Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

FOR THE LOVE OF [BAD WORD] PLZ FIX THE PALLETS

Dingo88
Dingo88 Member Posts: 219
edited August 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I am sick of getting hits that should be a down noise splatter and the scream but the survivour keeps running it had cost me several games now and really needs to be fixed asap

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• MadmegMain
    MadmegMain Member Posts: 105

Not to be rude but how has it cost you the game? Yes it’s annoying but you wont lose the game from not getting a hit that you already wouldn’t get

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

The scream and the splatter is a bug, it's going to be fixed.

Chill.

• Red_Beard
    Red_Beard Member Posts: 550

But you weren't supposed to get the down though because the server saw that the pallet was down far enough to stun you before it saw the hit to the survivor. So you didn't really lose the hit, it just looked that way on your screen because of latency.

• Dingo88
    Dingo88 Member Posts: 219

They are not fixed I just had a game and was really needing to use pop had an injured person hit them and it would've been a down as Iv been downed with the same kind of hit. the survivour tebagged pointed and ran to the next pallet.

Not getting a down at the speed gens get done by a swf can cost you the match.

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,182

Oh I agree completely that the server has to pick a version and that means someone is 'cheated' no matter what, it doesn't really matter who wins the other side feels cheated. Just saying that a single down can completely shift the games result.

• Freddy96
    Freddy96 Member Posts: 767

That is happening because pallets are actually fixed now

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

The hit validation should of been a failsafe not an actual authority. If there is a discrepancy of X amount of MS then the hit is rejected, if the discrepancy is within the set parameters (the average ping variance which is about 5-50) then the server does not reject hits.

• Axx
    Axx Member Posts: 392

The hit validation might end up like pallet vacuum, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

• MadmegMain
    MadmegMain Member Posts: 105

But you already wouldnt get the down as the server has decided. Therefore it doesnt cost you the match as you still wouldn’t get the down

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

The scream and splatter aren't supposed to appear. If they appear and the hit doesn't injure/down then they weren't supposed to hit.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,697

I sure hope this gets fixed soon, maybe Tuesday.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

Well I guess the game showing the killer the down nonetheless leading to the killer breaking the pallet and then attempting to pickup the survivor only to realize that they dropped the chase and the survivor has already made 4-5 seconds additional distance plus maybe loss of los is of no importance then.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

I would love to know if survivor are getting hit at pallet at least on screw ups or if there are not hit/stun dual exchanges anymore at all. Fyi I prefer to respect pallets and break them for less stress later and the BP.

• Red_Beard

Nice of you to put words in my mouth for me.

I agree it is frustrating to see. The mods have said they are taking this feedback to the dev team to see what can be done to alleviate this. My point is the survivor was correctly awarded the stun and the hit not given because the server received the stun first. It feels like the killer was robbed because the latency caused them to see a hit but in reality, this was false.

You are aware this can happen now. So my suggestion to you would be if you get a hit at a pallet and the pallet was dropped, you need to keep your eyes on the screen and verify the hit wasn’t rejected until hopefully an adjustment can be made by the developers.

Also, to answer your next post, while playing survivor I have dropped a pallet and stunned a killer and been hit. I have seen others post they to have both been stunned and hit the survivor and the hit was validated as a good hit. That is how it is supposed to work. If the hit gets to the server before the pallet reaches 50%, then the hit will count and the killer is stunned. If the server sees the pallet hit 50% first, then the stun occurs but the hit doesn’t count, even if the killer sees it on their screen.

• PlayEvilDead
    PlayEvilDead Member Posts: 91

you go not only into a stun but a successful hit wiping animation... without the exchange of the actual damage state for that 'hit cooldown'... and also it extends the chases which can in common situations cost as much as half a minute more or allow a survivor to get away and remove a hex, or finish a generator faster while removing pressure from their team.

It has a HUGE impact in the bigger picture of things in general. I have been seeing a lot of nurses this weekend, probably because of this, and it as a result hasn't been fun for myself either because I get sick of sweaty nurses eating the few cakes I had left (since I was the ONLY one in my games often, outside of SWF, that seemed to be using cakes during 5th anniversary). This will impact survivors too in the coming weeks... through seeing more spirits and nurses (I have seen a spike in both, but especially in nurses myself) and also once double bp is over in survivor queue lengths going back towards 7/8 minutes, then passing 10, then moving up to around 12 to 15 minutes and ultimate nearing 20 minutes again like they spent most of the past year at before the recent events. Brace yourselves for impact. Thankfully I'm done with dbd after monday anyways so it won't be my problem.

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,182
    edited August 2021

It's far more than just a 'whose action got to the server first'. Feel free to see the many examples in this video of a killer hit being rejected on the -same side- of the pallet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ4fUJrYirA

• Tricksters_Wife
    Tricksters_Wife Member Posts: 545

Had this happen a couple of times to me. The first time it happened I got the "hit" as soon as the survivor started the action to drop the pallet and it counted the stun but not my hit. Ended up costing me the game a bit, since it would've been a down within the first 15 seconds of the game. I ended up getting a 2k and the survivor that was saved from the glitch said "ez" to me in end chat which was frustrating.

