Are wiggle skill checks going to be mandatory?

Or will I be able to choose not use it. I play on a controller and prefer the current wiggle feature. I don’t want to keep playing skill check simulator.

Are we going to be able to choose which one we want?

Comments

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,960

i think it was going to be a setting

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,617

That's something I'd like to know too- I hope it is an option, just for the sake of keeping people happy. Not everyone likes doing skill checks, after all.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Probably same as second stage skillchecks. Mandatory for everyone.

Which is shame because I play on controller and moving joystick slowly in one direction is filling wiggle bar at full speed easily.

Now I will have to actually pay attention to it and do skillchecks? Great

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,964

Right now it's going to be a feature for testing - nothing more than that at this stage. We got feedback on it from the PTB Players and when the patch goes Live we can the get the feedback on it from the whole playerbase before any decision is made.

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 887

Skill checks are annoying. We already have enough of them in the game, I really don't want to see more of them. It's not fun. Why do they keep adding elements that aren't fun. The first thing they should think about before adding or changing anything is "is this going to make the game more fun". Granted, spamming buttons isn't fun either, but it is not annoying either. Now, I get that some people may prefer skill checks. Great, make it optional.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

I dont understand why anybody on controller would actually prefer wiggle over skillchecks

Sticks have a higher chance of accidentally pausing wiggle compared to ADAD, and the motions wear down your sticks.

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 925

I don't understand why some people be so upset over this. Switching it to skill checks would be better less damaging on the hard ware since your not spamming ADADADADADADA or constantly putting the control stick under motion stress. Also helps for those few extreme cases were some people can't do it due to whatever disability they might have with their hands.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

Great skillchecks should not exist on it. Good skillchecks being an option for accessibility is perfectly fine and I'm in support of that. But the great skillcheck zones create an unnecessary buff. Even up to 1 second can be significant.

• GreenDemo
    GreenDemo Member Posts: 276

I mean the skill checks to wiggle off are literally to make the game a bit more accesible, so for people that have a problem with spamming 2 buttons or wiggling around the joystick the change will be fun.

But I'm pretty sure they will make wiggle skillchecks an option, because it doesn't actually make you wiggle off faster

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,451

We need more skill checks tbh.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

I agree 100% the other issue is that almost evone but new players can easily make great/hard skill checks easily. Let's take a look at BNP and Overcharge, both have hard checks but hardly are that hard to get. Most can get the checks for BNP easily and Overcharge is only really used to prevent run by tapping of gens.

The new check system combined with Boil Over buff will make slugging a more prominent issue. Iorn Grasp or Dragons Grip will become standard and the game will probably lose more Killers.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

Current wiggle is really not fun at all. As someone already mentioned, with skill checks they actually need to pay attention to the game, which is something good. Why would I play a game to then just mash buttons and not pay attention?

though I see that the implementation especially with the great skillchecks is kinda flawed and it’s actually pretty fast which almost goes into button mashing as well… but mashing ADAD or circling your stick (which isn’t really clear, some inexperienced players will throw them from left to right!) is worse and doesn’t add anything but inaccessibility to the game.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

I said it before.

I'll say it again.

If Behvr had their way, you'd have to hit a skill check to wipe your ass after taking a #########.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

The problem is that great skillchecks DO make you wiggle off faster. That’s why they need to be removed.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

*Misses toilet skill check*

*Loud noise explosion and scream*

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I hope not. I would opt out even if the skill checks are stronger. I do not want to play Guitar Hero while the killer carries me, bruh.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

You can just slowly move your joystick in circle and its filling wiggle bar at full speed. Dunno why people are destroying their controllers when wiggling when its already an option to it safely

• Jonn
    Jonn Member Posts: 8

On the videos i saw everyone said it's gonna be an option

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Weird killers can't opt out this small buff.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

why dont we just move with skillchecks

and and vault with skillchecks

and drop pallets with skillchecks

and turn the camera with skill checks

and pause the game with skill checks

and t-bag with skill checks

just make everything skill checks, we don't need diversity

• GillyBeannn
    GillyBeannn Member Posts: 554
    edited January 2022

I think the point of these slillchecks is to give more accessibility options and so your don't strain you joystick when wiggling off. I personally see this as a good change and the skill checks boost your survival points by a lot, which is known to be the hardest category to get the most amount of BP.

• Ecstasy
    Ecstasy Member Posts: 426

I thought it sounded like a great idea in theory but the actual implementation of skill checks has me totally baffled so far. It's nothing like I was expected or seen in the game so far with the rotating directions (or so I think, but I'm not sure if its constant or alternating, or if they even go in the top part of hte circle or if its just a pendulum actually) .

I can't even tell if I'm struggling at all. Maybe its my controller (or the bind specifically) since they've also now showing its PS5 controls for the first time ever instead of defaulting to xbox through steam's controller config, so seems like there were other config changes.

I'd tried individual binds and I'm just as confused about the left/rigth and seeming to fail no matter what I press. :-/

Maybe I just need more games to figre out what I'm missing here, though I didnt feel like taking 20 minutes to queue again at the time :-/

For now... dear god I hope they leave the option.