D-Strike is Atrocious

Anyone else think D-strike is a waste of a perk slot now? It's only really useful if some idiot farms you and you still get slugged anyway, these killers are having a field day when they see no ds. I run in a swf so I never get farmed and someone is always running BT, the 60 second really is a waste of time where you could be doing something valuable. No one runs DS anymore I think they should change it but in a way were it's still run able or at least do something about the incessant slugging.

Comments

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,237

As a survivor, that's statistically almost impossible. They all teabag whenever they think they've outsmarted the killer.

• Harold_Shipman
    Harold_Shipman Member Posts: 737

As an anti tunnel perk, I find it to be more useful right now tbh, because even when there's an obsession, most killers don't seem to expect it any more. Rather than slugging you during a basement escape, killers will now attempt to rehook you, giving you an easy escape. It is also still a free escape during the end game, and can be combined with inner strength/head on for a free health state following unhook, so it still has its uses.

The downside is that as nobody expects it, I have seen far more tunnelling. I have, for the first time ever, used it on a clown. Players confident enough to play clown previously seemed to have the game sense to avoid the recently unhooked and just slug them if they went out their way to be obstructive, as they assumed everybody had DS. I don't think its a coincidence that I came across my first tunnelling clown post nerf.

Personally I think DS is exactly where it needs to be. A situational perk that can potentially alter the flow of a game, but is by no means guaranteed to do so, much like deliverance. Perks should be used to compliment your play, not dictate it. The problem isn't that DS is now useless, its that other perks are far too strong, on both sides.

• TheDarkTyrant
    TheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 2,074

Atrocious because it can't be used as invincibility? Its supposed to be used in a specific way. You obviously won't be able to use it as often unless you just want to.

• VonCrow
    VonCrow Member Posts: 389

Dude this quote just destroys the entire threads complaining about tunneling. 10/10.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246

it's an anti tunnel perk that counters tunneling, it has not changed, it just doesn't provide immortality anymore

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

The perk is still one of the best perks in the game.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

If Killer only chase you with their raw speed.

Trapper has traps, may the luck be with you.

Wraith uncloak for 150 speed.

Hillbilly with 230 chainsaw.

Nurse & Spirit, no need to talk.

Hag

PH can by pass.

Huntress, Slinger (Trickster is so weak no mention)

Only few affected are Doctor, Pig, GF, Myer

As @Marigoria said, its like most power of the old DS is doing Gen invisible (which should get removed), the anti-tunnel was never be that good. Thats why survivors were always use DS to abuse doing Gen, not anti-tunnel.

I hate those moment when unhooked survivors snap into Gen instead of letting me heal while I have WGLF. Im glad doing Gen invisible is gone, Im only afraid there is no obsession because much less survivors use DS.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Ds is great, I will always run it but I used it as an anti-tunnel perk not an invincibility perk. You dont need perks to play survivor well, that's on your knowledge and skill. These meta perks are massive crushes for alot of players so take them away at that survivor is now insanely weak. DONT RELY ON PERKS AS SURVIVOR, LEARN TO PLAY TO A HIGH STAND WITHOUT. Simple as

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

nice bait mate

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

Dude, its perfectly balanced, like everyone said if you are doing something within those 60 seconds you are not being tunnelled, in fact DS can still be used offensively if you hide in a locker. So really its not that big of a deal

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

because there no obsession in match so killer can blindly tunnel with no worry.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

Well it stopped survivors to abuse it and use it as an aggressive perk.

but it's still no an anti-tunnel perk. If you get tunnel out of the hook and run the killer for more than 60 sec and get down, you still get hooked and have no DS to use.

Wednesday i did 12 survivor games.

• first 3 = got tunneled out of 2 of them
    • decided to equip DS and played 9 others matches = got tunnel 4 times

I never bring any items, i don't tbag, i don't do anything that could be considered toxic. I was just an Elodie in her new outfit, and i got tunneled 50% of my games. By tunnel i mean, killer focused on me and only me since the start of the game, avoiding survivors working on gen in front of him to chase me, going back to the hook as soon as i get saved even if they were chasing someone else on the other side of the map, and never had the chance to deactivate the perk by touching a gen or healing myself before the killer was back following my arse.

So me who used to no equip DS and rarely get tunneled, i felt the need to equip this perk and it didn't help me in the slightlest. (i'm not an amazing looper but i still try my best and have my good moments) Worked only once, when i was at the exit gate. Still not enough of a good use out of 12 games.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

You have a 60 seconds anti tunneling perk, that is very good. You are used to abuse the old DS you just have to set your mind on playing like normal because they won't change it back.

