Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Scary Exit Gates

Global
Global Member Posts: 770

So, you know how if the killer goes to far in the exit gates the entity blocks the exit right?
How about it also blocks it for survivors who stuck around? Encouraging them to leave earlier.
Of course the distance were the entity appears will have to be changed possibly but it might be a cool change.

Comments

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    Just use Bloodwarden then lol
  • Global

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:

Blood warden isnt that good imo. Its a perk that only starts at the end of the game if you can hook someone when the last generator is done.

• michaelmyers87
    michaelmyers87 Member Posts: 458
    AGlobal said:

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:

Blood warden isnt that good imo. Its a perk that only starts at the end of the game if you can hook someone when the last generator is done.

Global said:

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:

Global said:

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:

nd the gate ahas to be open lol
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523
    That's what bloodwarden is for. I think making it happen passively when the killer gets close would remove the butt cheek clenching moments when someone's running to the exit gate with the killer hot on their tail.
  • Grimbergoth
    Grimbergoth Member Posts: 293

@Peanits said:
    That's what bloodwarden is for. I think making it happen passively when the killer gets close would remove the butt cheek clenching moments when someone's running to the exit gate with the killer hot on their tail.

i think your missing what he is saying . hes talking about the tbagging survivors who sit at the gate doing nothing except waiting for the killer to show up so they can get a fast chase bonus . at that point in the game all perks are useless except noed and only if they are not hugging the exit itself like 99% that stay behind do .

• Grimbergoth

@SenzuDuck said:
    I've BM'd at the exit gates, never have I thought "Can't wait to get these 10 chase points". Some times I think you guys look too far into things.

If you walk towards them they will leave, if you have NOED bate them, I've gone "afk" at the gate with NOED before just to have survivors walk out towards me and I get easy end game points.

The best thing you can do if you want it to end is chase through the gate, some survivors at exit gates are waiting until someone else leaves so they know everyone is safe, it's not always about BMing the killer.

im not sure where you are getting all the glory matches from . whenever I play killer , mostly because of dailies , I can see them sitting in the gate and I can count to 4 and I can subtract those who have escaped to see what I am in fact looking at is the remaining survivors . and with that I will then go across the map and sit , if they want a chase then they have to come out of the gate , but I have had matches that lasted 20 mins like that also , and more then I care for .

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

@Grimbergoth said:

@SenzuDuck said:
    I've BM'd at the exit gates, never have I thought "Can't wait to get these 10 chase points". Some times I think you guys look too far into things.

If you walk towards them they will leave, if you have NOED bate them, I've gone "afk" at the gate with NOED before just to have survivors walk out towards me and I get easy end game points.

The best thing you can do if you want it to end is chase through the gate, some survivors at exit gates are waiting until someone else leaves so they know everyone is safe, it's not always about BMing the killer.

im not sure where you are getting all the glory matches from . whenever I play killer , mostly because of dailies , I can see them sitting in the gate and I can count to 4 and I can subtract those who have escaped to see what I am in fact looking at is the remaining survivors . and with that I will then go across the map and sit , if they want a chase then they have to come out of the gate , but I have had matches that lasted 20 mins like that also , and more then I care for .

So basically, lets all complain about survivors not leaving the exit gates, but also, you could end it by literally walking towards them? Solid logic, lol.

• Grimbergoth

@SenzuDuck said:

So basically, lets all complain about survivors not leaving the exit gates, but also, you could end it by literally walking towards them? Solid logic, lol.

no I was pointing out the difference from what the op was talking about and what the mod was , you turned it into someone complaining . as I said I stood there 20 mins , I know how to tab out till they give up I don't care .

• Global

@SenzuDuck said:

@Grimbergoth said:

@SenzuDuck said:

So remind me when this thread was made because "surviors op they arent leaving match OP"? I said if the Killer gets close into the exit gates it closes on both sides to make even the exit gates a scary area because you know this is a horror game after all. Please dont turn an innocent post about something that could be added that wont even change gameplay in the slightest to another toxic ######### post comment thread.

• Grimbergoth

@Global said:
    So remind me when this thread was made because "surviors op they arent leaving match OP"? I said if the Killer gets close into the exit gates it closes on both sides to make even the exit gates a scary area because you know this is a horror game after all. Please dont turn an innocent post about something that could be added that wont even change gameplay in the slightest to another toxic ######### post comment thread.

"no I was pointing out the difference from what the op was talking about and what the mod was" I think you missed the op being original poster , not over powered . the mod mentioned that that blood warden was used for this situation , and I said I don't think your talking about the chase to the gate but rather people that hang out there and once a killer then enters it would close it off , not being chased through from the outside . if you are in fact talking about chasing someone from outside the gate into it then yes the mod is correct and that is in fact the use of bloodwarden .

