Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Nurse's range add ons either secretely buffed or broken confirmed by Zubat

Sweet_Potato
Sweet_Potato Member Posts: 213
edited March 2022 in Bug Reporting

I think I dont have to introduce Zubat, a popular dbd content creator with huge nurse experience from the very beginning.

He noticed immidiately that Nurse is not the same she was before.

If not fully charged her range add-ons make her blinks extremely fast.

I suppose the percentage of additional range given also applies to her blink speed.

You can watch Zubat's explanation and a comparison in his stream. For example starting at 3:35:00.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1421266747

Post edited by Mandy on
29 votes

Acknowledged · Last Updated

Comments

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

I can't watch the video, but by the description it sounds like the effect got accidentally reversed to their old omega blink form. That would be hilarious if true.

• Wheatbread28
    Wheatbread28 Member Posts: 10

This was something that changed in 5.5.0.

• Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Member Posts: 213

No. This stream isnt even 24 hours old. Its the new Nurse.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,233

I thought I was going crazy when I was testing out new nurse after the first huge nurse changes with range. Tried double range and it 100% seemed like you were going much faster and further. I imagine after recoding the range addons when they didn't work at all for a while they didn't think about the original issue.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,233

Yea there is no way this is intended

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

I was trying to understand his YouTube video. It’s not that the distance that can be covered increases too much when charging a blink; it’s that she moves too quickly when actually blinking making it too difficult to react to.

• Wheatbread28
    Wheatbread28 Member Posts: 10

She blinks WAY further than before right now but the blink running SPEED when she blinks was changed back in 5.5.0 when they rewrote the code. You could tell the difference of running the double distance vs double recharge BIG time. Its been in game since then.

• dreamsy10
    dreamsy10 Member Posts: 142

Everyone in this thread is confirmed to be a surv main. Classic thing to cry over any killer. She got fixed from her 39439 bugs, she works as intended now.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,036

I know I compared Nurse to an F1 car a few months ago but you didn't need to take it so seriously bhvr.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    edited March 2022

Looks normal to me tbh, and i usually play nurse without addons.

I tried it today and did not notice any speed up.

I should be over blinking because i never use range addons but i am not. Smells more like a nerf attempt to me.

• Suzzys_Secretary
    Suzzys_Secretary Member Posts: 46
    edited March 2022

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1421266747?t=3h34m45s

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1421266747?t=2h6m53s

Everything appears normal up to the point where she can traven from point A to B in instant removing the need to predict where the survivor will be once she has traveled to her destination. This was normally considered why nurse was respected for the time investment it required to be able to predict blink time + survivors future position. This now occuring in an instant removes that very skill ceiling which was why people gave up on playing her due to the time investment it required and has now been removed as it's more of a mechanical play of abusing the fast travel speed of the blink.

Post edited by Suzzys_Secretary on
  • Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

its mostly visual. Don't make it into a bigger deal than it is.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933
    edited March 2022

That doesn't seem visual, that is definitely a faster blink speed. I can't edit the clips right now to compare the speed one on one, but look at:

This is before nurse was recoded - fully charged blink took ~ 2 seconds: 13.333 m/s for 30 meters

This is from yesterday, blink seems to take a little more than 1 second.

Later I will try to compare the clips 1:1 with some video editor though

• Mr_K

Like I said, its visual. I posted the video to show it. Distance traveled in the same amount of time.

Sure BHVR should/needs to fix it but don't make it out to be the return of Omega Blink.

Other note, for those that weren't around then, Omega Blink was strong because the charge time was 2sec regardless of distance. That meant that you could blink the same distance as base with a shorter charge time. That was fixed with the addon pass 2 years ago where they made it so you had to charge >2sec for extra distance.

• Suzzys_Secretary

He has vested interest, nurse main if you checked his channel. Do not expect them to point out any change that has been made to her kit.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933
    edited March 2022

Never said it was on par of omegablink, just said it looks like you travel faster. Charge time is the same

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,485
    edited March 2022

Blink speed is the factor that was affected not blink charge to blink distance, as you could see in the "visual" yes they went the same distance but look how much faster the one on the right can chain blink or attack in comparison to the one on the left, that is the issue people have, the blink speed is massively increased using the addons and all the consequences that come with it.