• Fiona_Goode
    Fiona_Goode Member Posts: 25

Just because you can't use D-strike to take aggro anymore, doesn't mean it's not good. It's an anti-tunneling perk, not a "let's do a thousand things and not be afraid of the consequences because the killer can't pick us up or grab us or we hit space bar on them HA HA". You're just being entitled, dude. The perk is fine. You just want some more advantage.

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 869

Allow me to introduce you this brilliant perk that creates an obsession and punishes the killer when you yourself are being tunneled! You guessed it!! It's Decisive Strike!!

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

well with or without DS i still got tunneled 6 times out of 12 games.

and no the other survivor wasn't stealthing around or no i didn't touch a gen. I never got the chance to get healed or touch a gen, that's what i've been trying to say ^^ Killer didn't even care if i ran into survivors doing a gen, he only had eyes for me. and that 6 out of 12 games.

And like i told you i'm not either good or terrible at looping. and yes there is room to improve but i would love for you to stop calling me sugar as it's pretty agressive and oppressive to me. Best regards and have good day.

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868

If you could use 20 perks, it's possible. But with only 4 slots, it's a waste of a perk slot.

• NVerde
    NVerde Member Posts: 264

I personally do feel it was nerfed too hard. I can understand deactivating it if you then go work on a gen, but I don't think healing should deactivate it.

Now, I don't think I'll bother to use it at all. If someone's going to tunnel me, they will eat the DS and carry on tunneling me anyway.

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815

"DS is worthless now that it only stops tunneling!"

"The game is ruined, everyone is tunneling!"

• dezzmont
    dezzmont Member Posts: 481

"If the killer still wants to tunnel you they can"

This is such a dumb argument, because it presupposes there is literally no scenario the killer should be allowed to just take you out of the game really fast or punish you for such a horrible misplay they have no choice but to 'tunnel' you.

Like... no single perk should just give you complete immunity to the killer, because there are many situations where you deserve to get tunneled. For example, you are the last survivor. It would be insane for the perk to literally prevent you from dying.

DS is still an anti-tunnel perk, even though it doesn't literally stop them from tunneling ever, for the same reason Undying is a totem defense perk despite it not literally preventing you from clensing totems. "Anti-X" doesn't mean "X doesn't work ever." It means "X is worse in a way that you generally won't want to X outside of extreme situations."

How extreme are we talking about? Well, DS stuns the killer for 5 seconds. Survivors move 4 meters a second. They take 1 second to get off. That puts them at around 16 meters out from the killer just holding W. Killer and survivor's speed differential over open ground is very low, killers only 'gain' .6 meters a second on them. This means the MINIMUM time the game is extended per DS is 31 seconds, because of the 5 second stun, and then the 28 second chase, without ANY looping.

3 survivors working on a single gen, which is very inefficient, will repair a generator in about 38 seconds. The likelyhood you will get a hook right next to the survivor's down spot is tiny, and the gen is going to be at least 1 second away from that hook, and hooking takes about 4 seconds to pick up then place. Which means that the total time before you can pressure gens as a killer if you eat a DS to tunnel is 36 seconds in a total miracle situation. You literally just do not have time to stop survivors slamming gens inefficiently, forget about if they split up or have perks like prove thyself to do gens more efficiently.

Therefore, to understand how insanely impactful it is to eat a DS unless the survivor team isn't pressuring you at all, you need to internalize that landing a DS basically lets your team finish a Gen minimum. You hitting that single skill check on DS... finishes a gen. So no, it can't literally stop the killer from tunneling you, but outside of scenarios the killer knows no gen pressure is occuring them deciding to tunnel you loses them the game because they gave up a free gen even BEFORE you start looping them again.

That is about the harshest punishment an anti-tunnel perk could give without making it literally impossible for them to down you for a full minute. It could not be stronger without being an actual immunity perk.

• CustomerService
    CustomerService Member Posts: 479

It’s basically useless yeah

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352

My main issue with it is that a killer can still slug you and wait out the timer if they really want to tunnel you out of the match and they most certainly will if they're passionate.

You basically have to force a grab so, if you're being hard tunneled off hook find a locker asap pretty much.

Idk I just wish that you could at least heal yourself up so that you don't have to worry about being downed and slugged while they wait out the DS timer. I'm okay with every other survivor action that progresses the games objective to disable it but healing kind of goes hand in hand with trying to prevent the killer from taking you down and out (Unless it's a OHKO killer).

