VAC Ban on Profile Steam

playhard
playhard Member Posts: 279

i always see of other profile account before starting the game. Why i always curious with people who get a VAC ban on their profile eventhough this is maybe only for one game. But there are a quote Once a cheater always a cheater.

Comments

• XerraFox
    XerraFox Member Posts: 157

Those who lived a completely innocent life may through the first stone

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709
    edited July 2022

also, you may see a vac ban but you actually don’t know what the cheats were, maybe it was just some cosmetic stuff, maybe it was a family shared account that got a ban and they actually didn’t do anything themselves, maybe they were 12 years old and messing around in Counter Strike while now never cheating again.

it’s okay for you to dodge these profiles if you want to. But otherwise, don’t be so judgmental without knowing the full story.

Post edited by Mandy on
  • Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

the topic is still about VAC bans on Steam profiles (without any further info - the person might even not be a cheater to begin with) and you were bringing up murder.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,583

If a ban was a few years ago I consider the matter closed. Five at the minimum.

• WalterBlack
    WalterBlack Member Posts: 148

Don't judge a book by its cover. Maybe if it's recent there's a reason to be suspicious. I personally got banned on VAC 3022 days ago today for being a stupid child and cheating in TF2. Never cheated since.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

My little bro has a VAC ban for cheating in counter strike, I assumed it was just the modern pre-teen's rite of passage

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210

Thank god i'm on console. Nobody gonna check my profile and my hours, nor do i.

Also i would lose my mind and fate in humanity watching all these profil pictures. :D

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070

Although people could change, which is very unlikely, the main thing is that any ban could be not deserved.

My friend was banned from Dark Souls permanently after picking corrupted item from a cheater. I was very close to get a ban because I tweaked .exe file to support my ultrawide monitor. It's maybe an offence, but doubtly should spread on other games.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959

Wish I could check Steam profiles before a match but alas I'm on console. Best thing I can do is just dodge legacy

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,451

Doom 2

IDDQD

• Config
    Config Member Posts: 306

Well I'm vac banned, I have over 2000 hours on dbd and I have never been interesting in cheating on dbd, I got banned 2 years ago by cheating on CSGO when I was 13 years old, the fact that i cheated in 1 game 2 years ago doesn't mean I'm going to cheat again, to me that's kind obvious.