If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

DPI Bug

Options
2»

Comments

• Metzu
    Metzu Member Posts: 86
    Options

Happened to me twice today too. I cranked up my mouse's DPI to 16000 and 100% in game sensitivity and i was still barely turning my camera.

• xmichaelwood
    xmichaelwood Member Posts: 1
    Options

Just joined to say this just happened to me! No clue what happened but glad to find this to know it is indeed something to do with the game! SOS!!!

• Zozet
    Zozet Member Posts: 37
    Options

I'm having the exact same issue. Happened twice in 5 games. It is impossible to win the match when it happens, and it's very frustrating because it's so random. Hope this gets fixed soon. 🙂

• booshtion
    booshtion Member Posts: 4
    Options

just started having the bug, this sucks so much :(

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

It just happened to me but I didn't do any further testing after one game.

I have a Razer Naga Trinity.

• Orlag
    Orlag Member Posts: 2
    Options

I also have this bug, and here's what I have tried.

-Reinstalling the game (I thought it could be related to me playing the PTB, since last chapter it reduced the movementspeed for people, when they switched from PTB).

-Reinstalling steam

-Bought a new mouse

-Verified files

-Uninstalling and testing without the Logitech hub

-Changed to a controller (This negates the issue, its only for mouse, so if you're comfortable playing with a controller, this is a temp fix if you really want to play,).

Things I am trying right now, playing without the steam overlay, since I think it might be related to that, but I havent done enough games to test it. Maybe you guys could also try playing while disabling the steam overlay?

Go to steam

Settings

In-game

Turn off "Enable the steam overlay while in-game.

• TheHBIC
    TheHBIC Member Posts: 1
    Options

Exactly the same issue, this is unplayable. Taking a break then until it's fixed in like two months. I hate to sound miserable but they couldn't fix hit boxes quickly when they broke and i have a feeling a small issue like this won't be high on the list of priorities.

• WarmingEmbrace
    WarmingEmbrace Member Posts: 25
    Options

Yea, been like this for three whole days now, game is literally unplayable. I am pretty sure this happened right after MMR was enabled so they must have messed something up then, this should have been fixed way earlier.

• nooky
    nooky Member Posts: 1
    Options

Got the same problem.. This need to be adressed asap, its a gamebreaking bug. My Setup: Ryzen 2600 & Vega 56 Mouse: Sharkoon Skiller Wireless

• forthelulz
    forthelulz Member Posts: 305
    Options

Had this happen for the first time an hour ago, it happened as soon as the match started. I played at least a dozen games before that today. Restarted game and it's been normal since then so far.

• Neprašheart
    Neprašheart Member Posts: 424
    Options

Gooooot it too!

But, the most important new is, the Developers are aware of that, so we may expect a delay, regarding the new Chapter.

Hopefully, it'll get fixed ASAP. 😎

• Dizzy1096
    Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918
    Options

People are testing and speculating but it seems to be happening if you open the steam overlay or if you click someones profile (also opening steam overlay).

• Morbid
    Morbid Member Posts: 24
    edited March 2021
    Options

Gotta say that I just tried this with the Steam overlay disabled for like 5 or 6 games as killer and have not ran into the issue yet. Could be a possible bug with Steam overlay? I can't be certain. Perhaps a stroke of luck maybe? I'll keep testing with it disabled and report back later. How are your findings?

• WarmingEmbrace
    Options

Will try this now, maybe i will be able to play again.

• Kodzi
    Kodzi Member Posts: 2
    Options

Same here, got this problem after the latest patch but for me changing the dpi doesn't give anything. I just have to restart the game and wait till it appears again so I do the same process over and over. Really annoying, I will try with disabling the steam overlay tho.

• Johnagon_Infinity
    Johnagon_Infinity Member Posts: 178
    Options

So, I was playing a game of CSGO, and alt-tabbing/using the steam overlay and the bug happened again! My DPI dropped pretty horribly low till I quit out of CSGO and then it fixed itself. Perhaps this is a steam issue?

• PIRT
    PIRT Member Posts: 1
    Options

Same here, I can't move my mouse whenever I play as killer. It has happened me at least six times and I had to leave the game because it's impossible to play. (My mouse is Razer Deathadder Elite)

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,324
    Options

As a few users have reported here, please try by disabling the Steam Overlay and then seeing if you're able to play normally. Please let me know if that's not the case.

Thank you, and sorry for the inconvenience.

• PurrFace
    PurrFace Member Posts: 27
    Options

@Morbid @Johnagon_Infinity

Do you guys have Steam beta client option on?

• Morbid
    Options

Oh damn really? You could be right. I read that someone said they had this issue in CSGO also. It could be a problem with Steam then.

• Canas
    Canas Member Posts: 1,021
    edited March 2021
    Options

I have a Logitech gaming mouse and the issue has shown up twice so far today. Both times on my promotion match for rank 1 on survivor. Feels like the game is trying its very hardest to prevent me from ever ranking up, simply awful and pretty much unplayable.