• Peanits

@Grimbergoth said:

@Peanits said:

i think your missing what he is saying . hes talking about the tbagging survivors who sit at the gate doing nothing except waiting for the killer to show up so they can get a fast chase bonus . at that point in the game all perks are useless except noed and only if they are not hugging the exit itself like 99% that stay behind do .

Nah, I get that, but it's also tricky. How do you make it punish people who are teabagging but not those that go to the gates to heal up before going back for a rescue or take a hit, for example? Or even someone just standing there so the killer can hit them for some free points? You could try to get some fancy teabag detecting technology in there, but that's more effort than it's worth and could also create some unwanted situations. (e.g. Survivor is running from the killer and is just barely going to get out, someone else was sitting there teabagging at the gate so now it's blocked.) If they're teabagging at the games, I'd just hit them. Takes a second, and then they either have to leave or they get hooked.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Peanits said:

@Grimbergoth said:

@Peanits said:

Nah, I get that, but it's also tricky. How do you make it punish people who are teabagging but not those that go to the gates to heal up before going back for a rescue or take a hit, for example? Or even someone just standing there so the killer can hit them for some free points? You could try to get some fancy teabag detecting technology in there, but that's more effort than it's worth and could also create some unwanted situations. (e.g. Survivor is running from the killer and is just barely going to get out, someone else was sitting there teabagging at the gate so now it's blocked.) If they're teabagging at the games, I'd just hit them. Takes a second, and then they either have to leave or they get hooked.

Blood Warden needs a rework. It should be activated, when the killer presses a button. 

If survivors want to heal themselves up, to save someone else, then they should do it in an unsafe environment. Not at the gate, where even if they get downed, they escape. 

Devs said, that pallets are not supposed to be save places. Why are the gates?
  • Global

@Grimbergoth said:

@Global said:

"no I was pointing out the difference from what the op was talking about and what the mod was" I think you missed the op being original poster , not over powered . the mod mentioned that that blood warden was used for this situation , and I said I don't think your talking about the chase to the gate but rather people that hang out there and once a killer then enters it would close it off , not being chased through from the outside . if you are in fact talking about chasing someone from outside the gate into it then yes the mod is correct and that is in fact the use of bloodwarden .

I was talking to senzu m8

• Peanits

@Tsulan said:
    Peanits said:

@Grimbergoth said:

@Peanits said:

Blood Warden needs a rework. It should be activated, when the killer presses a button. 

If survivors want to heal themselves up, to save someone else, then they should do it in an unsafe environment. Not at the gate, where even if they get downed, they escape. 

I won't comment on blood warden since I haven't played with it much, but I have seen it completely turn around games a couple times. I think making it on-demand would be a bit much.

If they're already in the gates, you basically lost. That's why it's safe. They powered the generators, opened the gate, and they are quite literally an inch away from winning. If you hit them, they either have to leave or they'll lose. I don't see any reason to give the killer kills in that situation because they really did not earn them.

• Tsulan
    Peanits said:

@Tsulan said:
    Peanits said:

@Grimbergoth said:

@Peanits said:

I won't comment on blood warden since I haven't played with it much, but I have seen it completely turn around games a couple times. I think making it on-demand would be a bit much.

If they're already in the gates, you basically lost. That's why it's safe. They powered the generators, opened the gate, and they are quite literally an inch away from winning. If you hit them, they either have to leave or they'll lose. I don't see any reason to give the killer kills in that situation because they really did not earn them.

It's a "no risk, high reward" situation. Survivor doesn't risks anything by staying at the gate and healing. But gains a lot if he goes back to unhook. 

Survivor perks work on demand. Deliverance, Dead Hard, Lithe, Sprint Burst and Self Care.
  • Peanits

@Tsulan said:
    Peanits said:

@Tsulan said:

Peanits said:

@Grimbergoth said:

@Peanits said:

It's a "no risk, high reward" situation. Survivor doesn't risks anything by staying at the gate and healing. But gains a lot if he goes back to unhook. 

Survivor perks work on demand. Deliverance, Dead Hard, Lithe, Sprint Burst and Self Care.

I don't see what you're getting at with survivor perks being on-demand. You could say the same about killer perks. Pop Goes the Weasel is on-demand. So are Overcharge, Rancor, and Bamboozle by the same logic. Even then, Sprint Burst is not on-demand, it activates when you first sprint. The equivalent here would be if you could activate Sprint Burst whenever you want by pressing a button like Dead Hard. In any case, I don't want to see a "Yeah, you beat me, but I pressed a button so now I win." I don't want kills I didn't earn.

If a survivor does choose to leave the gate, they are taking a risk. If they stay there, they're safe. Leaving the gate is not risk free.

