some reason... ๐Ÿ˜๏ธ

• _RupTurE_
    _RupTurE_ Member Posts: 112

I also have created a support ticket. I currently cannot invite or be invited to a group cross-platform.

It's unbelievable to me that account linking wasn't tested first to make sure it didn't break cross-platform friends. I mean copying an account to another is pretty dramatic and should have been fully tested with all aspects of accounts.

As a content creator and mostly survivor, the days I set aside for open lobbies have largely been ruined by this bug.

Its also sad that there has been no update in over a month.

• Buta
    Buta Member Posts: 3

I'm someone else who has put a ticket in about this issue a while ago. Got similar disappointing and vague response. This is ridiculous. I hope it gets fixed soon. ๐Ÿ˜‘

Btw - thanks for the warning about the stuff being lost if you unlink your account. I hesitated to do that with my Steam account because of the 60 days threat, but I'm glad I didn't even more now. I hope they also fix those accounts that did unlink!

• Buta

I got a message today saying they'd fixed it. I cannot see my console friends still and I'm still not on my original hastag in game. I'm now trying a file validation, which hopefully will do the trick, but I'm doubtful.

Have reopened my ticket of course.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,899

I believe a fix was pushed for this issue today, so hopefully it's solve the issue for you.

• fo_shiz
    fo_shiz Member Posts: 21

I had to re-add my console friends on PC, but at least I'm able to play with them again after today's fix!

• _RupTurE_
    _RupTurE_ Member Posts: 112

Early Christmas present!!!!!! Kudos to whoever worked on this and got it fixed and you for dealing with us complaining :)

• Buta

So still lost contacts then if you have to find people again.