• Johnagon_Infinity
    Options

For right now, I am going to disable the steam overlay and try and play a few games as survivor. I'll report back in an hour or two. I don't want to say this is a Steam issue just yet, but the fact that it's persistent across games and optics will lead me to not put the blame on BHVI's shoulders just yet.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

@MandyTalk

I've been playing all day with no issues while opening the overlay a lot, my friend who has recently updated their Nvidia drives is having the issue, where as I have no updated my drivers for Nvidia, could be another avenue to look into.

• Mandy
    Options

@SenzuDuck are you on the Beta Steam version? I've got the updated Nvidia drivers and don't have the issue, but I don't have the Beta Steam

• Morbid
    Options

I'm using the Steam beta and it was happening with me. I have had around 10 games now and not ran into the issue. Normally happens every second game.

• Mandy
    Options

@Morbid a few people have just tested for me and confirmed the issue has happened when on Steam Beta client but not when on the regular Steam client, so it does look like it's connected to their Beta.

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030
    Options

This same issue happened to me in both DbD and Rust, so I don't think it's a DbD related issue, trying disabling Steam Beta right now.

• PurrFace
    Options

Just played on regular client but with overlay on. The thing still happened on 2nd game.

Now trying regular with overlay off.

• Johnagon_Infinity
    Options

I do participate in Steam's beta test for the Steam client. I'm going to opt out of it, but I just played 3 games as survivor without being affected by the DPI bug. Hopefully this is the answer.

• WarmingEmbrace
    Options

So far, from what i can tell (4 games in) i am experiencing zero issues. Met a poor Clown in one of my matches that was stuck using gamepad, he was spinning around a lot so i told him to disable his steam overlay.

• PurrFace
    edited March 2021
    Options

Yeah im now finding threads in beta group about the issue in other games too.

All answers lead to disabling beta and overlay.

• DocHolliday
    DocHolliday Member Posts: 3
    Options

my friend today got it not in beta

• mash_tyx
    mash_tyx Member Posts: 9
    Options

Hi @MandyTalk I'm not using Steam Beta. And I still have this problem. As 4 me it happen today for the 1st time(was okay before) I can change my dpi on my mouse and it helps a bit, but still almost impossible to play survivor, didn't try killer yet. Hope yall can fix it soon. Best of luck.

• Mandy
    Options

switch off steam overlay seems to be working for people

it's affecting a wide variety of steam games right now

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030
    Options

Not using it also works apparently, as long as it's never opened you don't get the bug.

• PurrFace
    edited March 2021
    Options

Yeah turning off overlay is a way to go.

Funny, Steam updates being the issue never would get to my mind if not for other people here.

Literally never had any problems with their betas so it never stored in my memory when they have released them.

Just slammed that restart button and had not a care in the world 😂

Glad we figured it out though. Thanks to everyone participating and Mandy

<3

• WERNERSEN1
    WERNERSEN1 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Same here, I can't move my mouse whenever I play as killer.

I leave the game, and next round is fine. When i look in the lobby in a profile (opening steam overlay) of a gamer comes the fail in the new round DPI isnt work ingame.... when i switch to windows is the DPI fine, ingame bugged.

Maybe it helps turn off steam overlay ?

• Chainbane
    Chainbane Member Posts: 2
    Options

I disabled the steam overlay and steam beta and this far it appears to work now. Thanks for the help! <3

• Dizzy1096
    Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918
    Options

I'm not in the steam beta and it still happened to me. However I can't 100% remember but there may have been a steam client update over the past few days.

If I disable the steam overlay how do I count the DS timer?

• DrinkingPants
    DrinkingPants Member Posts: 15
    Options

Bug still persist even if you remove yourself from the Steam Beta, going to try turning off Steam Overlay

• MisterTIBS
    MisterTIBS Member Posts: 75
    Options

Nothing to do with Steam Beta, not got it on. Logitech mouse, this just happened to me for first time, possibly 4 hours into playing like others have suggested (definitely more than 2 games.)

Everything beyond being in the game = fine, but as soon as able to rotate camera once game starts it's just slow as treacle.

Not tried the Overlay off yet as it's first time it happened and played plenty since Friday.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,155
    Options

The Steam Beta Branch just recieved an update that says:

Game Overlay

Fixed a regression in the yesterday's update that caused mouse sensitivity in multiple games to be impacted by opening and closing the overlay

Not sure if this is for main steam branch as well but, yeah!

• Mandy
    Options

@Brokenbones thanks for that! I had been checking, the Steam Beta branch should be fine now (I tested it), it's not on the live branch yet though (no idea when that will happen) so those that are still having it on live I still suggest not opening the steam overlay until the issue is resolved.

• Eareland
    Eareland Member Posts: 235
    Options

Definitely not Beta Steam, since I don't use it. Gonna test overlay off thingy too, but I guess that's an issue anyways. Thanks.

• Johnagon_Infinity
    Options

I can confirm that after disabling the steam overlay, as well as opting out of the steam beta, I have not experienced this bug in 2+ days.

• Mandy
    Options

Closing this for now as it's not a bug on our end.

This discussion has been closed.