• Seanzu
    Tsulan said:

They risk dying if they go back in? 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Tsulan
    Peanits said:

@Tsulan said:
    Peanits said:

@Tsulan said:

Peanits said:

@Grimbergoth said:

@Peanits said:

I don't see what you're getting at with survivor perks being on-demand. You could say the same about killer perks. Pop Goes the Weasel is on-demand. So are Overcharge, Rancor, and Bamboozle by the same logic. Even then, Sprint Burst is not on-demand, it activates when you first sprint. The equivalent here would be if you could activate Sprint Burst whenever you want by pressing a button like Dead Hard. In any case, I don't want to see a "Yeah, you beat me, but I pressed a button so now I win." I don't want kills I didn't earn.

If a survivor does choose to leave the gate, they are taking a risk. If they stay there, they're safe. Leaving the gate is not risk free.

All the perks you named require a animation lock. Like borrowed time. 
    Not exactly on demand. 

Anyway, senzu joined the conversation and I'm really to tired for this kind of discussion. 

Btw, you might want to take a look at the survivor forum. Bots running rampage. 
  • Seanzu
    Tsulan said:
    Peanits said:

@Tsulan said:
    Peanits said:

@Tsulan said:

Peanits said:

@Grimbergoth said:

@Peanits said:

Not exactly on demand. 

Anyway, senzu joined the conversation and I'm really to tired for this kind of discussion. 

I’m lovely!
    besides, sprint burst requires you’re not exhausted, lithe requires you’re not exhausted, dead hard requires you’re not exhausted, self care requires you to get hit and juke a killer, deliverance requires you to not get hooked and to safely unhook a survivor.

not exactly on demand
  • Peanits

@Tsulan said:
    Peanits said:

@Tsulan said:

Peanits said:

@Tsulan said:

Peanits said:

@Grimbergoth said:

@Peanits said:

That's what bloodwarden is for. I think making it happen passively when the killer gets close would remove the butt cheek clenching moments when someone's running to the exit gate with the killer hot on their tail. i think your missing what he is saying . hes talking about the tbagging survivors who sit at the gate doing nothing except waiting for the killer to show up so they can get a fast chase bonus . at that point in the game all perks are useless except noed and only if they are not hugging the exit itself like 99% that stay behind do . Nah, I get that, but it's also tricky. How do you make it punish people who are teabagging but not those that go to the gates to heal up before going back for a rescue or take a hit, for example? Or even someone just standing there so the killer can hit them for some free points? You could try to get some fancy teabag detecting technology in there, but that's more effort than it's worth and could also create some unwanted situations. (e.g. Survivor is running from the killer and is just barely going to get out, someone else was sitting there teabagging at the gate so now it's blocked.) If they're teabagging at the games, I'd just hit them. Takes a second, and then they either have to leave or they get hooked. Blood Warden needs a rework. It should be activated, when the killer presses a button.  If survivors want to heal themselves up, to save someone else, then they should do it in an unsafe environment. Not at the gate, where even if they get downed, they escape. 

Not exactly on demand. 

I mean, Lithe has the exact same animation lock as Bamboozle. Deliverance locks you into an animation as well, same with Self Care.

Thanks for the heads up, I took care of it.

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816

It would ruin the survival horror aspect of the game when you get into an intense chase and are running for the gate. Just use blood warden

• Asssthetic
    Asssthetic Member Posts: 203

the only thing scary about exit gates is how fast they're opened

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

@Global said:

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:

Blood warden can be activated when the gates are open not when the gens are done

• shasta
    shasta Member Posts: 75
    Global said:

So, you know how if the killer goes to far in the exit gates the entity blocks the exit right?
    How about it also blocks it for survivors who stuck around? Encouraging them to leave earlier.
    Of course the distance were the entity appears will have to be changed possibly but it might be a cool change.

I think if you stick around a open exit gate and other survivors are there with you within 16 meters of the gate  while one has escaped already  they should grant an exposed status effect on the remaining survivors who refuse to leave even though the gate is open
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Peanits said:

It would also remove the "butt dancing" moments when survivors know their safe sitting at the door.

Just playing Devil's advocate. :)

• Peanits

@MegaWaffle said:

@Peanits said:

It would also remove the "butt dancing" moments when survivors know their safe sitting at the door.

Just playing Devil's advocate. :)

It would, but you can already do that by just hitting them.

• Grimbergoth

My thing is and this is my opinion , there shouldnt be any "safe" place on the map except to escape . As to the one who said give them a exposed status that is exactly what noed is for but they hug the exit so close if you down them they either get knocked out or move a pace or two while you wipe your blades or whatever animation that they escape . so unless you hit them before they reach the little walls inside the gate you don't stand a chance to pick them up .