Separate levels for each killer

I'm on level one Wraith and I love playing my character but I also would love to play my other characters as well but here's the problem if I use a new character that I don't know how to play with and I get thoroughly destroyed by it it drops my rank for example. New Nemesis came out I started playing him absolutely awful with him drop from level one to five and then had to dig my way up back to level one on wraith just to keep my level.. it makes no sense to have a blanket level when you have what 22 Killers I think? That's seriously needs to change and this has been here for a while

Comments

• shanny_boi
    shanny_boi Member Posts: 146

Playing Killer at Rank 1 makes you develop certain skills and techniques to be able to compete against survivors. All that development can be applied to all killers that you can play. Because of this, you are already better than the average Rank 20 killer no matter who you play so why should your ranking reset when you switch killers?

Not to mention this might have an impact on the variety of killers we see online as players would be less likely to divert from their main.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,964

This is something that we are looking into - with the recent MMR tests. Which is basically a skill-based matchmaking system and it will be dependent on your skill with that character. So if you're a god tier Wraith but have never played Nurse - you will be matched with survivors that are around the same level as your Nurse instead of those that are the same level as your Wraith....so Ranks will not matter at all.

This system has been in testing phase with the latest test a few weeks ago - we will give more information prior to this being introduced into the game.

• tolore
    tolore Member Posts: 101

while it's true that you are certainly better than a rank 20 killer on a killer you've never played you are also for sure drastically worse than your actual rank. IMO put them somewhere in the middle. Also I think the change would make me substantially MORE likely to play killers I don't know that well, i hate playing killers i'm unfamiliar with because it sucks to go against people way too hoard for my current skill level, and it hurts my main killers rank.