Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Soul Guard is not working the exact way it is phrased

Soul Guards description says that WHILE you are hexed you can pick yourself up from the dying state, meaning that only during the time of you being hexed should you be allowed to pick yourself up so once the hex gets removed mid game you shouldn't be able to pick yourself up however this is not the case as I have seen several games get lost because of this word misplay. You as killer lose all your hex perks meaning soul guard shouldn't allow a free pick up but it seems to work as if it is a charge. Either BHVR needs to make the perk work the way it says or BHVR needs to make the perk say how it works correctly.

4 votes

Acknowledged · Last Updated

Comments

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

Have you any clips showing that? Are you sure they didn’t have it paired with Unbreakable or another surv came to pick them up?

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 23,000

I just tested this and can confirm I needed the Cursed effect to pick myself up, so it is indeed working as intended for me.

However, i will say - most survivors pair Soul Guard with Unbreakable as the two perks synergise so well together. Is it possible that the survivors in the match also had unbreakable and that's how they picked themselves up from dying state?

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,761

OP, and Mandy when you tested it - what hex perks did the killer have?

I haven't tested it with everything (and I know it's not bugged with most hex perks), but I can actually confirm Soul Guard is 100% broken against Pentimento. Once you are cursed by it, you can pick yourself up forever even after it's cleansed and you're not cursed anymore (even if there’s no other rekindled totems left). I believe I have seen similar problems with Plaything as well, so it might have to do with perks that can have more than one hex totem.

I’m on my phone now, but if you’d like I have a video on my pc I can post later.

• Mandy

I tested with Ruin.

If you can upload a video onto this thread later that will be great, please tag me so that I can check my notifications - thank you <3

• sizzlingmario4

Worth noting:

1. I cleansed Retribution at the start, and had already cleared all the other totems. As shown, at this point everything was fine - I wasn’t able to fully recover.
    2. As shown, it is not enough for the killer to simply have Pentimento active - you do need to have gotten the cursed effect from it at some point for this to happen. The second time I attempted to recover I still couldn’t - this was normal.
    3. When picking myself up the first time (when I shouldn’t have been able to), I wasn’t cursed and there wasn’t any remaining hex totem on the map. After this, I then had the killer rekindle all the remaining totems (there were 3 left at that point) and cleansed all of them. Afterwards I could again still fully recover.
    4. As mentioned earlier, I believe this will occur with Plaything as well, but I couldn’t test that with only one other person. But I’m like 99% sure I’ve seen it before.
    5. While recording this I noticed another separate bug - when the 2nd totem was rekindled while I was doing the gen, the action speed slowed down, but I had to let go and start doing the gen again to actually get the cursed status.

Hope this helps! (also sorry it’s a bit laggy at certain parts)

• Mandy

@sizzlingmario4 thank you very much for such detailed information, I will pass that information along to our QA team to take a look into. I really appreciate the time you and the killer put in to create that video and post for us, it's much appreciated <3

• darkshadows8326
    darkshadows8326 Member Posts: 394

No survivor in my trial had Unbreakable and the 2 perks I had were Ruin and Undying. Another survivor had not picked them up as I had downed one and as I walked back to the area the downed survivor was at, there was no second survivor nearby do to pick up the first downed individual, being an open area as it was and seeing the survivor initially downed getting up directly. At that point in the match both my Hex totems had been cleansed. Either there is some other glitch involving the abuse of Soul Guard or the several individuals whom used the secondary effect without meeting the requirements were cheating.

• sizzlingmario4
    edited April 2022

Hmm. If anything then it might have to do with Undying transferring another hex. I know SG works correctly with just Ruin alone.