Am I bad, or my teammates?

Hello. I've been enjoying the game a lot lately. Whether I play a survivor or a killer. But there is one thing that happens to me all the time and always makes me angry. Every single game I play against the Plague, I'm upset. The reason is that my teammates still need to cleanse themself. Even after a few seconds of triggering the timer. They didn't even get sick and go to cleanse. In my opinion, as a good survivor, I should not cleanse myself against the Plague. Cleansing gives the killer a strong advantage. Yes, I'm one hit survivor but it's still better than facing a corrupt purge. I can loop the killer for an amount of time. Many times I am forced to cleanse, but even so, we are still losing. Whenever I realize it's the Plague, it's pretty much gg. Do I have a bad mentality?

Comments

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

If a survivor prefers to play stealthy, of course they’re going to cleanse.

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427

Yea, a lot of times when I see this happen, it's when they play stealthy. If I face a Plague, I tend to just mute my game or make it very quiet (I cannot stand the noises) and not cleanse still, 'cause I know it's best not to.

But other players have other strategies and may enjoy different playstyles, too. It's also okay to feel upset about something, too.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

I only cleanse if I'm playing solo and my teammates start cleansing, the plague already starts with one fountain so she can still use her power

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Not cleansing agaisnt Plague is boring AF. There's no fun, there's no excitement, it's just slamming gens and leaving. If you want an easy win, fine, just hope you're not on my team, because I like a little added dynamic to my trials in the form of an insanely strong power with decent counterplay that most people don't get to practice with thanks to the no-cleanse meta.

• SpookyPumpkinPiez
    SpookyPumpkinPiez Member Posts: 278

I cleanse because I try to be stealthy. I'm horrible at being chased, so it's my only chance at surviving for a little bit. Different people play different styles so I'd say it's not that any player is bad, just different styles.

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140

Honestly if you can't comunicate with your teammates just cleanse if you think it's good for your build. I would only not cleanse if you see that other survivors are not cleansing and you are the last to get infected. I don't really feel that not cleansing gives survivors an advantage. I don't have a lot of experience as plague but i think i actually prefer survivors not cleansing at all, they are easy targets to track and down.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

I cleanse because there is already a corrupted pool (2 if she used the addon) she already has the massive advantage and she will capitalize on that when 4 Survivors are broken.

The problem with cleansing is when people are not smart, last game I played against Plague we were cleansing and me and another guy got infected, I checked the map and there were only 2 pools left and very close to us both so I went straight to cleanse but him in his foolishnes did not, he didnt know if you corrupt all pools they reset and Plague gets force fed Corrupted Plague so you deny her of 5 charges.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

Not cleansing gives a huge advantage to Plague.

You are screwed either way.

If you're so elite that you can play the entire game broken go ahead and be my guest. You should carry me because I can't play broken the entire game.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,944

Against Plague, it's a trade off and a lot depends on how far along the match is and also the map as well as how good the killer is. If she immediately goes to her fountain at the start of the match and uses it (I have seen some plagues doing this), then no I won't cleanse because she's already used her strongest item and I won't feed that.

It really does vary match per match and is very player dependent on whether or not I cleanse, if the survivor team is good, then a lot of the time you can get away without cleansing at least until the end of the match...but if the killer is very good and knows when to use her power, then yeah I'll cleanse.

• Equus
    Equus Member Posts: 324

If you should or shouldn't cleanse depends on so many different scenarios in the match. It also ain't that easy to hit someone with the puke if there are enough objects. So loop tightly to stay healthy as long as possible. Plague needs to charge it up a bit giving a small timeframe to round a corner or crouch behind a barrel.

Situations in which I cleanse:

• If the whole team starts cleansing I do to for the simple fact that all the fountains will reset if they are all used denying the plague all fountains. She gains her power if you do that but all fountians are reset. If I can I will get infected on purpose just to be able to use the last fountain.
    • In endgame I cleanse as far away from both gates as possible.
    • 3 gen situation, I cleanse on the opposite side of the map so the plague has to travel far giving the team gen time.
    • If you do cleanse always try to do it in an area with completed gens.

I do not cleanse:

• If the plague will not commit to the chase, I simply walk which stops the infection meter from progressing to broken, over to the nearest gen.
    • If the team doesn't cleanse and it is early in the game, I only work on gens near a safe tile not in a deadzone.
    • If I am better at looping than the killer is. You can still stun her out of her power if she does get it. Also loop tightly/ use crouch to avoid and beware of windows.

Plague is one of the weaker killers so it should certainly not be an automatic gg when someone picks her.

• shyguyy
    shyguyy Member Posts: 298
    edited January 2021

As a general rule against Plague I cleanse if:

• My teammates are dumb enough to cleanse
    • im on death hook
    • the exit gates are powered

Any other time it’s not worth it.

Also, as a general rule if you are playing solo queue: yes, your teammates are probably bad.

• Saltjar34
    Saltjar34 Member Posts: 766

Some people say that they cleanse against plague because of stealth but I thought Iron Will is a requirement for being stealthy? I mean, you leave scratch marks even when healthy and nobody tracks with blood pools on dark maps.