The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why would people get mad about pride charm?

124»

Comments

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

Mine was a joke meant to add some levity to the discussion but I don't want to add a smiley emoji and say "LOL" to your response because I can't tell if you mean it.

It really was just a joke, I really hope you're not offended. If you are I sincerely apologize for saying that.

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939

If they wanted to do something for Pride month, I'd have preferred some Drag skins for the Killers.

I want to be on a generator, only to look over the horizon and witness Demogorgon in a gigantic pink wig, a coconut bra + a floral sarong with a matching beach bag.

I want Clown in Liz Taylor drag, from her 'thicc' phase, with a shimmery emerald chiffon mumu dress, over-sized necklaces and sparkly drop earrings.

Wraith with a platinum blonde beehive, Audrey Hepburn sunglasses, a fabulous lavender feather boa over top of a Hollywood starlet evening gown.

Trickster can..... actually nvm, he's already got it nailed.

THEN I will feel represented. A tiny charm? Pffft.

• BigFatChungus
    BigFatChungus Member Posts: 66

One thing that really scares me is to know people may abuse this charm, and then people are going to complain to the devs, then it would make people see pride charm with bad eyes.

• miketheratguy

Cool. The honest is truth is that I laughed and thought "wow, that was a PERFECT response" but then the angry faces threw me.

I'm glad you're not offended. No offense was intended. :)

• BigFatChungus
    BigFatChungus Member Posts: 66

Hahahaha exactly. Lets not get in details about trickster👁️👄👁️

• miketheratguy

Hopefully with everything they've (hopefully) seen and heard about the community in general, they'll know that it's just the toxic players being toxic and simply having a new excuse to do so. Unfortunately they may in fact see the charm as a catalyst though.

I'll just try to take this opportunity like I do whenever something like this comes up and ask any developer who may happen to see this (you never know, especially given the fact that the latest chapter is hot off the presses) to please watch the forums for a little while, look at the nature of some of the reports you get, maybe even join a few games covertly. You'll see that, while there are a lot of decent people who love this game, there are a lot of very petty people who abuse it as well.

I made this point in the PTB feedback thread concerning the upcoming report feature adjustment. The charm may be a good topic to mention in there as well.

• miketheratguy

Guys, be careful with the religious talk. It's frowned upon. I'd feel bad if either of you got in trouble for it since I kind of opened the door for it.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

"I just don't want it shoved in my face! Now, excuse me while I ACTUALLY shove something in your face."

• NotYourAverageJay
    NotYourAverageJay Member Posts: 35

@BigFatChungus where in there do see a hate comment. Im just spitting facts I mean your the one who started this whole discussion and im doing my best to keep what I say in a fairly manner putting out my opinion but it seems people like you just take stuff the wrong way and misinterpret what others say which angers me. With a discussion question like this your going to expect people who disagree with this kind of stuff. You do realize this whole entire crap is now causing diversity within the community. This is killing the community even more its already toxic because of people complaining about camping, tunneling and etc now this is making it even worse do you not realize it ???????

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

People get mad at the prime charm because they think DBD has gone political they usually see the LGBQ charm as a political movement that should be kept out of games but there’s nothing wrong with it it’s just when it’s forced into our face then it’s annoying. To be clear I have no problem with this I appreciate everyone around me it’s just the way the media shows the pride has a tainted image that people shouldn’t have diverse characters in games which I can see why cause politics should be kept out of games.

But this is an exception because this game has so many characters they can add something unique to the survivors as long as it’s subtle and not completely obvious then it’s ok. That’s my opinion on this

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    edited May 2021

I can't really see how that would be possible. If it's a religious objection I would find it pretty lacking. Especially since this is a game where we simulate murdering one another.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,669

Since multiple users decided to be discriminatory and disrespectful in their comments, even bringing up controversial topics that are against the rules, we decided to close this thread.

This discussion has been closed.