For some killers it might not be too much of a set back. But I was playing Trickster with the iridescent photocard add on so once I got stunned I lost my exposed status on the survivor and my laceration progress which was unfortunate. It pretty much set me back to square one while at least 2 other survivors had about a 30 second head start on me on separate gens.

• Red_Beard

Pallet stuns on the same side of the pallet as the killer without getting hit have been around long before this recent pallet hit validation. It has been referred to as reverse pallet stuns. Yes, it is still the stun getting to the server before the hit. This whole video is also only from the killer's perspective. Remember when the killer sees the pallet being thrown is not the same time the survivor actual started throwing the pallet. The survivor player hits the button to throw the pallet on their end, has to travel to the server, the server spends a brief amount of time processing the data, then has to be sent to the killer player's computer. This is latency.

It's not all about who has the best ping either. It also matters what time in real time the actions occur and how long the actions take. Please see this picture of a person doing some of the math on why a survivor with higher ping could get the stun before the hit against a killer with lower ping.

Yes I agree, it sucks as the killer player to see the hit and have it taken away. The feedback is being given to the developers as per the forum mods and hopefully some adjustments can be made to reduce this from happening as much as possible. Remember it also sucks for the survivor to see a pallet be thrown in time to stun the killer but get hit through the pallet. I play both sides as I'm sure most of the players do. I just want a fair system and if I'm playing survivor and the pallet stun gets to the server before the killer hit, I think I should be awarded the stun and not be hit. I feel it should be this way when I play killer as well. Why should I be rewarded for hitting the survivor when the server says the stun happened first? Hopefully a solution to the visual comes through soon.

Also, I would like to point out I have seen some people say that the killer is losing weapon wipe animation time too as well as eating the pallet stun when their hits are cancelled. I did not see the killer performing the wipe animation on any of the stuns in this video you posted.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

"Pallets are working as they should"

Meanwhile in practice it grants Iframes regardless of it should or not AND BROUGHT BACK PALLET VACUUM!

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Big fan of videos which cannot be played.

Anyway, I dont really know anything of Pallet Vacuum, I did not experience it so far since the Patch. However, indeed Pallets should let way less hits through than before, and Killers WILL have to get used to it, even without Pallet Vacuum (this should obviously go).

But, I am pretty sure the loud Killer Community will complain enough so it all gets reverted.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

I have no idea why its like that given that the video is still up nor do I know how to fix it.

However its mainly showing that even if the killer does hit the survivor from behind as the survivor drops the pallet in front of them.

The game will consistently rollback survivor hits or even vacuum the killer to the opposite side of the pallet of the pallet despite the killer not even touching said pallet.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,209
    edited August 2021

The problem is, on the killers screen, they should have got that hit. If the killer cannot discern whether or not their hits should actually connect anymore, then killer is impossible to play. You need to see into the future, and predict where the servers think you are, not where you actually are on your screen.

It's much easier for the survivors to do this when it favoured the killer before, because survivors are looking into the past, they just need to give some extra distance between them and the killer, they know where the killer is coming from. But for the killer to compensate in the same way as survivors used to do, the killer has to look into the future, and predict where the survivors will be, before they get there.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,935

I want to make this clear that this is not a bug. The game is designed to give instant feedback to the killer so that there's no delay, otherwise there'd be long pauses after each action.

• Red_Beard

Latency has been a part of the game for the killer since we have moved to dedicated servers. That's why grabs don't really work, which they are trying to make better. Killer has been dealing with latency for a while. I think you make it a bigger deal than it really is. The survivor isn't seconds ahead of the killer, they are milliseconds. Yes, now killer players need to adapt to latency having more role at pallet interactions.

Also, it is not true that survivors do not have to look "into the future". When the killer player presses the button to lunge, they don't see the animation before the killer pressed the button, they see it X milliseconds of the killer's ping + X milliseconds of server process + X milliseconds of survivor ping after the killer hit the button. People used to complain about being "exhausted on the ground". That was them waiting till the last possible moment to dead hard and them receiving the exhaustion debuff meaning the dead hard went off on their screen but they still got hit and were laying there on the ground with the debuff. BHVR added server validation to this so that if the hit was received by the server before the dead hard was, the exhaustion status is now cancelled. And I am completely fine with the answer being I need to "see into the future" to predict better and press the button sooner.

As I have said in many of my replies now too, I agree, it sucks as killer to see a survivor hit on your screen and have it cancelled. Hopefully BHVR can do something to reduce how often this happens and at the minimum, give a better indicator to killer players that the hit was cancelled. In the meantime, if you get a hit at a pallet you need to keep your eyes on the screen and make sure the hit wasn't cancelled.

Even though I am a proponent of the change because I feel this makes pallet interactions more fair, I also see and understand how this is a nerf to killers as well. Just because this nerfs them doesn't mean the change needs to be reverted. If the data shows certain killers have slipped too far in BHVR's opinion, I'm sure they will add buffs to them in other ways to get them to a level BHVR wants them at. Notice too I said where BHVR wants them at and not where the community wants them.