We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

spine chill is not working as described

Jeoz
Jeoz Member Posts: 31
edited July 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

spine chill light up just by the killer being 36 meters or less away from the survivor, but it ended being kinda fair, 36 meters is a lot, and working this way doesn't tell the survivor if the killer is coming, chasing someone else or just passing by.

if spine chill still needs to be nerf. I would like to suggest that it work as it used to be, but without the vault bonus, and doesn't turn on if the killer is using a stalking skill, that way it doesn't counter myers and ghostface so hard, but still have some use against stealth killers.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Masi
    Masi Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2022

I always thought stealth killers should not be countered by spine chill, because at the end you are stealthy because of "Undetectable" status. You are not undetectable if a perk can detect you. Maybe just removing that ability from spine chill would be easier, but I don't dislike how they reworked it.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 23,000

With the rework that's coming to Spine Chill, it will only give the action speed bonus if in direct line of sight for killer - which will help stealth killers a lot more. The vault speed has been removed entirely.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,371

Just a clarification, does the killer have to be looking at you, or does it activate whenever you have a potential Line of Sight on the killer?

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,463

the killer has to be looking at you and there needs to not be a wall between you and the killer.

the perk was mainly used for its ability to pinpoint killer location. Like if your on top corner of the map and the perk lights up, the killer will be bottom-right of you, exactly 36 meters away from you between cone.

the ability worked when the killer was undetectable and gave information even before the killer terror radius could be heard.

they're weakened it but the perk might end up being useless now. I think they should kept vault speed to at least have some marginal use with lesser used resilience perk but whatever.