The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Closing Tech or Bug Reports

slingshotsurvivor
slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
edited September 2018 in General Discussions
If a user goes through the trouble reporting an issue or a bug then someone should respond and answer the following questions below BEFORE closing the ticket aka thread (at a minimum) :

> History - Is it a known issue/bug or unique? Why did it Happen? 
> Frequency - Can it be expected to happen again? 
> Impact - Did it impact or change anything? 
> Mitigation - Is there anything a user can do so that it doesn't happen again? 

What's the point of reporting when a user gets no answers just a closed thread? 🤷‍♀️

Serious question. 

Best Answers

• slingshotsurvivor
    edited September 2018 Answer ✓
    Tsulan said:
    Problem with reports is, that people report stupid things when they lose.
    Yesterday I was reported for wallhacking.
    I don't think we are talking about that kind of issue. 

Reporting a bug or tech issue has nothing to do with winning or losing the game. A user would have to actually do more than just click a button. These tickets require the user to expend a bit more energy... It's a good deterent especially given it requires one to actually read or look up something. 

But who am I kidding we know some peeps will do just about anything when they're determined or salty 🤷‍♀️

Answers

• feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    they just dont care
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522
    Those threads that appear closed were likely moved. If you click on it, it'll bring you to the open thread where it was moved to. You'll see a lot of that in the technical issues subforum since people sometimes put bug reports there when it's supposed to be for getting help with issues (e.g. game not launching).

Having a response for each thread is just not realistic. Any time QA has to spend posting responses is time they're not spending fixing bugs. Feedback is great, but that would greatly slow down the rate at which bugs are fixed.
  • slingshotsurvivor
    edited September 2018
    Personally I don't think it's unreasonable... However I guess what you're trying to say is that they are short staffed... 
    Post edited by slingshotsurvivor on
  • slingshotsurvivor
    What he said 👆👆👆👆👆 😍
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Problem with reports is, that people report stupid things when they lose.
    Yesterday I was reported for wallhacking.