Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Is it normal for your perks unlocked from shrine to not be available anymore after the grind update?

Adaez
Adaez Member Posts: 1,239

I just noticed that perks I bought from the shrine of secrets,some perks of licensed killers I dont have.

Even though I have them on my killers and survivors,I checked some of them like blood warden in the current shrine of secrets and even thought I I already bought them,it doesn't show the text saying already owned anymore.this most likely happened after the grind update,meaning I have to buy it again to unlock it on new characters now?

Is this a bug or is this intended after the grind reduction?

1 votes

Not a bug · Last Updated

Comments

• hastarkis
    hastarkis Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 580
    edited November 2022

You bought first tier of those perks. Now in shrine of secrets you can buy also second and third tier to upgrade this perk for all characters at once (bypassing prestige requirement).

Only after this perk will be upgraded to tier three (no matter by shrine or prestige) you will see "already own" text and will be able to buy blood points instead.

Can you check which color of those perks do you have in the shrine? If you bought bloodwarden pre-patch (and all killers have it first tier), now it should be green in the shrine allowing you to buy second tier of it.

• Adaez
    edited November 2022

so you have to buy a perk 3 times now in the shrine,meaning you have to pay 12k shards instead of 4?

Post edited by Adaez on
  • hastarkis
    edited November 2022

Well, you don't have to, and why 4? Where did you get this number?

Anyway, you can:

1) buy dlc with money/shards and prestige character 3 times to get tier 3 of all perks for everyone.

2) buy one perk in shrine 3 times (12k shards) to get only one specific perk tier 3 for everyone

3) combine first two if you want. If you have character p1 then you can buy tier 2 of the perk for 2k shards, and then tier 3 for 4k. If you have character p2 then tier 3 will cost 2k shards only.

4) you can buy perk only once, for 2k shards (or prestige character only once to unlock all 3 perks), and then level perk(s) up in bloodwebs of your other characters just like before. The only difference from previous system is you already have tier 1 ready to equip for every character, you don't have to spend bps to find it.

So no, you don't have to pay more if you want it old way, you even save some bps actually.

• hastarkis
    edited November 2022

Ah, i got where you find 4.

Your bloodwarden is tier two without Freddy being prestiged.

Let me clear it. There's some sophisticated system with prices and discounts.

If you don't have character: tier1 = 2k, tier2 = 4k, tier3 = 6k.

If you have character p1: tier1 = already own, tier2 = 2k, tier3 = 4k.

If you have character p2: tier1 and tier2 = already own, tier3 = 2k shards.

So if you don't have character it's better to buy three perks tier 1 (2+2+2=6k) and level perks up through bloodweb. It is exactly like it was before, nothing new beside tier1 is ready to equip.

If you do have character (or don't want to level up perks on EVERY other character) then it's better to buy character and p3 them to unlock perks for everyone. It's new option you can use. But also you can level perks via shards (huge amount of them tbh), it's also new option, and nobody force you to do so, you still have old system for you.

• Adaez
    edited November 2022

So you mean,once you unlock a perk in the shrine,you can have it maxed out to level 3 on anyone?

Or do I have to buy it 3 times,so I can max it out on everyone?

• hastarkis

First one. Once you bought it in shrine you are completely free to level this perk up on every other character through bloodweb, from tier 1 to tier 3, with no problems. Just like before.

But you also can level up perks on other characters by prestiging initial character or by buying 2d and 3d tiers in shrine. As alternative. You don't have to do that, it is an option in addition to basic (old) system.

So don't worry. If you have bloodwarden for all killers tier1 you both: 1) can level it up from tier 1 to tier 3 on every killer now; 2) will be able to do the same on every new killer.

• Adaez
  • Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,996

Thank you @hastarkis for explaining this so clearly <3

• Adaez

Thanks for the clear explanation as well.