• Mr_K

The orginal post ref Zubat that did. Only reason I brought it up.

The testing I did showed the same launch and landing time. Yes it makes you think you're blinking faster like shadowborn makes you think you're moving faster.

• Mr_K

I don't use addons. Hard to say I have a vested interest in something I don't use.

• Suzzys_Secretary

Your youtube channel solely consist of nurse videos, if you read my earlier comments my claim states these bugs are not exclusive to the usage of add ons.

• Mr_K

1 video was him using the addons. 2nd video he didn't even check if they had addons. Nothing to do with addons, WDYM? Are you trying to say she blinks faster with basekit. Surely you could make me eat my words with my own videos if that were true.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Range addons WILL speed up blink speed, it's always been a thing as far as I remember.

Blink speed is not based on distance or charge time, it's based on relative to maximum charge, say, you can charge 2 seconds without addons and can charge 4 seconds with addons, and you charged for a second in both situation, it will yield same distance, but without addons you will move at speed for 50% blink, while you will move at speed for 25% blink with addons.

• Leonardo1ita
    Leonardo1ita Member Posts: 2,279

Nice, bug aknowledged :D, I'm super happy!

• Alionis
    Alionis Member Posts: 1,024

Based on the information we have from dataminers digging into the nurse's code, this appears to be the way it should have worked ever since the nurse was reworked, not just now with her most recent fix.

As the poster above me pointed out, the blink has a maximum duration of 1.5 seconds, it cannot last longer than that. This is simple maths: if you increase the distance (with the addons) and time remains the same, you automatically need to increase the speed as well to balance out the equation t = d/s.

That this equation is now true is evident in the video you posted. You can see that while the nurse travels much farther and faster with her addons, the blink takes the exact same amount of time to complete.

This, to me, is not a case of the devs bugging up the addons, but actually fixing them and them now working as intended by the code. This shouldn't be called a bug, as this is not code not working as intended, the code says that this is how it should work.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,694
    edited March 2022

For the purposes of development even if something is functioning like it's "supposed to" it can still be an oversight which is still an issue, ie. something functioning differently than expected even if isn't actually a bug. In this case, I think the 2 of the nurse's strongest 3 addons providing an additional boon other than their stated one on the killer who is already the strongest in the game can be safely considered an oversight.

It's like how spirit's duration addons also make you recharge faster. It's an oversight. For whatever reason the devs have yet to fix the spirit addons, but its the same thing.

• Erasox
    Erasox Member Posts: 231

Spirits addons recharge faster yes but maybe its intended when they try to remove the codeline from that it will breaking something other. Maybe thats why they never changed that. Same for this nurse addon maybe its intended but not sooo fast.

• Leonardo1ita
    Leonardo1ita Member Posts: 2,279

Right, hopefully a mistake they're gonna fix soon enough.

• Alionis

That wasn't the point of my post, because I do agree with you, that even when something is working as intended, it can still be an issue.

My point was merely that this issue here is not a bug and thus shouldn't be called that. This is code working as intended and whether it should continue to work like that or not is a discussion issue and should be put in a feedback thread.

Calling it a bug, when it isn't, just detracts and takes resources away from the plethora of actual bugs that plague DbD.

Regarding Spirit's addons, I wouldn't agree that it's an oversight. If anything, it's a (possibly unwanted) side-effect of how they coded her power to work when addons extend the duration of a phase walk. They decided to do that by adding charges to the power gauge, but since they also decided to give her a fixed recharge time, they were forced to add a secondary effect to the duration addons that increases the recharge speed, otherwise she would take longer.

In my opinion, there are too many deliberate decisions here that I doubt any of it is an oversight, but arguably just poor design.

• Alionis

Sorry, but fixing something to the point that it is working as intended, is not what a mistake is by definition.

If the working-as-intended has unwanted consequences, it can be discussed if it should be changed to work differently, but you can't fix what isn't broken.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,206

Are they still bugged? And if so, could you please kills witch them until fixed? I ran into a lot of people abusing it

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 23,000

I'm closing this bug report due to the arguments that are occurring on here. This is an acknowledged bug - the addons are not adding the charge time as they should, hence this IS a bug and will be fixed in a future update.

This discussion has been closed.