Literally my only complaint, otherwise I think DS is good now because it doesn't allow survivors to abuse it.

• dezzmont
    dezzmont Member Posts: 481
    edited April 2021

If a killer is willing to wait a minute for DS they just gave you an entire extra hook stage they camped.

That means 3 gens get done. Its literally worse to slug out DS than to eat it, and eating it already is generally a loss.

Can't stress enough no perk should make you immune to things. DS already does most of its work by threatening the killer, rather than actually being landed, because MOST killers will change their behavior based on it.

• Hektic3000
    Hektic3000 Member Posts: 674

If you want to heal yourself, run inner strength and find a totem before you're hooked, or use a fast medkit.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,176

If you never get farmed, why are you complaining about it? 🙃

• NekoGamerX

let me tell you after using Decisive Strike which psses most killers off will keep tunneling after the stun and most likely camp you till death no matter that make obsession in game

why I don't use it hurts you more then help you with tunneling

• Hektic3000

If i get hit by ds and i suffer the stun that's my punishment for tunneling, doing anything to the survivor after that is just playing the game.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

DS is trash, killer mains got what they wanted.

New target: Borrowed Time and Dead Hard. Because killer mains wanna easy killer, nerf all survivor advantages.

• NekoGamerX

true but it don't stop tunneling there better perks to use and ds most pisses most killers off why bother running I did fine with out it tho with people not using it much games with out a obsession much hard in solo

I mean this nerf was needed but it hurt solo more then swf.

• Hektic3000

It doesn't hurt solo's because the use of ds hasn't been changed. If you are truly getting caught again off hook you can ds the killer and get into another chase. Its not meant to tell the killer to leave you alone until you say so. The killers goal is to kill survivors, its not being toxic or mean its just them playing the game. This does hurt swf so they can't make dumb plays and have it pay off because the killer has to fight against perks and not the actual survivors themselves.

• NekoGamerX

then you going have alot killing them on 2nd hook survivor solo after be camped after the ds camping and tunneling bad word the fun of one survivor

I play both sides I know that now ds was nerf killers are going hog wild sweaty right now with the tunneling and camping and yes tunneling and camping hurt the killer but also hurt survivor on hook if we got points for stay on hook for every gen done it be different or the should be obsession in every match because some killer don't like getting hit by ds he'll slug and tho that survivor now not on gen got a small change to get back up but no obsession they just rehook you so that can have they easy 3v1 match.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093
    edited April 2021

April's Fool's Day was yesterday, not today.

Played 7 hours of survivor rounds yesterday. Ran DS in most, but not every match. Didn't play in a single match where someone wasn't running DS, and almost every match, there were multiple.

Saw few tunneling killers -- no more than what a normal night of DBD brings. DS did exactly what it needed to do -- on the rare occasions when I was downed coming right off of the hook, DS gave me a second chance to get away, or the fear of it left me slugged, and someone was able to pick me up before the killer returned.

The only difference in playstyle I had was, after an unhook, I'd have my teammate heal me, rather than heal myself, and vice-versa if I did the rescue. Usually by the time I was healed and we moved to a safer location, most of the DS timer was gone anyway, so jumping onto a gen and deactivating it didn't matter -- under old DS, by the time the killer would get me in a chase under those circumstances anyway, my 60 seconds would have be gone anyway, so nothing changed.

I've played far less killer since the change, but still quite a few rounds, and I've yet to play a game without someone running DS, usually multiple players. I haven't noticed a difference in any of those survivors playstyles, but I do everything within reason to avoid the unhooked person, so that's not surprising to me.

The hysteria by some people over the change is unwarranted and pure hyperbole, but that's usually to be expected around here.

ETA: I would completely be I'm favor of healing yourself NOT deactivate DS, and the implementation of an Obsession in every match. If that happened, the new DS would work just like the old, minus the abuses.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

I am glad you had good games but everyone are not lucky like you. Yesterday i played against one camper Trapper. I looped him for 4 gens and he started face camp me. And then in end game my teammate saved me but i down again because teammate had not BT. And i also not using DS anymore because it is useless. And i died for that. If DS would not change, i would keep it on my build and would escape. But now if i use this trash perk i will waste my one slot. And perk saying: Be useless for 1 minute. But i am teamplayer so i will not use this trash perk anymore, they need buff it.

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911

Tunneling shouldnt exist in the first place, stop telling survivors to run a perk every game just to combat a d*ck move by the killer