Calling forum vets! Remember any feedback posts that actually impacted the game?

Top_Secret_117
Top_Secret_117 Member Posts: 154
edited September 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Im curious if anyone can recall or link to posts that have directly effected the game with there discussions and suggestions.

Ive been active on these forums every hour the last 3 days and its just sad to see how little devs reply or post here (zero times noticeably so far), let alone disheartening to see so many good ideas and suggestions just ghosted with no replys.

Im eagerly waiting to see this blow up with lots of positive results BHVR!

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

one of my early perk suggestions actually made it in, in a slightly tweaked form though.

(referring to the very first one "Hex: Eye For Eye" which would later become "Hex: Haunted Ground")

ive also heard that the current version of Save The Best For Last was a suggestion made by a user on Reddit which they implemented 1:1 - though i dont have any exact names for that.

though its kind of sad to see that the Devs have gotten a lot quieter over the time.

back in the day the community managers were very active on the forum, actively discussing ideas with users - then on the other hand, i cant really blame them for not sticking around, given that any time someone was unhappy with something they would start by directly blaming / insulting them, even though they had nothing to do with any of the changes. Plus, of course, they had to be very careful of what they say, as otherwise some users would take everything literally and might start weird rumours.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,475
    edited August 2021

I feel ive made some suggestions that were taken one way or another but theoretically it could all be coincidental

I suggested to remove recoil from trickster since he at the time had both recoil and random spread, and removing one would make him much easier to play both on controller and so you had to balance less factors to use his power (eventually random spread was removed which in hindsight seems like a much better change for having a skill ceiling on a character rather than a luck ceiling)

I suggested a rework to the perk unrelenting that would effectively have no attack cooldown as an ability to use on cooldown 2 chapters later twins dropped with coup de grace a perk with a similar effect to what I suggested (so instead of a double lunge the perk doubled your lunge until it was nerfed after the ptb)

In august of 2020, I suggested a perk that would let you "once/twice/three times per game you can reset a chest to find another item in it, the new item isn't affected by any modifying perks" later that year twins dropped with that as a perk in the chapter with elodie

In march of 2021, I suggested a rework to small game "Small game, (rework) Get an auditory warning when looking in the direction of Totems 45° cone within a range of 8/10/12 metres. This effect has a cooldown of 15/12/10 seconds, whenever you cleanse a totem reveal the aura of another totem for 5 seconds, this perk starts the trial with 5 tokens remove a token whenever a totem is cleansed (just as an indicator)", the indicator came to the perk and the effect of revealing another totem whenever you cleanse a totem got passed on to counterforce that released 3 months later and the indicator that came to small game came a month and a half before in 4.7.0)

While its likely they were coincidental I do feel some of my ideas / suggestions did have a positive impact in shaping the game or bringing something new to it

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    edited August 2021

Here’s my post that Undying should protect token hex perks. And now it does. Probably not alone on that one though. https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/197989/hex-undying-rework#latest

Also advocated for Borrowed Time not requiring terror radius to activate: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/143077/moving-borrowed-time-away-from-tr-trigger#latest

Edit: Added links and BT stuffs.

Post edited by GoshJosh on
  • Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

Not a forum vet, however a big megathread was made about blight on controller and it actually did something, a patch that came some time shortly after had greatly improved his control for console and controller users

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Gonna be fully honest. I don't think they've ever really taken individual feedback from here. They've taken feedback when the entire community complains about something (sometimes). They also sometimes listened to giant feedback posts about quality of life stuff but not too often.

Everyone who's been here long enough has probably suggested something that 1 way or another has been added to the game. This doesn't mean that they listened to the community, it's just probably another idea that the dev team came up with by themselves.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,936

The forum is not where Developers respond, when they do come here - it's in their own time. Community Team are responsible on the forums and we take the relevant feedback to the relevant teams.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

I don’t think suggestions by individual forum members are being really taken into account,

but feedback by a large part of the community definitely get heard and worked on. Recent Examples that come directly to mind are the new HUD (though not everything asked for was implemented they improved it greatly) and OoO (which got a whole thread dedicated for feedback)

• Top_Secret_117

Some of the posts here seem pretty spot on tho, and yes it could be coincidence which is definately why I think the devs should be more caring.

Take note on which forum post your inspired by devs! There should be a follow up, with a comment or a special flair even if its months after. As some people have addressed the forums seem to currently feel barren and desolate.

The way i see it is they only have ways to improve here, so lets see some initiative BHVR!

(bold of me to assume they read this)

• Top_Secret_117

Ok i can get behind that, but the problem with that statement is very obvious, community involvement is left out.

Lets say we agree devs dont need to respond here, thats fine. But shouldnt the community team who is responsible for taking relevant feedback to the relevant teams keep tabs on this stuff.

Whats so wrong with saying hey, the devs liked your post, good job, tha ks for the help, keep it up guys? If your gonna withhold community involvment in this process, to keep devs anonymous, then keep devs anonymous but come back after the fact, weeks months whatever it took for them to implement and improve on a suggestion originally posted here.

Seems counter intuitive for a company to play so by the ear like this to there hardcore fanbase. These people on these forums are 15% here to complain and 85% die hard dbd players.

• Top_Secret_117

Im willing to bet that a lot of players have been disheartened on the lack of community involvement that the devs or community team are showing us for our results of dedication.

These have been great posts and by actual forum vets to my pleasent suprise, some of these guys have over 800 posts! And yet somehow, they have these very convincing beneficial posts that effected the game, and they are somehow not even certain if they helped, theyve been left with "the possibility" or "coincidence"

Give credit where credit is due these people love your game!

How many good ideas have gone unposted because they had previous ideas that never got past a day or two of discussion, let alone any acknowledgment by the devs or the community team.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

Oh i've definitely seen things that were talked about that also has seen changes in-game.

Someone not too long ago wrote a dissertation on The Blight and was acknowledged by a member of the Dev Team, this was during the time when Blight could turn 180 around a wall due to mouse sensitivity, but consoles could barely turn at all.

• Top_Secret_117

Well thank god for that, even as a blight main I never used that and thought it was janky anyways, but when i went against it aa survivor man was it horrible!

• InList
    InList Member Posts: 85

Don't flatter yourselves. The devs don't even listen to their fog whisperers, they don't care what you or I have to say about this game.

This discussion has been closed.